Show us ya Tubs!!!!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Show us ya Tubs!!!!

Postby Mudme on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Bump! Any more tubs setups we can look at
Mudme

Postby viking shippy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

kevin wrote:
Riguez wrote:Has anyone put a tray slide in their tub like these http://www.bedslide.com.au/bedslide-ran ... prohd.html or these http://www.blueys.com.au/slide-tray/ ? was thinking of making one myself.

A bit late to this thread I know, but yes I have had a bedslide for quite some time now; I have the 1000. It extends about 67% of its length. Really useful and about $2k when I got mine. I have since installed a deck about 50cm above the slide. Heres pics closed / opened:

Click to view larger picture

Ouch seems a lot if money but when you think about the strength it must have and the labour factor fabricating it..... reasonable I suppose...is it made here
viking shippy

Postby Spinner80 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 am

I am thinking of doing the same as you Tim007 and wondered did you drill holes in the bottom of you tray to mount the floor or does it just sit in your tray? I am also thinking of taking tub liner out and make mine a more permanent fixture as I don't usually put rubbish in the back. If you did drill holes in your tray how and where would be appreciated or did you use the existing bolts. Im thinking that I would have to fix it down somehow as unless I have some weight in the front of tray when I extend the fridge the front will lift up.
Spinner80

Postby helicoptercow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure he used the existing bolt holes in the tub, just with longer bolts? Or someone did that :lol:

Depending how you set it up, i have my battery behind my fridge (60L evakool), same as tim, and i find there is enough weight in the battery and fridge box to hold the base flat when fully extended. And i haven't fixed my board to the tray either. That said my box has a lot of weight in it, and the battery is probably 25kg.

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dunga71 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby bubba379 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Dunga71 wrote:Click to view larger picture

Hey mate, do you put anything on top that canopy? reason asking i want to put in a dog crate and rollbar but bolt them to the side of the tub, wanting to know if doing so will the tub walls be strong enough to put a roof top tent on also?
bubba379

Postby Dunga71 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah I put a fair bit up there,all the other canopies sit on the side rails so I rekon you would be fine
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby Tim007 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Spinner80 wrote:I am thinking of doing the same as you Tim007 and wondered did you drill holes in the bottom of you tray to mount the floor or does it just sit in your tray? I am also thinking of taking tub liner out and make mine a more permanent fixture as I don't usually put rubbish in the back. If you did drill holes in your tray how and where would be appreciated or did you use the existing bolts. Im thinking that I would have to fix it down somehow as unless I have some weight in the front of tray when I extend the fridge the front will lift up.

Hey mate,

yes I drilled 4 new holes in the tray as like you I wanted it to be pretty permanent and I don't use the tray for much more then camping gear and the kids bikes. I used 302 stainless steel coach bolts. I figures these will not rust and the coach head is domed so nothing catches on it. I also made sure I drilled the holes on the the high point (looking from underneath) of the ridges that run down the tray. This way the washes I was using could get flat against the bottom of the tray to help keep it water tight. I also used a neo washer between the tub and the the stainless washer to help with the seal. This has worked very well to keep the water out. If you use the low part of the ridges the washers may not pull flat against the bottom of the tray. I just slid the board in and made sure she was square and when the drill punched through the tray it marked where the holes on the board needed to go.

Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Postby triton_guru on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Good choice in fridges mate :twisted:
triton_guru

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups