Classy's Build Photo Heavy

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Classy's Build Photo Heavy

Postby classy ripper on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:41 pm

So i suppose i need to start my build up before it gets to big and i can't be bothered got alot of good ideas off the guys on here so some of the stuff might look familiar and thanks to all the members who post up there cars for the rest of us to borrow ideas for ours.
Click to view larger picture

The triton is my second 4wd the first being a 105 Series Landcruiser i loved it but we recieved the news that my wife was pregnant with twins so she would be needing a bigger car. Unfortunately she was not keen on learning manual so we decided to buy a auto 4wd and the triton was the best value for money.

Here it is the day we picked it up 2013 MN GLX-R drove straight to Bob-Jane to swap the tyres as they gave us a trade in on the stock tyres. ARB were supposed to have a Bullbar,Canopy Rear Step and snorkle ready for when we picked the car up but that didn't happen so a week later it was back to the dealer to be fitted out.

Here it is with all the extras, i also added the bash plate after reading how poor the factory one was after swaping them over i was extremely glad i did as i think newspaper would be stronger than the factory plate.

Removing the factory rear step left some holes that needed filling so some 3inch LED lights off ebay hooked up to reverse filled the holes nicely and lights up well when reversing.

Next was to address the lighting up front picked these up off Ebay for a decent price very impressed for the price.

Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

On a trip the triton was leading through the Gardens of Stone National Park the car recieved its first bit of damage and the boss took it very well i only recieved 2 black eyes and 3 cracked ribs :lol:

So on the 1st of june the reason we purchased the triton arrived one healthy boy and 15mins later a healthy girl both are home and doing well.

So with a bit of time off work i decided to tackle some drawers as a few other members have done previously after looking through build threads i seen a few drawers that would suit what i wanted so with some measurements i headed to Bunnings for some aluminium and joiners. This is what i came up with

This stuff was really easy to work with a drop saw to cut and measure twice you should not go wrong. Next was some ply for the top and drawers ect Once again measure twice cut once to secure the ply to the frame i used some insert nuts and bolted from underneath so once carpeted i can still take it all apart.

Still has some work to be done waiting for the runners and locks to turn up off ebay will update with photos as it all progresses hopefully my measurements are correct but all seems good so far. Once again thanks to the members that have taken the time to put up there projects.

classy ripper

Re: Classy's Build Photo Heavy

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Very nice mate. The silver ones always come up the best. Geez I wish I'd started my buildup back at the start. It will take a week to do now.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mrtuaniiex on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Great build so far. I too wished I did a build thread and taken progress pictures.
Happy 1 month to your boy and girl, I'm sure they are going to grow up with heaps of 4x4 adventures
mrtuaniiex

Postby har05l on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Well done, very classy build so far :)

I agree with CD, silver does come up the best :D and I to wish I'd started a build thread years ago. Probably never happen now :roll:

Keep the updates coming ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lunny on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:50 am

Looking good mate and congrats on the twins.. They should keep you busy
Lunny
Lunny

Postby variflex on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 am

A neat looking triton there and it's good to see another doggies supporter on here
variflex

Postby Crash486 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Nice work kids and a triton... Hmm wonder which will cost you more!
Crash486

Postby DocBassett on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:29 pm

The triton looks awesome mate. But..... am I reading correctly that you went from a 105 to a triton because you needed a bigger car?! :o I must have read it wrong. Congrats on the kids, we just had one and completely admire anyone who ends up with 2 and retains their sanity.
DocBassett

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:31 pm

I assumed he meant for the mrs but I could be wrong
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby DocBassett on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:47 pm

I was thinking he meant the mitsi in the background got replaced. But had to check. I can't get my mrs to drive my triton. Reccons it's too big :roll:
DocBassett

Postby classy ripper on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:13 am

As my wife had a Lancer it would fit the two baby seats but once you put the pram in the back there was no room for shopping ect. I tried to teach her manual so she could drive the landcruiser but she was not very confident, we thought about selling the lancer and buying a bigger car but didnt really see the point of having 2 big cars so sold the landcruiser to buy a auto 4wd now whoever has the kids takes the triton. Works well really as i take the lancer to work its cheap to run and not a bad little car plus i have the triton for weekend trips ect.
classy ripper

Postby FRDESP on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 am

Nice work mate and as said by others I wished I had taken more pics lol
FRDESP
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Member Build Ups