Stiddys GLX-R newbie 4x4 build up.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Stiddys GLX-R newbie 4x4 build up.

Postby Rd1 on Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 pm

I joined this forum to expand me knowledge of the Triton. I did not join it to read how you are doing it wrong because it's not how I did it!
Rd1

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri May 30, 2014 7:39 pm

That's hardly a flaming. And moderators can't have personal opinions now? FFS. Grow up people, we're all adults, unfortunately some more than others. And Matt has already shown more than once that his hide is plenty thick for the odd contrary opinion.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Lunny on Fri May 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Lol
Lunny
Lunny

Postby viking shippy on Fri May 30, 2014 8:10 pm

Lunny wrote:
motoz wrote:Let's not start the illegal debate again. I think were all tarred with that brush. EGR disable anyone...

A 16x8 0 offset rim shod with a 265/75 x 16 filled out the flares when I trial fitted them with two tec screws to get an idea before I had them prepped and painted.

I feel a moderator should show restraint in passing negative comment on how someone chooses to build there vehicle.

If the question was posted "What are people's thoughts of these parts?" Then sure post your opinion. But to just flame for the sake of it in someone's own build thread is just poor darts.

:evil:

Agreed...

Ditto
viking shippy

Postby Rd1 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 pm

So because he has been attacked before he can take it again? Is that how I am suppost to take that??
Rd1

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Fri May 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Not fussed guys... Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions and advice.
Most of it's appreciated. It is a forum after all.

As most can tell I'm trying to build something a little different. But hey what's a few inches between mates lol!

I'm purely building this for off-road. The only time I drive it is to a 4x4 track or camping. I bought the car to literally thrash it off road. I have other cars for the road so even if it's broken it doesn't phase me.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 pm

lgil86 wrote:awww man would have loved to see this thing in the flesh at stockton!!! :D

Haha mate, almost became a man made reef rescuing people lol. Pretty hairy actually watching the surf lap at your wheels lol. But all good. Tyres down to 8psi and drove out.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tony81 on Fri May 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Any more development with the CV, UCA set up you talked about on page two?
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Fri May 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Monster rides are doing the uca's soon. So I don't have to worry about them..

My cvs aren't too far off I don't think. Just sorting the outter cv now and the small abs ring.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dave on Fri May 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Tough looking Triton Stiddy.... should be pretty good once you've put the UCA's and diff drop in, keep up with the photos and progress updates.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby lgil86 on Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 pm

StiddyGLX-R wrote:
lgil86 wrote:awww man would have loved to see this thing in the flesh at stockton!!! :D

Haha mate, almost became a man made reef rescuing people lol. Pretty hairy actually watching the surf lap at your wheels lol. But all good. Tyres down to 8psi and drove out.

lol non triton drivers?? where were u u had to go that low psi? i was down all weekend cruising on 16psi no troubles.
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 am

I got so stuck rescuing a pajero. I was on 15psi but ended up on the chassis rails in the soft stuff trying to help. Snatched him out but got stuck after trying to go help another mate.
8psi was awesome, much easier on the car much more traction and good fun. Climbed some silly dunes.

Turned traction off, put rear locker in and started driving like a professional drifter.. Tore the beach up.. Even got donuts happening on its own axis lol..

Fun times but not going back in a hurry. Hate sand and it's still everywhere..
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Sat May 31, 2014 5:22 am

StiddyGLX-R wrote:Turned traction off, put rear locker in and started driving like a professional drifter.. Tore the beach up.. Even got donuts happening on its own axis lol...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:evil:

And people wonder why we get kicked out of places :evil:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Sootie on Sat May 31, 2014 7:55 am

Is all of stockton open again Siddy? when I was last there you could only go right from lavis lane or along the beach all the big dunes on the left were closed
Sootie

Stiddys GLX-R newbie 4x4 build up.

Postby biggibbo on Sat May 31, 2014 10:11 am

All the dunes are still closed. Lavis entry was closed for reno's last time I was up there. Not sure if it's open again yet.

Edit- just heard the Lavis entry reopened in time for Easter, not that the fun police will let u camp or use the dunes
Last edited by biggibbo on Sat May 31, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biggibbo

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Sat May 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Sootie wrote:Is all of stockton open again Siddy? when I was last there you could only go right from lavis lane or along the beach all the big dunes on the left were closed

We went in and turned right down in front of the ship wreck. There was only like 2 or 3 decent big dunes to play on.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Sat May 31, 2014 3:09 pm

biggibbo wrote:All the dunes are still closed. Lavis entry was closed for reno's last time I was up there. Not sure if it's open again yet.

Edit- just heard the Lavis entry reopened in time for Easter, not that the fun police will let u camp or use the dunes

Yeah was still no camping or anything. We just went up for a thrash around and a bit of fishing. We found a few dunes you could play on. 1 stupid steep one no one could get up right along the roped up fence line.

Not in a hurry to go back though. Sand isn't my thing.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby siwren on Sat May 31, 2014 5:58 pm

StiddyGLX-R wrote:Sorry for not much progress on the triton. Been away on work and playing with the xr5 focus(New exhaust, hybrid turbo, forge actuator, bigger boost pipes, new re-map - still only at 350hp and I want 400) and our race car (new coilovers, custom brakes, body/chassis

I had a LV XR5 with the Dreamscience tune and a hitech cat back exhaust. It was an awesome little car, loved the engine and the cracking from the exhaust. Way nicer to drive than a WRX and more interesting than a GTI. Sort of miss it but not the Electic Orange paint, shouldnt have let my wife pick the colour. And I remember the leather seats were so comfy. Bought a 135i DCT afterwards which was better again, but would love to see hows yours gets about with those mods and output. Where are pics of your XR5? Have you got a build thread on fordxr5turbo forum?
Simon

See my Triton build: Si's Tri
My Shed
siwren

Postby lgil86 on Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 pm

StiddyGLX-R wrote:I got so stuck rescuing a pajero. I was on 15psi but ended up on the chassis rails in the soft stuff trying to help. Snatched him out but got stuck after trying to go help another mate.
8psi was awesome, much easier on the car much more traction and good fun. Climbed some silly dunes.

Turned traction off, put rear locker in and started driving like a professional drifter.. Tore the beach up.. Even got donuts happening on its own axis lol..

Fun times but not going back in a hurry. Hate sand and it's still everywhere..

ah get u now, fun times! nah im the opposite, i hate mud as its harder to clean off! ive vinyl floor tho so easy to hoover or brush out though i dont bother too often as im down a coiuple of times a week so no point. all the best with the build anyway, watching with interest
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lgil86 on Sat May 31, 2014 6:09 pm

StiddyGLX-R wrote:
Yeah was still no camping or anything. We just went up for a thrash around and a bit of fishing. We found a few dunes you could play on. 1 stupid steep one no one could get up right along the roped up fence line.

thats the sand mine, few steep ones with limited run up along the bush side of the play area but u have to keep an eye out for moto x and quads as they play there a lot
lgil86
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dans Tri on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 pm

I love this build Stiddy, good to see someone do something different. You've defiantly got me thinking about this monster rides lift kit :D

Anymore updates of late......
Dans Tri
Platinum Subscriber

Postby StiddyGLX-R on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Dans Tri wrote:I love this build Stiddy, good to see someone do something different. You've defiantly got me thinking about this monster rides lift kit :D

Yeah quite alot of things happening with the tri actually. But I only come on every now and then for a quick browse and I'm off again, I dont bother posting anymore.
StiddyGLX-R
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Dans Tri on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:56 pm

StiddyGLX-R wrote:
Dans Tri wrote:I love this build Stiddy, good to see someone do something different. You've defiantly got me thinking about this monster rides lift kit :D

Yeah quite alot of things happening with the tri actually. But I only come on every now and then for a quick browse and I'm off again, I dont bother posting anymore.

Thats good to hear the triton is becoming bigger and better. Sucks though the actions of some in a public area which is meant to bring like minded people together has actually done the complete opposite.
All the best with the mods and I hope we can get a few pics from time to time.
Dans Tri
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MICK_ on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Nice rig mate. 8-)
2011 GLXR 4x4 TD - AUTO

ARB Bullbar
ARB Rearbar
ARB Brushbars
ARB Roof Basket
BushSkinz
Scotts 3" Pipe
Safari Snorkel
Tray Back
Foxwing Awning
UHF
Averger Winch(Rope)
Red Arc Dual Battery + Monitor
Rear Locker
17" Steelies
Mickey T MTZ
MICK_

Postby motoz on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 pm

You got those flares on yet ???

Got and pics you can post ???
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups