Georgie's MN Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Georgie's MN Triton

Postby George Kyro on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 pm

mase101 wrote:What a great rig mate.... Thanks for your advise on the suspension question I had.
I think I'll give the monster ride set up a go too.
Love the fact that the ride height is totally adjustable

You're welcome mate, You wont be disapointed. I recommend you leave it at 2 inches for now though (as 2 inches is the maximum recommended height as no diff drop kit or upper control arms have been produced for them yet). Unless you want to be changing cv's on a regular basis like me . if you got any other questions in regards to it hit me up and I'll get back to you. You will find Matty's number in the monster rides thread. If you cant find it let me know and i'll send it to you!

Cheers
Georgie :D
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:58 pm

skilbys wrote:Was thinking you had to much time and money on your hands Gorgie!
Get as much done now as you can! I too have a ripper mrs, but 10 years on and with three tin lids in tow, you don't have any time, let alone money to waste with the rig! Im lucky my mrs works weekends, Just have to drag the kids along on trips now!
By the way how did that hot tub go???

So true Steve but i got too much on that list to do at the moment so no more spending on the rig for now. If i can sneak in the odd dual battery set up, fridge or RTT i'll be stoked!

Btw i drive past high st cemetery every day and i look for the rig out the front of the nursery but i have never seen it.
Is that the one ???

As for the hot tub, major let down. My mate that bought the spa for us told me not to bring a pump as he said the pool came with one. then when we got there i saw it was just a filtration pump that just cycled the water through and wasnt like a normal pump that would have pumped water into the spa for us.

I was pretty livid but i didnt get too worried about it as he was more apologetic at the fact that he got it all wrong and told me not to bring one.

Ah well we know for next time. though we did have a playstation set up with a projector projected up against my mates white van so we gave that a decent slogging during the night ! :D

ps you heading out on the 23rd ?
George Kyro

Postby dan.batto on Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 pm

motoz wrote:
George Kyro wrote:Its something i need to look into more when i finally decide to spend the funds on it but it wont be happening for a while as i am hoping to "pop the question" within the year :D 8-)

Hope the cheese and kisses doesn't read your posts... ;)

Having just gone done that path myself I suggest get the mods done first because once that ring goes on the purse strings seem to somehow magically be attached to it.

You now have to justify things that were once just accepted.

:lol:

X2 :lol: :lol:
dan.batto

Postby goochie on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Hey mate tough rig! Looks the goods, I have the exact same tires and a two inch lift and they scrub out on full lock with the tinniest suspension movement. Any scrub with the monster rides setup at 3"? Thinking about changing to them,

Cheers
07 ML Triton, 2" Lift, 33's, Snorkel, XROX, Spotties, 3" Exhaust, CHIPIT Chip. Waddup!
goochie

Postby skilbys on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Hay George, yes that's the place, but I'm not there too often, or try not to be, I'm out on the tools landscaping, but if you do need a coffee hit some time, pop in and say hi to the Missus!
Bummer about the spa I'm sure you'll have it spot on for the next trip!
I'm all freed up to head out on Saturday, however I just put the rig in to the dealer yesterday as it has been overheating when towing :cry: and from my research on the forum here, it seems it is not a quick fix/solution - head gasket, engine block :? :?
Fingers crossed!
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby George Kyro on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am

goochie wrote:Hey mate tough rig! Looks the goods, I have the exact same tires and a two inch lift and they scrub out on full lock with the tinniest suspension movement. Any scrub with the monster rides setup at 3"? Thinking about changing to them,

Cheers

Hey Gooch, thanks for the vehicle compliments ! Where abouts are they scrubbing ? When i first put the 33's and lift in i got a little bit of rub up against the inner side of the mud flaps, I took them off in a hurry anyway and havent bothered with them since. I can full lock left to right and i have complete clearance with no scrubbing.
Monster rides kit is awesome, been over the moon with it. I will recommend you dont lift it to 3 inches though unless you want to be changing cv's all the time but thats something I'm aware of and put up with. Other than that it allows you to lift it to whatever height you want to the millimetre. So if you dont want 3 inch you can go 2 1/4 2.5 or anything in between.

If you got any questions hit me a pm and i'll answer them for you ;)
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 am

skilbys wrote:Hay George, yes that's the place, but I'm not there too often, or try not to be, I'm out on the tools landscaping, but if you do need a coffee hit some time, pop in and say hi to the Missus!
Bummer about the spa I'm sure you'll have it spot on for the next trip!
I'm all freed up to head out on Saturday, however I just put the rig in to the dealer yesterday as it has been overheating when towing :cry: and from my research on the forum here, it seems it is not a quick fix/solution - head gasket, engine block :? :?
Fingers crossed!

Hay Steve!
I'll be sure to pop in some time when i get a chance!

Thats a bit of a spew in regards to the car. What year ? is it still under warranty ? My old MJ triton used to do that when towing the bikes and i think it may have just been something like a water pump seal or something like that so hopefully its sorted by the weekend.

Keep us updated and let us know how you go.
If you need a rig for the weekend mine will be left behind as i head to murimbulla and canberra with the mrs' jeep for the weekend. Keys will be under the front pot plant for ya :P :lol:
George Kyro

Postby skilbys on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:23 am

Cheers mate i will fill it up when I'm finished!
Mines a 2012 and I have only done 26k!
So hopefully it is something simple :?
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby goochie on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 am

George Kyro wrote:
goochie wrote:Hey mate tough rig! Looks the goods, I have the exact same tires and a two inch lift and they scrub out on full lock with the tinniest suspension movement. Any scrub with the monster rides setup at 3"? Thinking about changing to them,

Cheers

Hey Gooch, thanks for the vehicle compliments ! Where abouts are they scrubbing ? When i first put the 33's and lift in i got a little bit of rub up against the inner side of the mud flaps, I took them off in a hurry anyway and havent bothered with them since. I can full lock left to right and i have complete clearance with no scrubbing.
Monster rides kit is awesome, been over the moon with it. I will recommend you dont lift it to 3 inches though unless you want to be changing cv's all the time but thats something I'm aware of and put up with. Other than that it allows you to lift it to whatever height you want to the millimetre. So if you dont want 3 inch you can go 2 1/4 2.5 or anything in between.

If you got any questions hit me a pm and i'll answer them for you ;)

Good on ya mate! Will definatly look into it in the very near future

Cheers
07 ML Triton, 2" Lift, 33's, Snorkel, XROX, Spotties, 3" Exhaust, CHIPIT Chip. Waddup!
goochie

Postby George Kyro on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Run out at cobaws not too long ago !
just a little bit of flex!

Heading back out there again this weekend with a few of the TJM boys so getting pumped just thinking about it!

Click to view larger picture
George Kyro

Postby stefanos on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Ωραιος ο Γιωργος!!! :D :D :D
stefanos

Postby Robby on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 am

Awesome build
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby wannago on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:31 am

Hey George nice rig mate, I like how most of your mods were done when you took delivery. I have gone down that same path but I still have to do the suspension and chip. But want to get a set of draws fitted before I do the suspension so it tuned right as I have decided to go with Ultimate.

Just one thing though before you lay out a heap of cash for an Engagement ring, watch this first :lol:

Actually that goes for anyone about to take the plunge and by an Engagement ring ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU
wannago

Postby DocBassett on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:27 am

wannago wrote:Hey George

Just one thing though before you lay out a heap of cash for an Engagement ring, watch this first :lol:

Actually that goes for anyone about to take the plunge and by an Engagement ring ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

Amen to that. What an interesting concept. 2 months salary... who's going to pay the bills while we save for that [censored]. I already took the plunge. Diamond ring and all. They really do have us by the balls
DocBassett

Postby black sabbath on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi mate
Seen a photo of your car and modification list on facebook not too long ago and loved it from the second i seen it. Good to see I've found you on here as i have many questions for ya haha
Read your entire build thread but can't see any mention of your lockers diff drop and uca kit and crawler gears.

What diff drop kit you got and what did it take to get it weld certified and engineered?
Also where can i get the crawler gears froms?

Love your vids mate that thing goes anywhere!
Cheers Sab!
black sabbath

Postby har05l on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 pm

black sabbath wrote:Hi mate
Seen a photo of your car and modification list on facebook not too long ago and loved it from the second i seen it. Good to see I've found you on here as i have many questions for ya haha
Read your entire build thread but can't see any mention of your lockers diff drop and uca kit and crawler gears.

What diff drop kit you got and what did it take to get it weld certified and engineered?
Also where can i get the crawler gears froms?

Love your vids mate that thing goes anywhere!
Cheers Sab!

You won't find him here as he along with his gay posy were all banned some time ago :roll:

I'd suggest you go find him on fb again
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:45 am

Time that this chapter was closed. All history now.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups