Mitchs' build up- roll cage and suspension added

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Mitchs' build up- roll cage and suspension added

Postby DocBassett on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 pm

So now that I can upload photos, I thought I might try and start a build thread. I purchased my car second hand a year or two ago. For some reason i decided while I was at work, that I want a 4x4. nek minnut, i had a triton. It is a GLS so came with all the little features that you take off and replace with aftermarket gear anyway- saved some money there :roll: . I have found the car nothing but amazing. I have had some set backs, i.e the manifolds etc etc, but not enought to justify spending an extra $30k to get the exact same in a different make car. This car has taken up every single spare cent and second that I have. It is the missus' worst nightmare. I feel kind of guilty about it, but it's certainly an addiction. Even after telling her no more spending, 3 more things rocked up on the front doorstep from ebay the following week. I think i am still only half way through my plans of what I want to do to it. well, I don't really have any plans, but things certainly keep popping up.

This photo is of the car when I first bought it. There was not a single scratch. Not for long anyway.

The second photo is of the car midway through the build

The third photo is the car at the present time. Lots more photo's to come i'm sure.

So far my modification list includes:
Climax 2 inch smart lift with custom rear. bilstein shocks and king springs
ARB front locker
safari snorkel
uni filter
285/75/16 kelly safari's on 16x8 CSA jackals with a 25+ offset
MCC front rocker bar
avenger bash plates- 4mm zinc alum- front skid, engine and transfer powder coated blue
angel eye headlights with narva 120 upgrades
uniden UHF
mobile cradle
wind boost throttle controller
interior LEDs
and that's all I can currently remember.

****oops sorry, those photos are back to front order!!! no idea how to fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DocBassett on Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocBassett

Re: Mitchs' build up

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Looks sweet! At least u got the electric drivers chair in the GLS. Saved money there vs the seat spacers!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DocBassett on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah too true. Probably cost me 5 grand though just to have that feature! Haha.
DocBassett

Postby fridgie on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 am

Looking good mate

The picture loading is a special feature of tapatalk I have found :roll:

Seems to happen a bit with multiple pics in posts for some reason.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby DocBassett on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 am

This time I tried it from the computer!! Epic fail. I should have just sent you guys a few pics in the mail instead. :lol: just kidding........ havent figured out stamps just yet. :oops:
DocBassett

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:40 pm

The tapatalk image server was having some issues recently according to a twitter post I saw today which might explain some recent posting problems (but not your PC or stamp problems)
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Sootie on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm

DocBassett wrote:This time I tried it from the computer!! Epic fail. I should have just sent you guys a few pics in the mail instead. :lol: just kidding........ havent figured out stamps just yet. :oops:

easiest way from the computer is imgur.com

click the upload button then drag your photo onto the screen and hit upload then copy the url for BB code (you can also click the large thumbnail button then copy the code if you want it to fit without people needing to click on it)
Sootie

Postby DocBassett on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Im using the simple platinum uploader. Dave it doesn't explain my complete stupidity with computers haha
DocBassett

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Looks okay now. When I looked at lunch time from work there were some broken links or something. Or was that another thread? I dunno. :?

Cowboy Dave

Postby Juggz on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:42 am

It sure looks 8-) with the angel eyes
Juggz

Postby jab461 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 am

Any probs with the wheel tyre combo mate? Did ya notice any difference putting the steelys on over alloy?
jab461

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 am

jab461 wrote:Any probs with the wheel tyre combo mate? Did ya notice any difference putting the steelys on over alloy?

Pretty sure there was a whole thread about it? He had some dramas and went back to an alloy IIRC.

Cowboy Dave

Postby jab461 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:
jab461 wrote:Any probs with the wheel tyre combo mate? Did ya notice any difference putting the steelys on over alloy?

Pretty sure there was a whole thread about it? He had some dramas and went back to an alloy IIRC.

Yeah, I was wondering why he's gone back to steelys?
jab461

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't think he did, I think it is just an old shot - see this image from this week:

Click to view larger picture

Cowboy Dave

Postby DocBassett on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:04 pm

When I upgraded to larger tyres, I tried to save money by getting steel rims. The company I went through had trouble getting steel rims in the positive offsets that would clear the callipers. Long story short, they sold me alloys that they had in stock at the time that would fit. Hence I ended up with the jackals. This was the best case scenario as the steel rims made the car very underpowered (tyre size aside). Steels also made breaking terrible. Now on the alloys and it feels no different to the 31's on factory rims. I so far havent had any issues with the 33's. Cv joints etc are so far unremarkable. I'm very happy. Fuel economy got a little worse, however that doesn't phase me.
DocBassett

Postby DocBassett on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Pulling off my spotlights over the next week or so as I have a lightbar on the way. Purchased off facebook from a company called KC works. The light bar sounded good. Aluminium housing and stainless mounts, combination of spot and spread at 21,500 lumens from a 27.5inch bar. :shock: will post photos when it arrives.
DocBassett

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 am

Looking good man! I was laughing as I was reading the first post as I am the same. "Ok darling no more mods on the car". Then next thing she knows she is signing for triton goodies that have arrived in the post :o Haha. Where did you get the mcc bar from of you don't mind me asking?
chrisdoherty87

Postby DocBassett on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 am

From MCC! :lol: mcc4x4.com. I was contacted via facebook yesterday by a guy from 4wd action saying they wanted to do an article on my car. The first thing the misus said was "oh great, now I guess you will be buying the new flares, sliders and everything else to get it ready then" she knows all to well. :oops:
DocBassett

Postby DocBassett on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Today/the last few days I have ordered:
-reverse lights from Boycee
-new front left flare from mitsi (told them they got their last quote terribly wrong) their new quote was
$150 :shock: yay
-bought some flexi flares from OL to get my tyres in the guards
-bought a new recovery hitch
-ordered a swish bonnet protector

on the way already is:
-new light bar
-new grill which I will be repainting in pearl black or plasti dip
-reverse replacement globes
-peronalised plates

Now i need to: figure out how to remove the flares, paint them black so they match the flexi's.

Had a small photo shoot with a mate so the guys at 4wd action can decide if they want to do an article on my car. sent him the photos on saturday so will wait to hear back from him. fingers crossed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DocBassett

Postby DocBassett on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:18 pm

few more pics.
DocBassett

Postby Calblitzen on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm

A very smart looking truck mate. Very:cool:
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby DocBassett on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Cheers bud
DocBassett

Postby Juggz on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Loving the pictures, make your own little calendar :lol:
Juggz

Postby DocBassett on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Now theres an idea. Just need the missus to be cleaning it in a bikini for a few photos too! Haha
DocBassett

Postby wake jake on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm

DocBassett wrote:Now theres an idea. Just need the missus to be cleaning it in a bikini for a few photos too! Haha

Truck looks great Mitch jealous.

Great idea :lol: good combo mine thinks the cars too big and I like it more than her ;) Shes on contiki for 3 months so the tritons loving the extra ugrades :D
08 MY09 GLXR
Monster Rides
wake jake

Next

Return to Member Build Ups