SPB 2012 GLX

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: SPB 2012 GLX

Postby SPB on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Okay so after a brief Hospital stay I now have the fuel tank reshaped. A big thanks to Ross Caswell at Casweld in Yarrawonga. I have lost around 6 litres from the look of the photos with the 3L Milk container. But with the filler hose being longer I might regain a litre or two. So I just rang the guys doing the install."So when can I book it in?' thinking it might be a week or two."Tomorrow at 8am" NO PROBLEM. So all things going well by the weekend it will all done. Just in time for my Easter trips and the school holidays.

Click to view larger picture
SPB

Postby hvac guy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Keen to see how all this comes to in the end
as I would like to do the same as this.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby desblaze on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:40 pm

i'm interested in this option as well. Would love to know what sort of $$ this would cost? modifying the tank and install. Is this getting certified?
desblaze

Postby SPB on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 pm

All will revielled soon! On the dual tank thread I just put some photos up. All will be certified. Once the project is complete I will go through it step by step. It will be price comparable.
SPB

Postby SPB on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Suspension upgrade complete. I got Bilsteins all round and an upgraded leaf spring set up. L&S Springs in Darwin did the job. And up close all I can say is WOW! SWMBO definetly needs a step ladder for the fridge and probably to get into it! Also note the twin tanks and just above them is the fuel pump from a Drag car to do dthe transfer
Click to view larger picture[/URL]
Click to view larger picture[/URL]
SPB

Postby SPB on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

So I finally got around to building a box to cover the twin 120ah Outback Thumper batteries. It also has a shelf on top to store a few other things. There are plenty of venting holes which you cant see if required. Fishing rod holders. The canopy is wide enough for a 1800mm rod. So now reels will stay on with a lure and within a minute of stopping I could be casting! And it also take the boys small rod too! I also picked up an old Army plastic box that had shelves in it. I am using it for my tucker box. Each shelf in height easily fits a loaf of bread or a big jar of peanut butter.

SPB

Postby srb on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Hay SPB, looks like you've been busy! :)
I like the fuel tank mod... I have plans to do this as well. Do you mind if I pop in one day and have a closer look? I'll be heading through Darwin in about 3-4 weeks time. Let me know. 8-)

Hay I wouldn't worry about fixing that spare wheel carrier... I'd just remove it. The weight over the back you'll have including your trailer scares me! :shock:

Cheers, Steve.
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SPB on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks Steve,

I will send you a PM shortly.

Shane
SPB

Postby SPB on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Sorry as for the weight. The wheel carriers hang out just as far as my MK with a swing away carrier. The CT has a ball weight of 120kg. I have put the car and CT over the weigh bridge all along the course of the build and all is ok. The last thing I did was the suspension as to cope with the mods. The car and CT have been out bush on the real rough stuff and has performed well to date.
SPB

Postby srb on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Good to know Shane. 8-) Will talk soon.
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SPB on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I wasnt going to fit spotties, however seeing that ARB donated some to my club and I won them, I probably should put them on. So whilst fitting them I got to the point of which wire do I tap into for the high beams? I reckon it is the blue wire....then SWMBO pipes up "why dont you look on that Triton website you rabbit on about?" Oh yeah. So it is the blue wire!

SPB

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Handy site for times like those isn't it? I used to take my ipad out to the garage with me just in case.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Snooozy on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm

yep, the info on here comes in very handy at times, I used it on the weekend to look up the reversing lamp wire for my new reverse camera.

The hard part is not getting sidetracked with other stuff & wasting hours :roll: :lol:
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MICK_ on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:28 am

Canopy looks good mate.
2011 GLXR 4x4 TD - AUTO

ARB Bullbar
ARB Rearbar
ARB Brushbars
ARB Roof Basket
BushSkinz
Scotts 3" Pipe
Safari Snorkel
Tray Back
Foxwing Awning
UHF
Averger Winch(Rope)
Red Arc Dual Battery + Monitor
Rear Locker
17" Steelies
Mickey T MTZ
MICK_

Postby SPB on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 pm

I decided to see why my water gauge on my 75L tank wasnt working. It seems as I used a fuel sender unit it isnt resistant to rust! I knew this would happen when I bought it. So it lasted about 3 years. The wire with the float has rusted off and is in the tank. This is the sender unit. A new water stainless one is on its way.

And SWMBO mad a new rubbish bag for the car. The old one has now become the can bag(we have the deposit scheme like SA)

SPB

Postby SPB on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 am

Fitted the Air Conitioner filter today.

Also received from wrecker down south a replacement ABS sensor.&&^$^%$^%$ Mitsi has changed it! MIne is one the left and the one on the right is also from a MN. The wrecker has located the right one now. I wonder at what year it was changed? Its the second one I have broken now(both with a stick or rock going between the wheel and leaf spring). Now I am on the hunt for some spares. New is about $355. and $120for labour for a 5 minute job. 15 if you take the wheel off!

SPB

Postby SPB on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:13 pm

New boots today Kenda Kelever MT

Now time for a play
SPB

Postby SPB on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:01 pm

My switch panel in the back has 4 outlets. Two for "normal" sockets, One merit plug and one Engel plug. More and more things that I seem to buy charge with a USB. So seeing that I dont use the merit plug I would put in a USB port. After removing the merit plug I found that I had to do some filing to make the opening big enough for the new port. After that no trouble wiring and screwing it into place. The outlets will do up to 1 amp each if both are being used. The other reason for doing this was the USB adaptor I had would only do 1 amp which which is no good for running the Galaxy Tablet for navigating up front or charging once stationary in the back. Also in the back the fridge couldnt open if anything was on charge. So I found a smaller adaptor that would still produce 2 amps (thats what the Galaxy requires) each port and its smaller.
Panel with merit plug

With Merit plug removed

The new adaptor

OLd adaptor in place

New adaptor in place with two fingers of room. Admittandally it wont be used much in the back due to the new usb socket

All in place
SPB

Postby hvac guy on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Whats the display above any specs ? Please
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Cowboy Dave

Postby SPB on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Thats the one. It shows Voltage and current amp usage or how may hours you have left prior to battery going flat. I have mine set up with 2 x 120ah in the car and 1 x 120 ah from the trailer.
SPB

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:56 pm

It looks good but cheapest I could see on ebay was about $191 - did you get it any cheaper than that?

Cowboy Dave

Postby SPB on Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Unfortnatly no. I looked at other options and with gauges/meters it adds up over $100 or so but as I do do go very remote for long periods (and only recently adding solar panels) I thought it was worth it.
SPB

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah it looks to be a handy little gadget and I'd like to have something like that but the price is over what I could justify with the use I give mine.

Cowboy Dave

Postby SPB on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:37 pm

So I have added some breathers/filters to the fuel tank breathers to help reduce any dust that may find its way to the tank. Ebay specials at $1 each. Added a bit of hose and barb fitting. I should know if they cause any issues ie added fuel consumption after this weekend.

Click to view larger picture.

Also rust has been a bit of a problem for this 2yro car. It has only been in salt once and looks terrible. So recently I used KBS rust sealer on the House so I thought lets use it on the car. I didnt realise until I opened the tin it was the gloss, oh well it wont stay shiny for long.

This photo was after I used the Rust blast(2nd step in the process)

And after.

I am a sloppy painter but seeing that its underneath and will be covered in dirt most of the time it wont be noticable. I sprayed on 3 coats so we will have to see how long it lasts.
SPB

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups