Georgie's MN Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Georgie's MN Triton

Postby George Kyro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Amaroo wrote:Hey George, awesome rig, it looks tough!

Just a question on your Rekon front shocks. I can see the blue low speed compression adjuster in the pics you put up earlier. Is there a single adjuster on them or is there a rebound or high speed compression located in another position?

I always drooled over the DMS gear on other people's track cars and dreamt of getting it for mine one day but I have recently sold the car so getting a set for the Triton would be nice.

Cheers

Shane.

Hi Shane , and thans for the compliments!

You have every right to drool over the dms gear cos truth be told i drool over them still myself! :D

Personally IMO i think the suspension is pretty well crafted and having this little extra ,offers something that the conventional kits don't.
To be honest with you at first i thought the hole dampener adjustment was gunna be a wank but i got them anyway...

Look to be honest, I'm not one to say i know everything there is too know about these cars but 1: for me driving is something I've been doing with love and passion for a very long time, though i may not know how the suspension set up completely works i do know this... When the dial is turned all the way up (clock wise) the vehicle handles and allows me to drive it like an actual car on the road with the ability to take corners etc with a lot more aggression without the thing wanting to body roll etc.

Once you take it off road i wind it all the way down to soft (while deflating tyres, it take literally 1 minute) i find that the car just soaks up the bumps heaps better, becomes plusher, and feels as though the suspension is moving in a completely different manner to the body. Hard to explain but you notice the difference once youve had the privellage of driving it around on the road stiff then bush completely soft.
If you were touring etc on corrugated roads or even gravel type roads you dont even have to go that soft, just take it as far down as possible and then give it about 7-8 clicks upwards towards stiff to give you a mixture of both .

I may be wrong when i say this but to me its as though the front end works like the rear shock does on a dirt bike. But i dont know if thats rebound or compression so you'd have to ask matty from monster rides which one it does but i'd probably say dampener adjustment.

All i know is i've got it in and i couldnt be happier man on or off the tarmac.

Where you from ?

If your from Melbourne you're more than welcome to come check it whenever you want and see how it goes.
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Postby Amaroo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 am

Thanks for the info George, it sounds like they are a great bit of gear.

I appreciate the offer to check them out in person but I'm in Canberra so I'll just have to take your word for it :)

Cheers

Shane.
Amaroo

Postby Duck on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:39 am

Nice looking bit of kit you have there, good build thread everything at once, you plumbers make to much money :lol: :lol: Good to see it is having its mandatory salt bath :) :)
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby George Kyro on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Duck wrote:Nice looking bit of kit you have there, good build thread everything at once, you plumbers make to much money :lol: :lol: Good to see it is having its mandatory salt bath :) :)

Cheers Duck!

I dont forget the most important part is that i Work to LIVE ! :D

Yeah that was the old girl, this one hasnt seen any salt yet ....
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:37 pm

And on the SEVENTH DAY GOD CREATED FLEXXX :D :lol: :D

Here are some photo's of her from todays extensive detail wash etc, I just want her to sit in my driveway like that all the time !!!

Enjoy !

Click to view larger picture

Last edited by George Kyro on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Kyro

Postby tony222@bigpond.com on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Great looking rig there George , I'm getting the airtec snorkel fitted next week .. Love the photo of your water crossing mate , did you get any water in side the car at all , I'm sure your done plenty of crossing also

I think the airtec looks so much tider then the sarfai less plastic over the gaurd

Cheers Tony
tony222@bigpond.com

Postby lachiem on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Lol correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the trip you drowned it? :D
Something profound
Something funny
lachiem

Postby lachiem on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Lol correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the trip you drowned it? :D
Something profound
Something funny
lachiem

Postby George Kyro on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:13 pm

tony222@bigpond.com wrote:Great looking rig there George , I'm getting the airtec snorkel fitted next week .. Love the photo of your water crossing mate , did you get any water in side the car at all , I'm sure your done plenty of crossing also

I think the airtec looks so much tider then the sarfai less plastic over the gaurd

Cheers Tony

Hey tony thanks man, yeah the airtec tjm snorkel is pretty cool and the reason why I bought iy was because of the way it goes straight into the guard like you said.
Yeah going through water just over your nipple when you're 6.1 will get a little bit of water in it but nothing worth worrying about but yeah done many crossings.
Last edited by George Kyro on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 pm

lachiem wrote:Lol correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the trip you drowned it? :D

Thats the one lachie, the one where im going through awinya creek in fraser is the old triton.
Thenfunny thing is she got through awinya creek 3 times no dramas but drowned
From a crossing that was just a little higher than the bottom door seal.

If ts deep enough to drown your computer it will do you permanent damage. Just the way
I found out :lol:
George Kyro

Postby brodical on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Done much research on the front lockers George?? Leaning toward a particular one?
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby George Kyro on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 pm

brodical wrote:Done much research on the front lockers George?? Leaning toward a particular one?

Hmm decisions decisions brodie!

To be honest with you mate not really, I do know i want it dual locked and i will be doing both at once, as for which lockers i'd say arb but then again everyones been raving on about these E-lokka's ,

I watched a 4wdaction dvd ages ago that compared like 7 different lockers and the arb ones came out on top as far as punishment goes, when they had them hooked up to some machine that tests the amount of strain they can take they took the cake but then again in saying that i also am aware that we have really bad cv life with these things once you start modifying then or taking tracks that are a lot more serious so im thinking that they would brake before the locker decides to give way.

Whats your opinion for front and rear ?
George Kyro

Postby brodical on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Mm to be Honest I haven't looked into it alot ...I have the factory locker In Mine in the rear and am totally convinced its a massive improvement over unlocked ...so in time I will get the front locked as well ...to go with it but no idea wich one at this stage ....can't say I've really heard anything bad about any of them but ill slowly gather info.....maybe wait and find one at a good price second hand or something .....
brodical

Postby George Kyro on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm

yeah since i went the glx no rear locker in mine so i will eventually go both, as a few of the boys are saying on here i best be going the front first and see how that goes.
Its something i need to look into more when i finally decide to spend the funds on it but it wont be happening for a while as i am hoping to "pop the question" within the year :D 8-)

All funds going towards everything other than car at the moment but thats why i spent what i did at the start as i wanted a pretty capable 4wd straight off the bat. Its not something i require urgently either with my set up as i do have decent clearance, 33's and a winch for whenever i end up in those tricky situations. Last trip out i seemed to of gotten through the same places all the other boys went through that had the factory rear locker so so far I'm pretty happy with her at the moment.

but if i can get it done some time soon i'd be quite happy :D

when you decide to get one let me know what your thinking as i'm not certain as to which one either
George Kyro

Postby motoz on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 pm

George Kyro wrote:Its something i need to look into more when i finally decide to spend the funds on it but it wont be happening for a while as i am hoping to "pop the question" within the year :D 8-)

Hope the cheese and kisses doesn't read your posts... ;)

Having just gone done that path myself I suggest get the mods done first because once that ring goes on the purse strings seem to somehow magically be attached to it.

You now have to justify things that were once just accepted.

:lol:
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby George Kyro on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 pm

motoz wrote:
George Kyro wrote:Its something i need to look into more when i finally decide to spend the funds on it but it wont be happening for a while as i am hoping to "pop the question" within the year :D 8-)

Hope the cheese and kisses doesn't read your posts... ;)

Having just gone done that path myself I suggest get the mods done first because once that ring goes on the purse strings seem to somehow magically be attached to it.

You now have to justify things that were once just accepted.

:lol:

Cheers Motoz !
The mrs doesnt get on here at all. she knows i'm on ntn but has no interest snooping around my 4x4 forum to check out all the 4x4 talk. Stick her in front of the E channel on foxtel and she wouldnt know when ive walked out the door as she's right into all that Kardashian crap ! :twisted:

Though she has that side to her i must say she's more hardened than any other person in her family, loves going camping and the last trip we went on, all of us boys went for a ride and by the time we come back she had our tent,kitchen set up with food on the barbie , coffee's boiled and served to the rest of the girls and she even got the fire going :P

She missed our last trip out with the forum but if she's free i may bring her out on this next one!

Ps congrats on popping the question, any tips in keeping them happy ?
Less on cars more on handbags ??? :lol:
George Kyro

Postby brodical on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Lol ...bye what you need for the rig and tell her after its too late ...haha that's what I do...if she s still angry then bye her something and all will be forgotten ..married 2 yrs...couldn't be happier .....best of luck George...hey when my mate proposed to his mrs he took her fishing for the after noon then when she wasn't looking he tied the ring on the end of her line flicked it back out....ha when she reeled it in would av been priceless moment...
Cheers
brodical

Postby motoz on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:25 pm

I do jest as I have also got a good one. I've learnt the secret to enjoyable camping is to make sure there able to be clean, fed and warm at all times.

Suffice to say a hot water on demand unit, a lot of gourmet food and some soft comfy bedding in the RTT does a easy going trip away make. It enables one to disappear for hours at a time on the dirt scooter while she sips on a couple of bottles of white in the fridge.

Ahhhh happy times...

:D
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby George Kyro on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Looks like the two of you have it planned quite right ! :lol:

Brodie one of our best mates just did that to his mrs so thats gone!
I have to come up with some thing different now but dont know what.

I too have got all the right gear to keep her entertained when we go away but i am i mean" WE" are in need of a RTT!

She's even got the camp chair with the leg rest on them!!!
George Kyro

Postby DocBassett on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:41 pm

She wont have time to read this forum as she's too busy eating passionfruit!
DocBassett

Postby George Kyro on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:03 pm

DocBassett wrote:She wont have time to read this forum as she's too busy eating passionfruit!

Hhahahahahahahah
Mitch you know her too well!!!
George Kyro

Postby DocBassett on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:36 am

So how many did she have last night? :lol: that would cost $70ish to do here in kal. 1 passionfruit is $4.49.
DocBassett

Postby mase101 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:51 pm

What a great rig mate.... Thanks for your advise on the suspension question I had.
I think I'll give the monster ride set up a go too.
Love the fact that the ride height is totally adjustable
mase101

Postby skilbys on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Was thinking you had to much time and money on your hands Gorgie!
Get as much done now as you can! I too have a ripper mrs, but 10 years on and with three tin lids in tow, you don't have any time, let alone money to waste with the rig! Im lucky my mrs works weekends, Just have to drag the kids along on trips now!
By the way how did that hot tub go???
skilbys
Platinum Subscriber

Postby George Kyro on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:39 pm

DocBassett wrote:So how many did she have last night? :lol: that would cost $70ish to do here in kal. 1 passionfruit is $4.49.

I think she had 16 passion fruit and 2 mangoes :lol:

Every time she cuts up the mangoes and drowns them in a thick layer of passionfruit i want to vom!
Youve seen the photos for your self man it looks horrible!!!
George Kyro

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups