09Andot's Triton on a budget!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: 09Andot's Triton on a budget!

Postby krimmo on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 am

do you mind if i ask you how much you paid for the arb bullbar? with and without installation?
krimmo

Postby crispy on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:19 am

Hi mate i dont know they seem to be even more expensive ,i was looking at there ad and 31 drive away guys are advertising them for 28 for 2007 glxr 4 grand more and you get brand new and a build the way you want ,have seen a couple that are of a sensible price but not to many .
crispy

Postby 09andot on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Yeh I like doing a lot of it myself rather then paying a shop, mainly because of the savings but also so I know how it all goes together if I have an issue out somewhere where a shop can't help! Krimmo I bought the car with the bullbar so no idea on the cost. I can tell you it's an ARB commercial bar and i'm sure if you give them a ring they'll sort you out with some pricing. That's crazy crispy! I guess the 2007 might have a bit of gear on it which will save you some, but for 4 grande I'd much prefer to start fresh. Check out Pickles auctions, that's where I got this and there always seems to be a couple on there, I think you'd pick up one similar to mine when I bought it for very close to 20k now. Not sure if they have an outlet in Adelaide but I guess if it's a big saving, a flight to Sydney and a drive home could be an option!
09andot

Postby crispy on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm

checked out there site today ,most of the vehicles seem to have low millage and around 20g not after a sueped up ride just a standard 4wd that will carry my tools and get me to the murray mouth and beyond ,still say you have done a great job on your own keep the photos coming mate .
crispy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:41 pm

ARB has a pricelist posted in PDF format in the sponsor's area. The commercial bar is cheaper than the deluxe obviously and comes in any colour you like, provided you like black.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups