1ZERO5's Single Cab Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

1ZERO5's Single Cab Build

Postby 1ZERO5 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 am

Hey Everyone, thought it was about time I got round to putting up a build thread (although it isnt really a build, mainly just cosmetic changes. If you're looking for a hardcore single cab build go check out BEN115's thread). So my truck is a 4x2 but I still love her, heres a pic of the day I got her.
Click to view larger picture
After driving back from NSW I had decided on the two very first things I was going to do, first get rid of the horrible stock stereo and speakers and secondly after sliding around on the highway in torrential rain get bigger tyres.

Transplanted head unit and speakers from the old commodore

New rims and tyres from Bob Jane for $1500
Click to view larger picture`
Also in that above photo you can see the nudge bar (ebay) and the driving lights (ebay again) and of course the tray sides are off, a couple quick aesthetic changes cause looks is what really matters.

I've done a couple other things to it and I'll post them up when I get round to doing a write up. It's something a bit different then the generic 4x4 dual cab with muddies, ultimate suspension, bash plates and an xrox bar, I think they make them stock like that now :lol:
1ZERØ5
1ZERO5

Re: 1ZERO5's Single Cab Build

Postby NickTriton on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Lookin good so far mate! Keep it up 8-)
NickTriton

Postby desblaze on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 am

Hey man, how do you find the single cab? I'm actually in the market for a single cab and for some reason I'm hope to get a 4x4. I'm needing one in about 2 weeks and if I can't get my hands on one I will reluctantly get a 2x4, the issue for me is I'm in Mt Isa and heading to Brissie in November and hope to pick one up for the drive home so I'm running out of time.

What are your opinions of this beast? is yours the petrol of the diesel? And are you happy with its performance? Its looking good mate. Keep up the posts and pic's.
desblaze

Postby 1ZERO5 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 am

desblaze wrote:Hey man, how do you find the single cab? I'm actually in the market for a single cab and for some reason I'm hope to get a 4x4. I'm needing one in about 2 weeks and if I can't get my hands on one I will reluctantly get a 2x4, the issue for me is I'm in Mt Isa and heading to Brissie in November and hope to pick one up for the drive home so I'm running out of time.

What are your opinions of this beast? is yours the petrol of the diesel? And are you happy with its performance? Its looking good mate. Keep up the posts and pic's.

hey mate, sorry for the very very late reply I've neglected this thread and the forum for far too long now.

I do enjoy the 4x2 for me it does what I want it to and it goes almost anywhere I send it, admittedly now I am looking at a 4x4 dual cab, i simply need the space and more than 2 seats.

Its a petrol, 4 cyl, the power isn't great but again it does what I need it to, I've recently fitted a k&n air filter and to my surprise there was a significant increase in power and sound (but that could be my imagination) it's pulled a caravan, camper trailer, car trailer, horse float, and plenty of dump runs and I've never had an argument with it.

if anyone is interested I'll take some more pics and try to get them up this weekend, the ute's pretty much all kitted out for camping and biking now, and the tray sides are back on with a flexiglass canopy.
1ZERØ5
1ZERO5

Postby Duck on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Maybe you to could work out a swapsie with some coin changeover & both get your new ute's :D
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Bradbucky on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi,

Do you mind telling me what size/brand rims and tyres you went for?

Thanks
Bradbucky

Postby har05l on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Bradbucky wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Don't hold your breathe for a response mate, seems zero hasn't been here since February :?
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 1ZERO5 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks

Hey mate they're 16's speedy rims, cheapies from Bob Jane think I got them for $99 each, tyres are Maxxis 751 AT's 31 inch (i was told they were the biggest I could get on the stock truck)

They've all held up well, a lot of highway driving and dirt roads.
1ZERØ5
1ZERO5

Postby 1ZERO5 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:22 pm

har05l wrote:

Thanks

Don't hold your breathe for a response mate, seems zero hasn't been here since February :?

Yeah mate, haven't been around for a little while, life tends to get in the way of the finer things.

I just like seeing the email tell me someone's looking at my topic
1ZERØ5
1ZERO5

Postby 1ZERO5 on Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

Anyone looking for a work ute? I've decided to sell my Triton after an upgrade to a Patrol.

I can be contacted on 0431 568 526, Price is negotiable

details can be found here http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3316550

1ZERØ5
1ZERO5

Return to Member Build Ups