Mannjizles 08 ML GLXR

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Mannjizles 08 ML GLXR

Postby Mark3413 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

I agree with dave, rhino sell brackets that will fit your awning, I have the same set up! I looked at the tigerz brackets and threw them in the bin. Went down and bought the rhino ones a lot better and neater! From memory they weren't that expensive and that was from ARB.
Mark3413
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mannjizle on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Yeh sounds like a plan I will have to go have a look this week then before I get to involved with it.

What's it like with putting it on and off? I know it's pretty stupid wanting to have it off I just really don't like the look with the awning attached all the time and if it's not to much of a stuff around I'll just throw it on when needed
mannjizle

Postby Zav78 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:46 pm

mannjizle wrote:Yeh sounds like a plan I will have to go have a look this week then before I get to involved with it.

What's it like with putting it on and off? I know it's pretty stupid wanting to have it off I just really don't like the look with the awning attached all the time and if it's not to much of a stuff around I'll just throw it on when needed

It takes me 5 minutes at the most to either put up or take down the awning from my rhino racks. Very easy job and i'm a 52kg lady and I have no probs at all.
I only put my awning on when I am going to use it and take it off when I,m not.
Zav78
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mannjizle on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Oh really that's awesome as I'll go into ARB on Monday and have a look
Thanks for the info it's a great help :)

In other news the ute goes on mid sept to get an xrox put in a dual battery setup and also a front locker ( I am going with the E locker from OL thought it would be worth a shot)
Pretty excited for it all really
I am still waiting on the winch and UHF, the light bar, Treds, air pump and recovery kit to arrive then get some Light force 240 blitz

Also had the thought not sure if anyone else has but do those with xrox bars use the standard fog lights in the bull bar? I am not fussed with the fog lights seeing as what I'll have up front and thinking about wiring the fog lights into the reverse lights and placing them in the round parts on the rear bar just a thought really any pros and cons that people know of?
mannjizle

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:26 pm

There was a p plater on Facebook last night who posted some pics where he'd done just that. They weren't real close up shots but it looked okay. Depends whether they fill the whole gap really. I'd put them on a switch though because you don't want to blind people every time you activate reverse - only when you intend to.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mannjizle on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Yeh sweet will have to give it a look at as well I am not too fussed by blinding people when i reverse at least they will see me haha
mannjizle

Postby Mark3413 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 am

Sounds like you are going to be a busy boy!
Mark3413
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mannjizle on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Haha Yeh should be a good couple of weeks getting it all set up when I get the bull bar on I plan on lightly sanding the rims and sports bar and paining them black but first I wanna do a test run with something to see how it goes before ruining them haha
mannjizle

Postby Zookstar1 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 pm

very nice build up!!
ys, the tjm snork is a pain in the backside!!
when they first came out I had to fit one (when I worked at tjm) and I pinched the main loom that is running behind the guard :oops:
pretty sure they sorted that problem in the instructions after that as we mentioned it to head office.
I only just bought my 07 triton and I really love the looks of it, especially what you've done, clean lines and a good lift 8-)
Zookstar1

Postby mannjizle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Thanks it's my new toy so going to have a good play with it
I just got my Lightbar today just a cheap ebay one Cree cost me $200 but came with no instructions so after a quick ebay search I had a very basic knowledge of how to do it and had a play but I need the proper tools to fit it all properly but it works and puts out a fair amount of light which is awesome only problem was I had it just wired to the battery direct so the led light on the switch was constantly on (which I think if I did it permanently will drain the battery a bit) so I have to look at how to wire it to the ignition and then hook it all up the smile on my face when it worked was pricelessClick to view larger picture
mannjizle

Postby Zav78 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 pm

How are the quality of these Cree lights off ebay? I was looking at some for myself but still not sure.
Zav78
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mannjizle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:16 pm

The unit seems pretty solid the wiring not so much but I have hooked it back up to shine it tonight when it's dark to see so I'll post a pic or 2 soon
mannjizle

Postby mannjizle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Not to bad for 200 bucks it's just sitting on the nudge bar at the moment but will be attaching it to the roof rack soon
Click to view larger picture
mannjizle

Postby Zav78 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks. For $200 it doesn't look that bad.
Zav78
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mannjizle on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Yeh I reckon the same once it's fully mounted on the roof rack and wired up I'll send through a couple of pics
mannjizle

Postby mannjizle on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 pm

The winch arrived today just have to wait until mid sept to put it in bloody OL having to wait for someone to do the dual battery and bullbar it came a little plug and play uhf that I mounted in the glove box I won't use it heaps so I and just plug it in and throw the magnetic ariel on the roof when I need to use it Click to view larger picture

mannjizle

Postby mannjizle on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Not the best photos but it does show the difference the light bar makes
Low beam
High beam
Light bar
Probably the world's most shocking wire job but pretty happy to say I did it My self haha
mannjizle

Postby mannjizle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Click to view larger pictureBushskinz bash plate
10 min job unbolt the old bolt in the new very happy and the original seem like plastic compared to these
mannjizle

Postby emjayar on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Yeah the Bushskinz are a solid unit!

Did you have any dramas with the holes not quite lining up?
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby mannjizle on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm

emjayar wrote:Yeah the Bushskinz are a solid unit!

Did you have any dramas with the holes not quite lining up?

Nah not really maybe a mil or 2 out but it still fitted fine
mannjizle

Postby emjayar on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 am

I had a bit more of an issue with mine... I had to shred the holes on the engine side of the back plate and use the front plate as a giant washer. Could just be my rig, could just be my delivery... Either way, they handle the punishment well.
http://www.lifesbumpyroads.com | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Driving the conversation on depression and suicide awareness and intervention for Lifeline and beyondblue
'07 ML GLXR 3.2L as seen in Australian 4WD Action issue 238
emjayar

Postby mannjizle on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 pm

Yeah that's good I was after some nice strong ones I wanna get a transfer case one as well
mannjizle

Postby mannjizle on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Little bit of painting today
mannjizle

Postby grandchamp on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Paint looks so clean. What paint did you use and how did you apply it?
grandchamp

Postby mannjizle on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:51 pm

Just a low gloss engine enamel from repco in saying that I should of done a light sanding to it so the paint sticks better but for 30 bucks for 2 cans and some tape I am happy with it if I get a scratch just need to give it a touch up and all is good
mannjizle

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups