Matts MN GLX-r Triton Updated with photo

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Matts MN GLX-r Triton Updated with photo

Postby mattbrown on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 am

Well ive made my introductions a week or 2 back its time to start getting into the details
Ive had the triton approx 2 months second hand my10 with 30ks on the clock never seen dirt was really happy with the buy.
I have put some lightforce 55w 240 blitz on the front always had lightforce lights and are great long distance lights.
I also have some brand new Xvison LED 4x10w LED spotlights to go on once i get the bullbar so i have more mounting options. These things are amazing and pretty costly but knowing people in the right places let me get these for a carton of rum the joys of mates.
Got some led strip lighting to put in various spots the tray engine bay etc etc ill get around to that soon
I got a cheap 10 inch lightbar off ebay going to mount that on the underside of the rollbar as a reverse light once again ill get onto that once i get some spare time.
Few weeks back got rid of the rubbish 245/65/17s and put on some 265/70/17 after reading on here that it was the prefered size to put on.
Now the exciting things are starting for me in 2 weeks time all going to plan lift and bullbar will be going on decided the ironman delux bar and ironman lift as i can drop it off on the way to work and pick it up on the way home.
Also ordering a snorkle that everyone seems to rate highly off a certain site sponsor for a christmas present to myself.
Anyways not sure on posting photos as yet im sure someone could help me out if you were interested in seeing it.
looking forward to more mods in the near future

cheers :P
Last edited by mattbrown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattbrown

Re: Matts MN GLX-r Triton

Postby trumpy955 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 am

Sounds like you did well mate. Try photo bucket, there is a link on the site to putting photos up somewhere. Can't wait to see the photos !!!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
trumpy955

Postby fridgie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 am

Getting into it I see ;-)

There is a thread on how to post photos (check the forum directory link in my signature) and we also have "the sandpit" for practising uploading and using correct links to give you a spot to get the hang of it.

Most people use photo bucket, upload to there then copy the img link code into your post. I think the best size for pics is 640x480 or 800x600 can't remember. (if you go larger just means people have to click on the picture the expand it on here)

Look forward to seeing the ride, don't forget to check ride heights before and after lift ;-)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby mattbrown on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

I've measured it just after the new rubber went on and with them and stock suspension it sitting pretty high really maybe 20mm less the people are measuring with a lift so looking forward to seeing what I will get out of it. I'm hoping the ride will improve its pretty terrible ATM specially on gravel bumpy rounds the tail really likes going in its own direction.
mattbrown

Postby mattbrown on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Well all is booked in for Thursday ironman bullbar ironman suspension and a tjm snorkel pretty excited about the whole thing Thursday will be a long day for me I'd say
mattbrown

Postby mattbrown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 am

well everything is all on very happy with it although major hassels with the install.
was meant to pick it up at 4.00pm after work finally got out at 6:30pm but was told would have to bring it back in for wheel alignment as it was out to the pissa. i was yeh rightio i just wanna get home then i notice traction control lights are on thought nothing of it drove 100km home got home realised i had no break lights
looked at the fuse blown changed it still nothing disconnected battery hoping the traction lights would go away well nope nothing
was meant to be leaving at 9am in the morning to go camping this was last friday rang up they tell me to bring it in easy fix 20 mins max. after an hour waiting i was starting to get pissed and the wife was on the blower wanting answers which i didnt have as no one would tell me what was going on.
after getting very annoyed and abit angry at a few managers i got an answer.... Oh its our mistake when we did the snorkel we have seemed to have drilled a few wires aswell. so another 2 hours later was finished finally got home at 2:30 then got to camp at 7:00pm just in time to set up before nightfall
mattbrown

Postby mattbrown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

i got this second hand bog stock with 30ks on it in september done alittle to it since

This is the earliest photo i can find was after the new tyres

Click to view larger picture

then after the lift etc

hope the photos work first time photo poster
mattbrown

Re: Matts MN GLX-r Triton Updated with photo

Postby mattz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Well done with the photos. ;)
It's looking good Matt. ;)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Fixed your photos for you. When you're in photobucket, if you hover over your image it should bring up some links - grab the ones with [IMG] around it and paste them straight into your post to get them showing as above.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mattbrown on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks mate I'm new to this hot no idea
mattbrown

Postby Mongrel on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 pm

G,day mate,

A few month on, what do you think of the Ironman Bar?
Ain't Nothing Like a Mongrel. :twisted:
Mongrel

Postby mattbrown on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:03 am

Sorry been alittle slack and haven't updated this for awhile

Not much to talk about.
Got rid of the air filter replaced with a K&N good sound via the snorkel now.
Catch Can its been in about 4000ks and already a decent amount of oil trapped
Running another Lightforce 55w HID so 3 lightforce all up on the bar and a LED barlight on top great light at night now.

About to do 3 inch exhaust in the next couple weeks

Mongrel sorry for the late response the Ironman bar is good value for money I think it maybe hangs alittle low at the front compared to ARB bars that's my only concern I think. I did hit a average sized roo at 110 on the left and side was thinking huge damage but just some blood and fur not a bend broken light nothing.
mattbrown

Postby mattbrown on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 am

mattbrown

Return to Member Build Ups