Krazed's Mn Build Up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Krazed's Mn Build Up

Postby krazed on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:53 pm

hcr83 wrote:Gday Krazed

just wondering what size tyres you are running on your machine??

hey bud . I Got some 265/75/16 federal couragia's on 16x7 csa ranger steelies 0 offset ;)

p.s . the fronts are debateable but the back tyres do stick out of the flares a little . for the look im willing to run the risk 8-) . Alternatively you could run them on +7 offset and they would all be in the guards
krazed

Postby krazed on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Duck wrote:Very nice looking Ute mate 8-) Good job on the side steps, how much did the material cost for them ?

Hi Duck . I was able to find a merchant who sold cts steel (cut to size) rather than the full lengths (6.5m). Being that im in the cabinetmaking/wood machinist game and he needs some kitchen stuff made i was able to get everything at trade price and have done for a few mates too. all up it was about 250-280$ including the checker plate which was the most expensive stuff out of it all . if your in seq i can give you his number and just drop my name and he will look after ya ;) . I just sprayed mine but its starting to fade off abit after a year now . I will be pulling them off and sandblasting them down sometime soon . Will respray again and put a couple of clears over it next time . Alternatively you could get them powdercoated 8-) . need any other info shoot me a pm
krazed

Postby Duck on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 pm

krazed wrote:
Duck wrote:Very nice looking Ute mate 8-) Good job on the side steps, how much did the material cost for them ?

Hi Duck . I was able to find a merchant who sold cts steel (cut to size) rather than the full lengths (6.5m). Being that im in the cabinetmaking/wood machinist game and he needs some kitchen stuff made i was able to get everything at trade price and have done for a few mates too. all up it was about 250-280$ including the checker plate which was the most expensive stuff out of it all . if your in seq i can give you his number and just drop my name and he will look after ya ;) . I just sprayed mine but its starting to fade off abit after a year now . I will be pulling them off and sandblasting them down sometime soon . Will respray again and put a couple of clears over it next time . Alternatively you could get them powdercoated 8-) . need any other info shoot me a pm

In SEQ I'm just around the corner from you :lol: Sounds cheap enough, But will have to wait untill my brother inlaw, finds time to do the welding. They look good for the money :D :D :D
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby bp1495 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey mate great looking rig, just wondering what wheel nuts you were using with the NM pajero alloys?
bp1495
Platinum Subscriber

Postby krazed on Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:33 pm

bp1495 wrote:Hey mate great looking rig, just wondering what wheel nuts you were using with the NM pajero alloys?

Hey mate i was using the standard mn triton wheel nuts for the pajero alloys (exactly the same from what i could see??) when i had them on. Father inlaw lent me the rims and wheel nuts, but the nuts i just kept as spares in the glove box . ;)
krazed

Postby viking shippy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 pm

krazed wrote:
bp1495 wrote:Hey mate great looking rig, just wondering what wheel nuts you were using with the NM pajero alloys?

Hey mate i was using the standard mn triton wheel nuts for the pajero alloys (exactly the same from what i could see??) when i had them on. Father inlaw lent me the rims and wheel nuts, but the nuts i just kept as spares in the glove box . ;)

Carfull you don't pull the dash apart looking for the rattle....
viking shippy

Postby bp1495 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:20 pm

krazed wrote:

Cheers mate, as i said, great looking rig
bp1495
Platinum Subscriber

Postby krazed on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 pm

bp1495 wrote:
krazed wrote:

Cheers mate, as i said, great looking rig

thanks mate i'm pretty happy with it ;)
krazed

Postby krazed on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:27 pm

viking shippy wrote:
krazed wrote:

Carfull you don't pull the dash apart looking for the rattle....

funny you say that . i had a bad rattle/squeak coming from the back seat area ! pissed me off for weeks :evil: Wifey thought it was the zips on the awning rattling but i could still hear it the same with the windows up . I though it may have been the seat belt rattling against the door or what not but it wasn't . Turned out to be one of the bars for taking the spare wheel had fallen out of its clips and was rattling around behind the seat ! at least i know whats causing it now as its been intermittent over the last year :lol:
krazed

Postby viking shippy on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Or the pass seat belt being twisted and vibrating against the b pillar.
Or a pen lid in the vent that would rattle at 100k
viking shippy

Postby krazed on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:27 pm

viking shippy wrote:Or the pass seat belt being twisted and vibrating against the b pillar.
Or a pen lid in the vent that would rattle at 100k

passenger seat belt happens a fair bit too . I generally just have all belts clipped in to avoid the dramas ;)
krazed

Postby mntriton2010 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Very tidy build indeed. similar to what i have in mind for mine eventually. cash flow permitting hahahaha
Cheers,
Adrian - MN GLXr - pretty much stock with mods to come.
mntriton2010

Postby krazed on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:13 pm

just bumping to make it easier to find tomorrow . A couple of photo updates coming including lightbar , front locker and custom rocker switch panel .
krazed

Postby fridgie on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm

8-) look forward to the pics
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby krazed on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 am

Been awhile since my last update . Well been awhile since i have done anything to the car anyway as have been paying more attention to setting up the camper trailer ;) . Plan was to get a front locker in with the tax return but before hand a few things needed doing .

1st thing was i wanted to get the 22inch lightbar on to the bullbar but quickly found out it was illegal to whack it on the top where i had originally planned . So i had to start looking for somewhere or someway to get the winchbox off the bullbar . I was thinking of running it straight to some rocker switches instead of having the box but it was going to end up a bit $$$ more than what its worth . ( i still may try something there in the coming months as i was thinking of running the control wire in to the cab and chopping the controller of and wiring that up to some switches but i need to investigate it a little more) . I ended up finding that it fits perfect in behind the middle of the front grille right behind the diamond . I just have it ziptied for the moment but will fab up a mounting bracket at some stage . For the time being its nice and secure anyway .

With that headache out of the way i mounted the lightbar up and got on to the wiring . Never used a relay before so took a bit of reading to get the jist of it all but ended up pretty easy in the end . While i was running wires for the lightbar i got my compressor from arb so i could have it pre installed ready for the locker install . Finding a spot to mount that was fun but after seeing what chill had going on when he came out to fix a machine at work i decided i'd steal his spot . Ended up taking the fuel filter out and bolting it to the bracket that holds the fuel filter . I had to move my dual battery isolator and mega fuse to make the room but it all fits nicely now .

Got all the wiring run in to the cab so it was time to chop in the 3 rocker switch panel i got from ebay . That was easy enough and then it was just to connect up the switches . Anyway heres a few pics .

Lightbar mounted . Looks alot tidier than a dirty old winchbox 8-)
Click to view larger picture

where i mounted the compressor

rocker panel and switches (day)

Rockers at night

krazed

Postby Bogor on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Looking good mate.
Exactly what I want to do to mine one day :)
Bogor

Postby krazed on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Bogor wrote:Looking good mate.
Exactly what I want to do to mine one day :)

Cheers davo ! :) Lets tee up a weekend to get these brush bars done ;)
krazed

Postby Wusty on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:42 am

Love the zombie light switch. I bought one and a lightbar (3 weeks ago) one day haah. How is the lightbar? Throws a fair bit of light?
Cheers
Wusty

Postby Bretty1307 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Excellent fab work mate. Looks really proffesional!
Bretty1307

Postby krazed on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Wusty wrote:Love the zombie light switch. I bought one and a lightbar (3 weeks ago) one day haah. How is the lightbar? Throws a fair bit of light?
Cheers

Yeh as soon as i saw the switch i wanted it :lol: Lightbar goes awesome ! :) . Got to test it out at landcruiser park a few weeks back and it lights up half the campground . I would say though they are not really much chop for distance but it puts out a massive spread and more than enough light for my liking . 8-)
krazed

Postby Wusty on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:16 am

krazed wrote:
Wusty wrote:Love the zombie light switch. I bought one and a lightbar (3 weeks ago) one day haah. How is the lightbar? Throws a fair bit of light?
Cheers

Yeh as soon as i saw the switch i wanted it :lol: Lightbar goes awesome ! :) . Got to test it out at landcruiser park a few weeks back and it lights up half the campground . I would say though they are not really much chop for distance but it puts out a massive spread and more than enough light for my liking . 8-)

That's good. What I wante to hear. Mainly wanted spread for the roos. Distance is pretty good for standard high beams I thought.
Wusty

Postby krazed on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm

As some may be aware i was rear ended a month and a half ago (4 cars all up). anyways thought id share the outcome.

So .. Got the rig back yesterday . Shes all fixed up and is going great :D .

So from the start i had some massive run arounds to do at the start but it all worked out well in the end .

1st) i obviously got a novice at racq on the phone when i lodged my claim as they buggered it right up . the smash repairer had no idea what was going on as they didn't receive the info needed . When i rocked up there for my evaluation they didn't really want a bar of it as there was no paperwork but nevertheless they done it for me in the end .
2) they were trying to get me to pay an excess even though i wasn't at fault . After a few phone calls and a couple of weeks i finally got on to someone who linked all our claims (still hadn't been linked 2 weeks after the crash :roll: ) and waived the excess for me .

The repairer sent me a copy of the quote which i am so glad that happened otherwise i wouldn't have done the running around to get what i want i would have just taken the repair . Once i noticed there was 3.6k worth of damage to the tub and rear bar it got me thinking . I was thinking [censored] i have wanted an ally tray for awhile surely racq would rather give me an ally tray and towbar as it would save them money and its what i had planned on changing to in the near future anyway .

After a phone call and a few hours of waiting Boom! it was approved by racq . Back an forward with the repairer at this point as i don't think he was 2 happy because he had massively over inflated his prices to make some quick cash especially on the rear bar (1800$ :shock: ). He made me do all the running around then sending me off to shops for quotes etc but it worked perfectly . The 4x4 store also said the bullbar had been compromised and needed to be replaced with a bar of my choice :twisted: .

So it took a month of running around by me in the end and 2.5 weeks in the repairer and this is how she sits now 8-) still need to put the slider back on but Stoked nevertheless !! My advice to anyone who finds themself in the same situation is take your time , explore your options and make it work out best for you ;) .

Only problem is now it opens up a whole heap of other mods ..... Canvas canopy ... toolboxes .. air and water tanks .. you see where this is going ;) .. Anyways just glad to have her back in one piece and bring on the easter holidays :D
krazed

Postby 4wd26 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Looks good, but is that a GLX towbar, looks to hang low, or is the tray high?
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby AUS4X4 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Sweet rig. I like the set up you've got. And glad to see things worked out well with the insurance claim.
2014 MN GLXR Dual cab
AUS4X4

Postby krazed on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:26 am

Dunno 26 ??? Tray is high id say . I think its a bad angle in the photo ?? . If i take the tongue out lowest part is 610mm to bottom of bar . Take in to account the tray is only 1600l too . I also think its sits about 400mm back from where the tjm one did so im winning . It definitely doesn't look low in person and ill try for a few more pics in the coming days
krazed

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups