Cozza's Build up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Cozza's Build up

Postby Cozza on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi Everybody

I thought with the effort I have put in lately, I would finally do a members build.

It all started November 2011 when I sold my beloved Holden Ute, I was tired of having to walk out on the beach, I wanted to drive onto the beach and step out of my car on to the sand.

So I did some research and purchased a new Triton.

(Please be aware that I could not be bothered resizing the photos so you will have to click on the photos to view the whole picture)

Click to view larger picture

First thing I had installed was an Alpine head unit and Oricom UHF.

About a year and a half pasted as I saved and planned the next mods to my Triton.
First thing I wanted to do was upgrade the stock speakers as I found my new Alpine head unit was being underutilized.

So it begun and it soon became a much bigger job then I had first anticipated. First I dismantled the dash to get to the wiring.

I soon had a few extra ideas about installing a turbo timer and moving my UHF under the passenger's side dash and getting an all in one UHF controller hand piece.
These were easy to do but took more time to do as I previously thought.

Next I started removing door panels and started running speaker cable into the doors ready for the new speakers. I soon found out how frustrating this would be. It was a lot easier to just remove the door run the cables and refit the doors.

Next I Dynamated all the doors and fitted the new speakers. Also ran all the wiring to behind the rear seat for the amp and slim line powered subs.

While putting the doors back together I found some cool little projection lights that I installed in the front doors, so when you open the front doors it projects a Mitsubishi symbol on the ground. Not bad for 20 bucks off eBay. Also replaced all the interior lights with red LED's and also got some little chrome bits for the exterior of the Triton (Damn eBay is evil). Was very hard to get a decent picture of them but they a quite bright of a night time and can just be seen of a day time.

It took about 4 months of weekends and a lot of swearing and dollars but it was starting to come together. It was a proud moment when and interior was all back together and I was able to turn on the stereo for the first time to hear my new speakers and Alpine Slim line Powered subs fire up.

Now that my Triton sounded the part it was time to spend some money on the outside.
Once again I started researching online and booked my Triton in to the local Opposite Lock store and got the following fitted-
-ARB Deluxe Steel bullbar
-ARB Side Steps
-ARB Rear Step and Tow Ball
-ARB Bash Plates
-Safari Snorkel
-Long Ranger 125L Fuel Tank
-Rhino Heavy Duty Roof Racks

Since I replaced the fuel tank I also got myself an Ultra Gauge and got the front windows tinited.

Also invested in some Sand Grabber Mats and Wet Seat covers.

Then started to think about suspension, Once again after much research and some very good recommendation from New Triton forum members I called Ultimate Suspension and put in an order for a 2 inch lift kit.

After getting the lift kit fitted I was very pleased as it handles a lot better on the dirt.

Well that will be all for now but I am getting a Flexiglass canopy fitted next weekend (will update build thread with a few more pictures after canopy fitted) Am also going to the Perth 4x4 and camping show next weekend so I think the wallet is going to take a bit of a hit again.
Kind Regards
Cozza
Cozza

Re: Cozza's Build up

Postby Pearcie45 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 am

Great read mate. It looks like youve put a lot of time, effort and money into your triton and it looks the goods. Will be interested to how the flexiglass canopy goes once its on.
MN MY13 GLX-R - Silver - Rear Diff Lock - Rhino Lining Tub Liner - GME TX3100 UHF - Tinted Bonnet Protector - Basha 3mm Bash Plates
Pearcie45

Postby BillMcQuade on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 am

Nice ride. You have clearly put a lot of time into a high quality install. Good luck with your next mods.
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Crash486 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Great effort. Especially with the dash, man that looks scary. I find it hard to summon up the effort to wash mine!
Crash486

Postby jhaine02 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:54 am

Nice mate ! The first thing on my list once I make it through christmas is a double din head unit and reverse camera.

What kind of camera did you get ? Are you worried about it getting ruined during 4wding ?
Ive been looking and dont know how they would hold up to dust , water ect.
jhaine02

Postby misko on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:44 am

Looks Good! do you still have the link for the door projection lights?? I can only seem to find ones in blue...
misko

Postby Duck on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 am

Big effort, love those projector lights. Did you leave anything in the ute whilst you were working on it looks like a shell, if I pulled that all out that is how it would be sold :lol: What is the dynamat for ? Is it to help with sound for the pumping stereo ? Anyway nice build up & the ute is looking & no doubt sounding good.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Cozza on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 pm

jhaine02 wrote:Nice mate ! The first thing on my list once I make it through christmas is a double din head unit and reverse camera.

What kind of camera did you get ? Are you worried about it getting ruined during 4wding ?
Ive been looking and dont know how they would hold up to dust , water ect.

Hi Jhaine02,

The head unit and camera are all alpine. The camera is all sealed and has been hit with a high pressure washer many times and still seems to work ok, From time to time i go to reverse and can't see nothing then i soon remember that the camera is covered in mud. The head unit and camera are about 2 years old now and haven't had any problems yet.
Kind Regards
Cozza
Cozza

Postby Cozza on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 pm

misko wrote:Looks Good! do you still have the link for the door projection lights?? I can only seem to find ones in blue...

Hey Misko,

Don't have a link to the exact one's i purchased but the below link looks about the same as the lights i installed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-CREE-4th-LED-door-courtesy-Welcome-laser-projector-light-For-MITSUBISHI-/360786000203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item540085794b
Kind Regards
Cozza
Cozza

Postby Cozza on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Duck wrote:Big effort, love those projector lights. Did you leave anything in the ute whilst you were working on it looks like a shell, if I pulled that all out that is how it would be sold :lol: What is the dynamat for ? Is it to help with sound for the pumping stereo ? Anyway nice build up & the ute is looking & no doubt sounding good.

Hey Duck,

Your on the money Dynamat is basically for sound deadening. Cuts down some of the road noise from outside and makes the stereo sound better.
Kind Regards
Cozza
Cozza

Postby Cozza on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Have survived the Perth 4X4 and camping show for another year but unfortunately my wallet has died.

Got the Flexiglass Canopy all fitted and is looking nice, Now i have to start work on sealing up the tailgate and finding a way to pressurize the canopy to keep out dust.

Kind Regards
Cozza
Cozza

Return to Member Build Ups