Chris' new rig

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Chris' new rig

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:53 pm

$200 seems unusually low. Are they LT construction or just standard passenger rating?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 am

Lt's cd, normally they sell them for 370 but being in a package they discount them heavily. Load rating on them is 1550kg I'm pretty sure.
ChrisK.ACT

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:47 am

That's a very good price then, you've done well. Makes you wonder what the margin is usually doesn't it?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 am

Definitely mate! I guess when you buy so many of them they can sell them cheap and still make a profit.

For example I bought a waeco icebox a few months back from BCF, they had it advertised for $280, I did a search online while still walking around the store and Ray's had it for $220 so I asked if BCF would price match and they agreed. On the computer when I went to pay it had a staff price of $140 so that's a fair mark up haha!
ChrisK.ACT

Postby emjayar on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:43 am

Your beast is looking pretty dam mean now!
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby Dans Tri on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:09 am

at BCF staff only have to pay cost price+GST :evil:
Dans Tri
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:07 pm

wouldn't mind it as a weekend job hey haha!
ChrisK.ACT

Postby krazed on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:35 pm

ChrisK.ACT wrote:Thanks mate. Yea that's a good point, better than butchering the mud guards haha. Is it possible to lift it without having to fork out for new suspension just yet? Bit tight on coin after this last lot of mods haha

you could do a body lift for pretty cheapish . I don't have any knowledge on it but there are a few guys here running them . You could probably get away with a one inch just to cure the scrubbing and tie you over until the suspension lift (again don't quote me on that) . Im pretty sure you can get a body lift kit for a couple of hundy $$ . In saying that i donth think body lifts are legal unless engineered though . I personally would just deal with the minor scrubbing :)
krazed

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Body lifts voids insurance. Damnit :cry: time to save for new shocks etc, PM'd ultimate but waiting on a reply for pricing info/advice.

Headed to bob jane today for a wheel alignment and balance as above 80k it had a nasty shake. Turns out two tires were way out of balance by about 120-150grams!

They gave me advice for the next time I go to get tyres. Apparently Tempe/ozzy buy a lot of Canadian or Chinese bfg's. They last 30,000k and people right them off as rubbish. The guy said if you can get a quote from anywhere on any tyre, to then take it to bob jane and they'll beat the price. That way you know they're legit and you save some coin as well.

Had an emergency braking situation yesterday and gave them the beans, slight front skid but they're only 90 k's old haha. Old lady pulled out into my lane in an 80 zone about 40m in front of me and didn't accelerate at all, hit the anchors and changed lanes haha.

P.S- EGR blanking module coming this week too! Hopefully get better than 500k's out of a tank now :roll:
ChrisK.ACT

Postby sydneymark on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:18 pm

i got a bunch of prices both from Tempe tyres and off ebay, made a few calls and got even cheaper prices, then went back to bob janes and they matched the best price less $5, and didn't have to drive over to the other side of town.
my13 White GLX manual, ARB canopy, air compressor , bull bar & tow bar, Alpine head unit, AVI speakers, Ultimate Suspension, MSA canvas seatcovers, IPF HID spotties, GME UHF, Tail-gate lock, 4LED reversing light, Ebay snorkel, 2nd battery, aldi winch
sydneymark
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Yea it was good of him to tell me but I guess it's in his best interest as I'll come back lol. I've taken my last few cars to bob jane, always been happy with their work.
ChrisK.ACT

Postby Amaroo on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Maybe you bought BFGodrich tyres Chris ;)

High Country trip is up! Time to organise a convoy from Canberra :D
Amaroo

Postby Jatz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Your rig is looking great Chris, especially with the new rims.
Jatz

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Haha maybe I did mate.

If I can organise the snorkel and breathers I'm def in, I'll start saving for fuel now :lol: goes in wed week for the 90k service, fingers crossed they can fix it. Didn't mention the rear bar or 32's lol!
I'm thinking the eBay snorkel and there's a mob that sells the breather kits on there as well.
ChrisK.ACT

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Cheers Jatz, I'm up home (gong) this weekend, a blokes bought my old rear bar off me and wants to meet half way haha! Should go for a wheel up Kembla or something!
ChrisK.ACT

Postby Jatz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:43 am

Sounds good Chris. I'm free Saturday arvo. Drop me a PM when you know your movements and we can organise something.
Jatz

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am

Will do mate. A few mates were talking about heading out somewhere. Nothing too wild I hope haha! I'll keep you posted ;)
ChrisK.ACT

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

Change of plans sorry Jatz, mate in Sydney has asked for a hand moving. Sometimes I hate owning a ute haha! I'll be back up early April but i'll keep you posted anyway!
ChrisK.ACT

Postby Jatz on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 pm

No problem Chris. Will catch up next time. I should have my bullbar and snorkel fitted by then (going with ARB as I'm not game to drill into a new vehicle). Cheers Jason.
Jatz

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Mate I just ordered my snorkel, possitive a few tears will be wept when I'm hooking through that quarter panel. If you hear any swearing (more than usual amounts) from Berkeley, that'll be me at my folks place fitting it haha.
ChrisK.ACT

Postby krimmo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 pm

hey mate, rims lookin pretty sweet mate!.
just got myself a new glxr and thinking of getting a set of those too.
krimmo

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Cheers bud!
Haha dont get the same, be individual!
I ended up getting the electronic blank instead mate, I've seen alot of pics with stuffed up manifolds so its going on after this coming week, booked in for a service so straight after that its going on haha!
I think the main difference is the boost coming on earlier, just from what I've read ;) I'll keep you posted but!
ChrisK.ACT

Postby ChrisK.ACT on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:45 pm

No new mods to report. Mitsu replaced the canopy under warranty as they thought it was buckled.

Massive fuel issues with it drinking 13.1 on freeway and 19.6 around town!!!!

Just waiting to hear back from mitsu as to what the next step will be then hopefully come to an agreement. Local steeler has replaced all they can under warranty bar a new engine so we'll see how we go.
ChrisK.ACT

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups