Lunnys Build.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Lunnys Build.

Postby Lunny on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

G'day Fellas,

i'd like to welcome Tik Tak to the forum

Thought i better off do this before i don't do it at all. i purchased my brand spanking new 2013 glx the other week, and picked it up on Friday just gone.

after much stuffing around at the dealer and still having to wait for my bull bar and canopy, i am very happy with the car though, very nice to drive and love the price i paid.

From the dealers i have started off with a TJM winch compatible bull bar, caddy canopy, tub liner and a tow bar.
Click to view larger picture

So i picked up some rhino roof racks Sunday for $125, which i thought was a steal. guy had used them once over four years.

plans include:
UHF(this Saturday)
Ctek, Tjm Battery tray and wires to tray and back seat (this Saturday)
run wires for spottys and light bars (this Saturday)
Reverse Camera
Rust Proofing(electric)
Bash Plates

Later on:
2 inch ultimate lift
Possible auxiliary tank
Snorkel

Also, going to have a separate set of wheels for offroad use. so if you have something let me know.

And im sure more and more will happen the longer im on this site.

I cant go crazy as this is a reps car for the company i work for :( but they pay for it in the long run :D

i will keep this page updated in the coming months with what else happens to the new girl

Lunny
Lunny
Lunny

Re: Lunnys Build.

Postby Duck on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:59 pm

Welcome to the site where are the pictures :D How did you convince work that you need a spare set of wheels :lol: Sounds like you have a very busy Saturday coming up, enjoy the build 8-)
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Lunny on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 pm

i dont know if i can wing that receipt, but the rest i can ............................................ almost

car allowances are a great invention lol
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Evo_Triton on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Welcome and nice work.

Might as well get as much as u can mate.
Mitsubishi Service Skills National Finals 2011/2012 Equal 2nd Technician.
Evo_Triton

Postby Lunny on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:29 pm

As Saturday turned out to be a average day and didn't have much time to do what I wanted and also not having a bull bar yet.

I managed to set up my dual battery system though, after a lot of skin off knuckles and dropping the tjm tray on my foot we got it fitted, still need to run my fridge wiring to back seat and to the tray.

So the system consists of a Ctek d250s battery management system, Tjm battery tray and a amptech 80 amp hour deep cycle, only one I could find to fit. its a bloody tight spot. But plan to put a 120 amp hour in tray at a later date.

First Photo is how the tray fits into the engine bay, I noticed that I did not have to move any part either

This is where I have mounted the ctek charger, I used some flat ally to mount it to the battery tray, I then used foam to protect the battery from the screws that are protruding a little bit, may be overkill but better safe then sorry.

the end product, I was quite happy with the setup and how it looks, nice and tidy.

While I was at it I have also put 2 lengths of 7 core trailer wire through the fire wall to make it easier later on.
Lunny
Lunny

Postby viking shippy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Lunny wrote:As Saturday turned out to be a average day and didn't have much time to do what I wanted and also not having a bull bar yet.

I managed to set up my dual battery system though, after a lot of skin off knuckles and dropping the tjm tray on my foot we got it fitted, still need to run my fridge wiring to back seat and to the tray.

So the system consists of a Ctek d250s battery management system, Tjm battery tray and a amptech 80 amp hour deep cycle, only one I could find to fit. its a bloody tight spot. But plan to put a 120 amp hour in tray at a later date.

First Photo is how the tray fits into the engine bay, I noticed that I did not have to move any part either

This is where I have mounted the ctek charger, I used some flat ally to mount it to the battery tray, I then used foam to protect the battery from the screws that are protruding a little bit, may be overkill but better safe then sorry.

the end product, I was quite happy with the setup and how it looks, nice and tidy.

While I was at it I have also put 2 lengths of 7 core trailer wire through the fire wall to make it easier later on.

Sorry mate but carnt see shit the photos are the size of a postage stamp..lol
viking shippy

Postby Chris. on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 pm

I'd love to see larger photos mate, I'm keen on doing this myself.
Chris.

Postby Lunny on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:55 pm

iPad photos I think may have caused it, very easy to do but very tight
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Lunny on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:07 pm

G'day guys,

Bit of an update, I have since had the tjm deluxe bar fitted which I must say is a very nice fitted well shaped bar as well as a lot of under bar protection. I have also fitted a set of 3 mm prestige bash plates( already bent) ill put photos up later of that.

I have also put my gme UHF in as well which I mounted to side of console (nice and easy).

Mounted my first led light bar, in middle of manufacturing a mounting system for another one to mount above it

I have also got my set of offroad tyres for it too which are a mix of 2 new cooper st and ironman mt on a set of sunnys

My awning is set up to slide on and off when I need it which is nice and easy.

Small creek crossing
Bulbar and wheels
UHF placement

Cheers

lunny
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Dunga71 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Looking good mate,white is 8-)
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby Lunny on Wed May 01, 2013 5:21 am

White on white is very 8-) , can't wait to get my canopy more white :D
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Mudme on Wed May 01, 2013 5:30 am

hey mate what roof racks did you get and can you put up a pic of where it mounts on to the racks, i have a 2.m awning sitting in the garage that i need to get around to fitting and i like the idea of slide on/off
Mudme

Postby Lunny on Wed May 01, 2013 7:31 am

i will try and get some photos tonight, they are just a set of rhino rack aero style.

i used the bracket that comes with the awning but went to arb and brought some bolts with a flat head that slide down the guts of the rack, i only have to loosen four bolts and it slides out and off.

3 minute job.. i have no need to have it one there all the time, and using the car for business it looks a bit better without it.

Lunny
Lunny
Lunny

Postby 4WD Supplies on Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Looking good there mate. 8-)
4WD Supplies

Postby Chally on Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Lookin' good Lunny! It was good to meet you and have a yarn the other day in Caloundra.

Jeff
Chally

Postby Lunny on Thu May 02, 2013 6:23 pm

G'day jeff,

Yes, was good to meet someone from on here,

Mate, get the ctek just my opinion.

Lunny
Lunny
Lunny

Postby stackator on Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Nice build up mate. Which GME uhf did you get? Was it easy to get the coax cable and power thru the fire wall?
stackator

Postby Lunny on Thu May 02, 2013 9:21 pm

I used two lengths of 7 core trailer wire so I have upto 14 accessory wire now...' the small rectangle grommet on the drivers side was taken out altogether, I have those two wires the aerial and a twin 6 mm core wire running to behind back seat running through it. Sealed by selleys :D

The UHF is I can't remember number but its my old one from old ute, 40 channel flip style though.
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Lunny on Tue May 14, 2013 4:50 pm

hey guys,

not much to update at the moment.

though been working at bundaberg and took the shortcut to burrum heads. bit dirty, good old red dirt roads with a touch of rain.
[img][IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/Lunny1988/400580_10151597035934593_1583882509_n_zps1d546d06.jpg[/img][/img]
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Lunny on Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Lunny wrote:hey guys,

not much to update at the moment.

though been working at bundaberg and took the shortcut to burrum heads. bit dirty, good old red dirt roads with a touch of rain.
[img][IMG]http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b489/Lunny1988/400580_10151597035934593_1583882509_n_zps1d546d06.jpg[/img][/img]

I think my work laptop is shite, its not copying properly, will work it out and fix it once i am home.
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue May 14, 2013 6:10 pm

The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue May 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Way too many bracketed codes mate, once I stripped it back to one lot of img codes each end it worked.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Lunny on Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Way too many bracketed codes mate, once I stripped it back to one lot of img codes each end it worked.

Lucky i have you to keep an eye on me CD
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue May 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Truck is looking good mate, well used and all. Always likes the white on white. That pic shows the curves on the bar kind of matching the curve of the bonnet - might just be the angle?

Cowboy Dave

Postby Lunny on Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Nope, your bang on right, it curves down very much like the bonnet, (TJM deluxe bar) i will see if i can get any better photos of the curve for it.

And yes ive grown on white on white over the last 2-3 years, thats how long ago i really started to notice white bullbars. i cant wait for my canopy to come in, hopefully have that fitted next week

Note for all thinking of buying a bullbar, you dont need to cut heaps off the bumper for these bars, i looked at it the other day. i will try and modify a photo to show you where the cut seems to be
Lunny
Lunny

Next

Return to Member Build Ups