Nicks White Lighting

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Nicks White Lighting

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 pm

G'day Lads and Ladettes,

Been hanging around the forum now for about 5months, and i can honestly say this has cost me more than a weekend in Vegas! Just got a bit done to the Triton so thought it was a bout time to kick off the Build Thread.

Click to view larger picture
First day after I picked her up in Sth Brisbane. As you can see, already has a canopy, 17inch rims with 265/65/17 Yokohama Geolander's on, and had a Tub liner and was wired for a duel Battery, however the 2nd battery had been removed.
Didn't really plan on doing to much to it, I bought it as my wife was a few months pregnant and my 2door 2wd hilux probably wasn't going to cut it anymore. However, after buying it and a few 4wd action mags, I soon caught the bug. And then I found this site……..God help the bank Balance!

First Mod i got was Electronic Rust Proofing, fairly cheaply thanks to my sister working for a dealer down in Bris.

After my first trip up the beach i realised i needed a decent bit of shade so went to the Caravan and Camping expo when it was on in Nambour and got myself a 2.5x2.5 ARB awning fitted up, Instant Shade!

Next up, after seeing what people said was one of the first mods that should be done, i purchased a set of Basha Bash plates. John from Basha was kind enough to hand deliver them straight to me, as he was driving up from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast for a family holiday a few days after i ordered them. So that weekend, I fitted them with a little help from my little girl, Miller.
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
Fitted, easy as.

That was to be it for a while as the wife was not to keen on me "wasting money" on a car, as apparently our priorities had changed! So for the next few months we went up the beach a few times, and i would sit and read NewTriton as much as I could! And one day a miracle happened, the wife agreed to me getting the Triton up to how i wanted!
I ordered and fitted up a 'The Black One' diesel chip, which feels like its added a tad more power, which will be good in the sand.
Also went down to my local 4wd shop, AVA in Kunda park and spoke to Erroll about what i wanted out of the ute and what he could help out with. So i placed an order for a duel battery system from Outback Touring Solutions, and a Rear Bar from TJM. Unfortunately there was a fairly long wait on the Rear bar, so i had to sit tight. Which gave me plenty of time to save up a bit more coin and order some more parts! After the Tax check came back, I ordered a TJM deluxe Bullbar, and a SAX Suspention 2inch lift to help carry the extra weight.
TritonNick

Re: Nicks White Lighting

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Before all that got fitted i read a bit more about tub liners on here and realised how often they needed cleaning out, so decided to pull mine out and get a Spray Liner in. Glad that i did as there was a bit of surface rust starting i the back corner. So got the spray done and the the battery fitted up.Click to view larger picture
This is a temporary set up for the time being as when I get the drawers fitted I want to get this box built into it somehow.
TritonNick

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Last week finally got the call from AVA that the front and rear bars were ready so booked it in for this week, but before everything got fitted, decided to head for a night camping in Kenilworth with the wife and bub for our 2nd wedding anniversary. It was HOT to say the least and poor little Miller couldn't get to sleep that afternoon so decided to pack her in the ute and go for a drive through the State Forest to see if she would sleep then. She was out before we'd left the camp grounds!
A few photos from the 2hrs spent driving round the forest.Click to view larger picture
Look out up the track to Jimna.

Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
Couple more from a little track off to the side we took. Stock suspension still.
TritonNick

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 pm

So today i picked her up after getting the rest of what I'd ordered fitted. had a few dramas with the paint job of the Bullbar but credit to TJM they took it straight back to the paint shop and had it back to the shop in a day, looking much better.
Front Bar with Big Red Spotties and Light Bar.Click to view larger picture
Rear Bar with spottie and reverse camera.Click to view larger picture
SAX Rear Leaf springs.Click to view larger picture
Front coil and shocks.
Sitting pretty now.
TritonNick

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm

TritonNick

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Nice work mate. That battery box looks pretty slick. Did it come already made up like that?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby TritonNick on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Nice work mate. That battery box looks pretty slick. Did it come already made up like that?

Yeah CD, came like that and it's a pretty nifty bit of kit I'd say, looking forward to getting some use out of it. The 12v sockets are however slightly obscured by the tie down so not sure if anything fits in yet while it's tied down.
TritonNick

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Looks like the recess should be deep enough to fit something in there. I'd sooner buy that than the plastic options out there.

Cowboy Dave

Postby ag9111 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 am

Where did you get the battery box from? Looks neat
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am

ag9111 wrote:Where did you get the battery box from? Looks neat

I bought it from my local 4wd shop, AVA (all vehicle accessories) in Kunda Park on the Sunshine Coast. It's an outback touring solutions battery box, looks a hell of a lot nicer than the plastic ones, just as CD said.
TritonNick

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:16 am

Nice job on all the accessories
Look like a good bit of kit to escape on the weekends with the wife and kids
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Robby on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 am

Looking good Nick.
Robby
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lunny on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 am

Jealous of where your light bar is.. If I put mine back there and I get caught again.. Classed as hooning law and car will be impounded... Dam traffic compliance and there defects lol

Looks good buddy.. I'll keep an eye out for it on the coast
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Butts on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 am

What's the rear bar worth, been tossing up between a Tjm and an Arb?
Butts

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:28 am

Butts wrote:What's the rear bar worth, been tossing up between a Tjm and an Arb?

Was about $1350 painted and fitted. $500 cheaper than the ARB one, which was good enough for me.
TritonNick

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:32 am

Wow, that's a good price

Cowboy Dave

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Yeah I was very impressed with the price. Allowed me to spend the saved money elsewhere!
TritonNick

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:53 pm

I would have expected that price for the bar, then $300 for the paint and more on top for the install so you've done pretty well. That or I was ripped off when I bought my OL bar - which I couldn't rule out - but most people seem to be paying around $2k.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the drawers now. Also wishing I'd started a build-up thread way back at the start. If I ever commit to one it will take me a week just to get it up and running.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Duck on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

That is a very nice looking ute :) Growing from the ashes, your little girl is looking under the car & wondering why anyone would use Aluminum Foil as a bash plate :lol: :lol:
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Haha yeah, she's more than likely thinking "does he actually know what he's doing?"
TritonNick

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:I would have expected that price for the bar, then $300 for the paint and more on top for the install so you've done pretty well. That or I was ripped off when I bought my OL bar - which I couldn't rule out - but most people seem to be paying around $2k.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the drawers now. Also wishing I'd started a build-up thread way back at the start. If I ever commit to one it will take me a week just to get it up and running.

You got me thinking CD and I had a look over the reciept, I actually paid $1320 for it colour coded and I get the feeling they didn't charge me to fit it, everything else had a fitting price except the rear bar.
TritonNick

Postby Lunny on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 pm

In her head saying lefty loosey righty tighty lol
Lunny
Lunny

Postby TritonNick on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Lunny wrote:In her head saying lefty loosey righty tighty lol

I wish she'd of said it out loud! Might have saved me 10minutes.... :lol:
TritonNick

Postby Lunny on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Hey buddy, what headlights are you running??? They looked awesome...
Lunny
Lunny

Postby FredSmith on Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Lunny wrote:Hey buddy, what headlights are you running??? They looked awesome...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-BIG-RED-F ... 1282514084

According to the caption :oops: under the picture :oops: :oops: they are Big Red led as per the link above.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Member Build Ups