Tritonosaurus

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Tritonosaurus

Postby Bazzer87 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi all

Had the new Triton for a couple weeks now, madly getting the mods done as I'm off to the Simpson in a weeks time.
I put the Ultimate lift kit in last night and some 285/75R16s
Dual battery in the tub, UHF, draw system and a few other goodies as well. Coming together nicely :)

Click to view larger picture

MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Re: Tritonosaurus

Postby Duck on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Looks great mate 8-) The Simpson is an adventure, very :mrgreen: look forward to the photos 8-)
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby brodical on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Looking great mate...do ya get much wind drag with the roof top tent??
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby XSQ376 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Looking good,I've just received my roo systems rtt,yet to install,still trying to work out best position,
I've been looking into having some brackets the same as the ones that hold your tradies rack on made up and mounting rtt straight on to the roof and reducing some of the drag, if you where to do the same you could cut down the tradies rack and fit it on to the cab( not an option for me as don't have tradies rack)
Enjoy the Simmo, I'm sure ill get there one day
XSQ376

Postby Bazzer87 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Yea I'm actually going to cut the side of the roof racks off tomorrow so I can drop the RTT down lower. Pointless having it that high as it's just waisted space underneath and I can't reach it!!!
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Postby viking shippy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:55 am

Bazzer87 wrote:Yea I'm actually going to cut the side of the roof racks off tomorrow so I can drop the RTT down lower. Pointless having it that high as it's just waisted space underneath and I can't reach it!!!

Arb make a wider version...you could also just fitt arb roof racks and sell your trade racks and save cutting them I got the rhino aero rack kit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
viking shippy

Postby XSQ376 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Bazzer I ment cut it shorter in length, not hight incase I confused you, I had a few refreshments when I posted last night
XSQ376

Postby brodical on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 pm

How do you guys find the wind drag with the rtt s??? How much affect on economy whilst traveling???
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby Bazzer87 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Brodie, I haven't done enough travelling to give a real informed opinion yet.
Obviously it will affect fuel economy but compared to towing a camper trailer it's going to be better.
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I installed the draws from my old Paj today, also made up a shelf for behind them, I can fit 9 jerry cans under the shelf - 3 of Diesel and 6 of water for the Simmo and can still stack things on top so worked out pretty well.
Fridge straps to top of draws and dual battery is mounted on the passenger side of draws.

MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby viking shippy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 pm

brodie wrote:How do you guys find the wind drag with the rtt s??? How much affect on economy whilst traveling???

Not noticeable on a trip to the great ocean road
viking shippy

Postby tritonvx80 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:23 am

looks really good your car. a big battery can easely be installed under the tray, if you would need the space in the draws. i put a 200AH under the tray.
tritonvx80

Postby Bazzer87 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Since the last post I have installed a 1" body lift and today I got around to installing the LEDs for camping.

I mounted in this switch board so I can switch separately the different sides outside as well as LEDs in the canopy and on the windows

Then as I waited for it to get dark to test them out I attempted to straighten my bash plates back out that I damaged a few weeks ago

The photos don't do it justice.
I was so rapped with them, about 8 + meters of LEDs lol

The interior light in the canopy isn't working but I don't think I'll bother trying to fix it now

There were no lights on outside and quite literally you can see 10 metres no problems either side of the car
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Few more under the bonnet today

MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby VALERIO on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Really nice work done with the lights
VALERIO

Postby Bazzer87 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:48 am

It's been a busy last few weeks on the Triton

I installed a 4wd supacentre snorkel

Put in a 63L water container with a 12v pump to make life a little easier

Made a very backyard looking switch panel up out of the road for all my LEDs and also a push button for the water pump.
The hose is for the water

I put on a tigerz11 side awning

A few more LEDs - as you can never have enough

I installed the Sony Head Unit. The second screen is for the front and rear cameras (came with the car). I decided to leave it there as it's easier having a dedicated screen which takes no loading time or fidling around to get the camera on - just one button. I also use the front camera while 4wding in the sand when going over crests to see which way the tracks go (or if there is any tracks!) and I can leave the camera rolling without stopping my music etc.
I also mounted the UHF above, probably not the neatest but does the job and better than being jammed between the console and passenger seat where it was before

Bribie Island a couple weeks ago with the new kayaks

MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 am

nice set up
how are the duratracs going
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Bazzer87 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:02 am

This is the second set I have had and never once had a puncture - so I can't complain.
The first set only got about 20,000kms before they looked stuffed so they gave me a new set for free. This set has done maybe 30,000 and I'd say they still have at least half the tread.
As for sand driving I absolutely love them and would highly recommend
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:04 pm

So I thought I might give the Dupli Color Bed Armor a go - the back of the ute doesn't ger a huge amount of traffic, the draws, water tank and dual battery are permanently bolted down so it's only the camping stove, chairs, shovel etc that get thrown in and bounce around scratching things up.

First step was to take everything out

As you can see its a little dirty and scratched up

Then I gave it a clean up and sanded it all by hand

First coat is on

And that's all I have got done - looks a little patchy but hoping to get at least another coat, hopefully another two coats done throughout the week after work then put it all back together next weekend!
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Second coat down. Looking a lot better now and still 1/3 tin left so will get a third coat done probably Wednesday
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Gordann on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Nice looking rig mate.
How'd you go with the body lift. Any trouble?
Also did you lift the Bullbar at all? Or leave it. Cheers
Gordann

Postby Bazzer87 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:06 am

Thanks Gordann
No issues with the body lift, the tub is a little tedious to line the bolts back up on once the lift is in but apart from that it's pretty straight forward.
I left my bullbar and rear bar, the rear bar looks a little tacky but going to try paint the backing black soon to see if that makes it look neater.
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:58 am

Started putting the back end back together again last night

Gave me a chance to get a clear photo of the water tank up the front

I also gave the front of the draws a quick lick of paint this morning to brighten things up a little (it matches my newly painted bash plates ;) :lol: )

MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby Bazzer87 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:07 am

Regarding the DupliColor Bed Armor -
It has set really well now - the prep work and the drying time is critical. I gave it all a really good sand and clean then I gave it a coat, waited 24 hours and gave it a second coat.
After 48 hours I put something in the back and it gauged a couple big chunks out :evil: so I gave it a third coat and then let it sit for 1 1/2 weeks.
It appears to be set quite hard now - when installing the draws etc back in, it never felt like it was going to scratch.

So far it appears to be doing a good job (especially for $140) but time will tell. :!: :)
It definitely looks a lot neater than the scratched up white paint in the back
MY12 MN Triton
Bazzer87

Postby scumbag on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:45 pm

how does it drive with the big tyres is it a slug to drive around? how bad is the fuel econemy ?
scumbag

Next

Return to Member Build Ups