Nicks White Lighting

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Nicks White Lighting

Postby Lunny on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:24 pm

I meant headlight bulbs...

Saw him the other day....

I would have said spotlights if was asking about them...
Lunny
Lunny

Postby TritonNick on Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:36 pm

Hey mate, I'm not sure what they are, I never changed them so if they are different then old mate before me must have swapped them out. Have noticed the we're slighty crisper than normal.
TritonNick

Postby Lunny on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Looked nice, nice shine from them...

good looking rig mate...

white on white is 8-)
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Lunny FWIW I reckon the Philips xtreme vision +130% are the go in terms of whiteness and improving the stock lights. I lines mine up next to an ML with standard globes and it was like chalk and cheese. Mind you at 50 odd bucks a pair they'd want to be good.

Nick if you're wondering what's in there the name and model is usually printed on the flared metal ring part of the globe. Bit of stuffing around getting them out though.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby TritonNick on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks CD. What would you recommend for the fog lights in the bull bar?
TritonNick

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Not sure what lights they have in that bar to be honest. Also depends if your actually using them for fog I guess. I actually have a pair of nice white HID globes in mine that I bought from Nowforthe5th. The main reason was that I was using them offroad at night and was concerned they were getting too hot with the halogen globes and no airflow (after seeing steam come off the glass) and HID runs cooler. Possibly not legal but as I rarely use them I'm not so worried. Bit of extra stuffing around with ballasts and stuff though.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby lordjoe89 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi looks great. Was wondering if you got the saxs front coils and shocks if so are they any good. And do you like your rear saxs leafs as i am intresed in them for mine. Alos if you dont mind how much did they cost
lordjoe89

Postby TritonNick on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:11 am

lordjoe89 wrote:Hi looks great. Was wondering if you got the saxs front coils and shocks if so are they any good. And do you like your rear saxs leafs as i am intresed in them for mine. Alos if you dont mind how much did they cost

G'day joe, I did get the sax front coils mate and I've got to say they aren't bad, had a few teething problems like other ppl have had with suspension likes knocks in the front and sqeeky rear leafs but I can't complain to much. Cost me $2000 fitted but the place I got it done closed down about 2 weeks after so can't help you with thy sorry, and sorry for late reply.
TritonNick

Postby TritonNick on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 am

Been a while since I've done anything to the old girl, but having a baby and numerous little holidays doesn't lend itself well to spending money unnecessarily. However I have noticed the several times I've gone up boolumba creek or anywhere off road really dust was getting all through the rear tray, even with s canopy on and was covering my brand new waeco 65dz fridge so the other day I ordered dust seals from Mitsubishi. The quoted me 15minutes labour so figured I'd wait while they put them on. 2 1/2hrs later they said sorry we are struggling to fit it so here's a loan car, come back at the end of the day! Bloody nightmare!
TritonNick

Postby Lunny on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 pm

That's gold... Sorry we are finding it hard to fit a rubber seal...

Should of rang seal a fridge lol
Lunny
Lunny

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups