Ian's GLXR

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Ian's GLXR

Postby alian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 am

With all the talk about bending Tritons I decided to go in to Mitsubishi and buy the shortest mn tow they had. Part no MR936898 still 300kg on the ball and 3 tonne. just sits under the tray a bit. May have to shorten the tray a little. I think it was about 135mm shorter than the MZ350375 one that was on it. Adam at Carlisle Motors was great, let me go out the back pulled them both out for me to measure them up before I made my decision.Click to view larger picture And the new one below. you can see how far further the old one stuck past the end on the chassis.Click to view larger picture
And if I wish to go further in all I need to do is push the tongue in another 40mm and redrill for the pin.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16661
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby triton_guru on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Beautiful actually makes it tempting to get a towbar again seeing as the old anchor was stupid haha
triton_guru

Postby alian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:41 pm

This is the 3rd tow bar. When it had the Style side and rear step the GLXR tow bar was fitted and it was a plough. I bought the top photo (GXL tow bar) second hand from a guy who had gone to a ARB setup. It was a higher and closer to the chassis. But I read somewhere that a forum member had fitted a ML tow bar to their MN and it was shorter. Looking into it a little I was told that the tow bar was only rated to 250kg :( so rang the spare parts bloke and had a long chat and we came up with this option.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16661
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mIwoo on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:52 pm

so did you buy the ML towbar or is it a MN towbar with modification? I'm interested in doing something similar
1130 BARRA - 850 Murray Cod - 640 Dusky - 445 Aus BASS - 585 Yellow-belly - 440 Redfin
mIwoo

Postby FredSmith on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Snip
alian wrote:With all the talk about bending Tritons I decided to go in to Mitsubishi and buy the shortest mn tow .

First line at top of page. :?

I'm going to put a tray on my ute and do the same. :D
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Postby alian on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:47 pm

It is definitely a MN tow bar. 3000T 300kg
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby alian on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Just got back from a 1 week trip to Longreach towing the new Reconn. All went well except had an interesting moment while passing a roadtrain. Found my self going out on over boost for the 1st time. Interesting to say the least. So now I need to look into this a bit more before the next trip. Other than that the Triton and camper went well.
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby alian on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:32 am

Talked to the boys at Ultimate suspension (Very good to talk to) on the phone and the local ARB shop about replacing my Pedders suspension. I don't have time at the moment to swap out the suspension myself, so decided to go with the Local boys who had it fitted it no time. It ended up lifting the front 20mm and the rear 40mm. Now it looks like a 4x4 and seems to drive a little nicer over bumps. now I have to modify the roof rack to fit it under the roller door at home :?
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby emjayar on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:42 am

Glad you found the Ultimate suspension team as helpful as I did; Brendan is a walking encyclopedia for all things suspension related. Not only that his customer service is always on point.

I must admit that you don't appreciate a good suspension setup until it is spot on for your car.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby alian on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:50 am

Yep, will be hooking up the camper on the weekend to go camping, so will see how it all goes. The Pedders kit was very harsh in the rear to the point of having to lower the back pressures down heaps just to make bearable to sit in the back seat.
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby alian on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:08 am

The new OME suspension worked a treat, sat nice loaded and is way softer in the rear seats than the previously fitted Pedder suspension. looking at probably making a whole new all in 1 camping back with fuel and water tanks. Time to sit and have a couple more rums and ponder this I think.
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Ian's GLXR

Postby trouble on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:44 am

The OME won't last, keep an eye on the bushes they will flog out real quick and the leafs will sag! Waste of money!

I know I had this shit and went with Ultimate and have never looked back.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Geez mate you could have sugar coated it a little
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby alian on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:13 pm

trouble wrote:The OME won't last, keep an eye on the bushes they will flog out real quick and the leafs will sag! Waste of money!

I know I had this shit and went with Ultimate and have never looked back.

Dont hold back now LOL, but thanks for your honesty mate, will have to see how they go now that they are fitted :)
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trouble on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:16 pm

For those who know me, I generally don't sugar coat things and just tell it how it is. CD you should know this already.
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby alian on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:59 pm

S
hould me more around, life would be simpler
alian
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups