The Alpine Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: The Alpine Triton

Postby snakesoup on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:25 pm

Im in a similar position to you mate, have you looked into the reduction gears yet? Keen to know if there still available and cost...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Re: The Alpine Triton

Postby alpine triton on Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks for the replies gents :D
After driving the triton today again I feel that the performance of the engine is fine if you keep the inlet manifold clean (provent 200 coming soon) so I have pretty much ruled out a chip/engine upgrade.
I'm still not sure which end the diff lock would go yet, although I know the front locker will get me further than the rear one I figure that if it can't get up with rear locker, front TC suspension lift and bigger than standard muddy's then that's what the winch is for. Having never driven with a front locker I'm a bit unsure of how much the front diff/CV's will take before busting something (not doing anything crazy).

As for the reduction gears, Marks 4WD still advertise them for sale on their website (as well as the Pajero ones as well) and there is nothing on the page about being out of stock or anything. I will probably ring them soon and find out what they do/don't have.
If they were unavailable anymore the only other option would be do swap the diffs for 4.11's to get slightly lower gearing (I know 4.6's are the go but they are hard to find).

Not being able to lower the low range gearing even a little would be a deal breaker for me as far as keeping the triton would be concerned.
Adam.
alpine triton

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups