Georgie's MN Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Georgie's MN Triton

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi guys, Its been a while but i decided to get around to finally uploading my photo's of my Triton's build from dead stock to the way the keys were handed to me when i drove away from the dealer and also any other after market accessories i have decided to put on in the mean time when i get the itch or find a spare dollar or two to throw on the rig.

I hope you all enjoy the photo's and if you have any questions in regards to my build please don't hesitate to hit me up with a message and i will do my best to answer back to you shortly.
Enjoy!

So, after drowning my first MN Triton at Fraser Island back in January (she was only 28 days old) I thought I'd build another but with a few extra goodies on her.
This is the day it first got to TJM in coburg prior to dealer delivery !
Dead Stock !!!

Click to view larger picture

First we went with a snorkel, I am a big fan of the TJM snorkel as i like the way it tucks into the guard and doesn't run along the quarter panel as you can see on the picture below.

Snorkel fitted and TJM sidesteps bolted on

Next is the rear TJM out back bar, ( Sticks out a little but i love the benefit of having a rear step as i use this every day as my work car )

Cutting of the front standard bar to put on the TJM bull bar, Ouch !!!

TJM bull bar and TJM 9000lb winch with plasma rope goes on for that old trusty recovery !!!

Saxx 3 stage dynamic leaf springs go on ( great thing about these is you can adjust the height and load carrying capabilities without having to head to a suss joint and throw an extra leaf in there if you load the tray up a fair bit). Also the MONSTER RIDES Rekon extra long travel rear shocks are in too !

MONSTER RIDES fully adjustable 2-4 inch coil overs (dms upgrade) with Dobson heavy duty springs !!! These things are a fantastic investment. The fact that you can personally dial in the height of your vehicle and get a true lift without having to worry about your front end sagging or drooping over time because you have added a bar winch or extra weight etc is awesome.

Hard and Soft Dampener adjustment on the top of the struts which are easily accessible for when you want to adjust them for road, gravel or 4dwing conditions. These things are amazing !!!

Rear factory sports bar powder coated fitted along with tub liner, powder coated checker plate on side steps and rear bar too.

Off to wide treat tyres and had the BF Goodrich 33 inch muddies (KM2"s) fitted on a 16x8 black sunraiser rim with a zero offset ! . Now she's starting to look pretty trick !!!

Photo at the tyre shop shows the TJM guards that cover some of the gear box

Monster TRUCK ! getting a wheel balance !!!

Once the two LED light bars and UHF 3240, RFI 5 db aerial went in with remote speaker it was off to Pro-Axle in Campbellfield for a proper alignment, these guys have to be one of the best in the business.

BRAND SPANKER!!!, The day i picked her up from the dealer and took delivery! (please note i had 2 blokes stop that were driving past in Hilux's to take a photo of her) :D :lol:

Decal work went on for the business. If any of you are after a really good graphic designer or somebody who can organise your logo , website, business card designs and anything to help set up your business visit Brad from Tradiepacks.com.au and tell him I sent you ! :D

Custom made roof rack from Tradesman Roofracks here in Victoria, I opted for a steel rack and steel bars all powder coated black of course and a steel channel on the front roof to support pipe for work and even re located the LED light bar there now. Also added the TJM Hi-Lift Jack , Tradesman bracket, Shovel Holder. Really sets it off and gives her a nice Tough tourer look.

Thats the way she looks now. Wish list getting smaller but still a far way off finished.
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Re: Georgie's MN Triton

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 pm

George Kyro

Postby tony222@bigpond.com on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Great looking rig George :D ready for some 4x4 action mate
tony222@bigpond.com

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks Tony, Shortly after i finished her I wandered off to NSW for some work and ended up at a familiar stomping ground for you boys up your way recognise this place ??? :D

George Kyro

Postby Sootie on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Very tuff truck mate love it!

I was just wondering how is that bar on the back held on? the one at the very back of the tray? is it just attached to the side of the tub like the sports bar or does it go all the way to the bottom of the tub?
Sootie

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Sootie wrote:Very tuff truck mate love it!

I was just wondering how is that bar on the back held on? the one at the very back of the tray? is it just attached to the side of the tub like the sports bar or does it go all the way to the bottom of the tub?
Hi Sootie

The rear roll bar that supports the roof rack is semi recessed over the sides of the tub/tray. If you take a bit of a squiz at the photo of the car at the car wash and zoom in a little you may be able to see it.

This way the weight is taken by the tops and not the side. They are bolted into the sides though likethe sports bar with this tool that rivets the threaded part into the side wall of the tray just like the sports bar.

They also added anti crush plates into the factory sports bar (like washers-heaps of them) so when you attached the rack to it and tightened it up it didnt crush the aluminium.
George Kyro

Postby baito on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Looks great mate, I love that suspension set up, did you get that through monster rides on here? Do they do the springs as well? Did you get any shudder from the lift?

Cheers
baito

Postby wake jake on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Good to see you back on here mate. Hadn't heard from you in a while ;) The new rig looks pretty nice shits all over mine. Anymore mods for it?
08 MY09 GLXR
Monster Rides
wake jake

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Gday baito
Yes the suspension is through monster rides amd the coils came with the package as well.
I've got it lifted as 3 inches up front and a little higher on the back and get absolutely no shudder.
The car handles like a sports car on rosd and once you adjust the dampeners on the top of the struts to a softer setting performs like a 4wd when you want it to out in the bush.
Literally takes you under a minute to set it up each time and adjust it.
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey jake, yeah been a while man.
Spewing I'm gunna miss ya on sundy bro, would've been good to get out with ya too man but we'll do it next time!
Thanks about the car bruv yeah still got heaps to do. It never stops.
Gotta do roof top dual baterries awning and lockers !

They're a money pit!!!
George Kyro

Postby brodical on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Looks shmiko mate really nice looking beast...love the look of those struts and the adjustability ...the bush at the base of the strut looks to be really tough as this is usually one of the weaker points..how much did they set you back ?? And how are the cv angles with 3 inch of lift??
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Brodie you can buy the rekon units through monster rides for 1500 bux front amd back amd that way you can adjust the heights to even a true 2 inches if tou dont want to go higher and thats even after you've loaded her up with bar work etc. Thats the beauty of it.

As for mine they are the dms upgraded fronts and I think they go for around 2gs for the fronts but in all honesty the way they have been assembled is a pice of art.
I actually got them through matty at monster rides and checked out dms on there website to see exactly what there about and they make suspemsion for the ute touring v8s as well as numerous rally cars and 4wds etc.

A lot of people here rave on about ultimate suspension too. I hear nothing but great news about vrendan and the boys but I personally chose monster rides amd can not say anything bad about there products.

Would definitely go them again ;)
George Kyro

Postby stackator on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:46 am

Your Triton looks tougher than Vladimir Putin!
stackator

Postby jab461 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:48 pm

George Kyro wrote:
Sootie wrote:Very tuff truck mate love it!

Hi Sootie

The rear roll bar that supports the roof rack is semi recessed over the sides of the tub/tray. If you take a bit of a squiz at the photo of the car at the car wash and zoom in a little you may be able to see it.

This way the weight is taken by the tops and not the side. They are bolted into the sides though likethe sports bar with this tool that rivets the threaded part into the side wall of the tray just like the sports bar.

They also added anti crush plates into the factory sports bar (like washers-heaps of them) so when you attached the rack to it and tightened it up it didnt crush the aluminium.

Mate who did this rear bar work for you? Or where did you get em from?....Rig looks great by the way!
jab461

Postby George Kyro on Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Got the rear roll bar and rack made by tradesman roof racks in Melbourne
George Kyro

Postby Crash486 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Great rig! Love the work, very practical, you should be well pleased.
Crash486

Postby George Kyro on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks guys :D
George Kyro

Postby iamsimon on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Tuff!
iamsimon

Postby George Kyro on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:05 am

For those of you who have asked, here are some photo's of fraser in the old rig crossing frasers deepest water crossing some beach shots near the ship wreck and eli creek at hi tide. Enjoy ! :D

Last edited by George Kyro on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Kyro

Postby c-dale on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:04 am

So where did you drown her George? Awinya? Eli or elsewhere? Loss of traction in the sand or faster moving water than expected? You dont seemed to phased by salt water. How long you keep your rigs for?
c-dale
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brodical on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Least you got your priorities right George lol....
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby Amaroo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Hey George, awesome rig, it looks tough!

Just a question on your Rekon front shocks. I can see the blue low speed compression adjuster in the pics you put up earlier. Is there a single adjuster on them or is there a rebound or high speed compression located in another position?

I always drooled over the DMS gear on other people's track cars and dreamt of getting it for mine one day but I have recently sold the car so getting a set for the Triton would be nice.

Cheers

Shane.
Amaroo

Postby George Kyro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm

c-dale wrote:So where did you drown her George? Awinya? Eli or elsewhere? Loss of traction in the sand or faster moving water than expected? You dont seemed to phased by salt water. How long you keep your rigs for?

Drowned her near waralie road at waralie creek . NAh not awinya, she made it through there without any dramas 3 times and that wa at hi tide. She died a pretty pooncie death, water was only deep enough to enter the bottom door seals and wet the computer and that was it.

The last one lasted 28 days and ive had this one for hmm close to 4.5 months and already done 20,000 kay.

dont know how long i'll keep this one for. Im still happy with it and dont intend on getting rid of this one any time soon
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:33 pm

brodie wrote:Least you got your priorities right George lol....

Its gospel brodie ! :lol:
George Kyro

Postby George Kyro on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Amaroo wrote:Hey George, awesome rig, it looks tough!

Just a question on your Rekon front shocks. I can see the blue low speed compression adjuster in the pics you put up earlier. Is there a single adjuster on them or is there a rebound or high speed compression located in another position?

I always drooled over the DMS gear on other people's track cars and dreamt of getting it for mine one day but I have recently sold the car so getting a set for the Triton would be nice.

Cheers

Shane.

Hi Shane , and thans for the compliments!

You have every right to drool over the dms gear cos truth be told i drool over them still myself! :D

Personally IMO i think the suspension is pretty well crafted and having this little extra ,offers something that the conventional kits don't.
To be honest with you at first i thought the hole dampener adjustment was gunna be a wank but i got them anyway...

Look to be honest, I'm not one to say i know everything there is too know about these cars but 1: for me driving is something I've been doing with love and passion for a very long time, though i may not know how the suspension set up completely works i do know this... When the dial is turned all the way up (clock wise) the vehicle handles and allows me to drive it like an actual car on the road with the ability to take corners etc with a lot more aggression without the thing wanting to body roll etc.

Once you take it off road i wind it all the way down to soft (while deflating tyres, it take literally 1 minute) i find that the car just soaks up the bumps heaps better, becomes plusher, and feels as though the suspension is moving in a completely different manner to the body. Hard to explain but you notice the difference once youve had the privellage of driving it around on the road stiff then bush completely soft.
If you were touring etc on corrugated roads or even gravel type roads you dont even have to go that soft, just take it as far down as possible and then give it about 7-8 clicks upwards towards stiff to give you a mixture of both .

I may be wrong when i say this but to me its as though the front end works like the rear shock does on a dirt bike. But i dont know if thats rebound or compression so you'd have to ask matty from monster rides which one it does but i'd probably say dampener adjustment.

All i know is i've got it in and i couldnt be happier man on or off the tarmac.

Where you from ?

If your from Melbourne you're more than welcome to come check it whenever you want and see how it goes.
George Kyro

Next

Return to Member Build Ups