Gauci204s Triton and Tray build up - Finally

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Gauci204s Triton and Tray build up - Finally

Postby gibberplain1 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:23 pm

gee that towbar looks like it hangs down very low. I hope it doesn't get hung up too much on the creek crossings on the OTL.

cheers Andy
gibberplain1

Postby gauci204 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:22 pm

gibberplain1 wrote:gee that towbar looks like it hangs down very low. I hope it doesn't get hung up too much on the creek crossings on the OTL.

cheers Andy

its the factory bar. i had planned to get it lifted up by 50-70mm but have run out of time. either way i still want the tow bar to be lower than my boxes for a bit of protection. the bar sits about 530mm off the ground so hopefully it will be high enough not to get hung up too much, but i have a feeling my camper will be the issue rather than the car itself.

cheers

chris
gauci204

Postby gauci204 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Click to view larger picture

couldnt get a clear photo of the sides with the iphone at night.

numberplate mount, which is actually a swinging gate which i will put a small trundle tray behind when i get back from the trip.

compressor, brain box for my aux electrics, rear dual batteries and ctek charger (4 batts in total, these will be removed when not touring) all finally bolted in and wired up.

got three of these Armourboy boxes to put all of our clothes/food and pretty much everything else in as they take up the rest of the tray in the back and are held in by ratchet straps nice and tight. the boxes are water/dust tight, with 6 compression locks and wheels at one end. they look nice and sturdy, will definitely find out by the end of the trip i guess.

carling switches running all the gear in the back. had to make a plate for them as the one i ordered hasnt turned up yet.

a heap of wiring for these switches but i like the factory look of them.

with park light illumination

illumination when they are switched on. the one that is not on is not wired in yet, i just put it in there to take up the space until i wire it in.

only thing left to do with the car is set up the dvd headrests with the remotes and headphones for the kids, pack it full of food, tools, clothes, kids and mrs, then wait for my brother to turn up tuesday night and head off cape york bound :D
gauci204

Postby dan_4818 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Where abouts did u get them armourboy boxes and how much did they sting you for them if you dont mind me asking. Wouldnt mind getting myself some of them, they look tops.
dan_4818
Platinum Subscriber

Postby gauci204 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm

dan_4818 wrote:Where abouts did u get them armourboy boxes and how much did they sting you for them if you dont mind me asking. Wouldnt mind getting myself some of them, they look tops.

Ebay. they are in melbourne and are very good to deal with. you can also find them at

http://www.armourboy.com/

the boxes i got were $180 each plus $40 post which was the killer but still cheaper than the ones bunnings had, and much much better quality and warranty.

cheers

chris
gauci204

Postby Trento123 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Hey mate nice tray I was wondering if it would be ok to get the drawings off of you.
Trento123

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups