GLXR 4x4 hunting build up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: GLXR 4x4 hunting build up

Postby Trentd on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Yea scumbag! I can take a few more photos of you want? They are like Dave said! The arb outback ones! Sliding top! They have all the fridge points and that there too! Let me get some photos and try get them uploaded!

Duck, hahaha yep! Broke now! Window tint killed me, yea I lost it! Working on it in the front yard, dropped it, and it's gone forever ha!
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Ill take some photos of the drawers for you and upload some new stuff as soon as I have internet on my computer to use photo bucket! They are what Dave said! Arb outback
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Click to view larger picture

There you go! Hope that worked! Excuse all the shit, was in packing from a fishing hunting trip! Drawers perfect size for a gun/ fishing rods, and still leave enough space I can get 111l waeco esky in the rear or sleep in there if I ever have to!

And I tell you what, they breed the bugs bigger out there! Completely warped my number plates! Ha!
Gotta love standard issued plates that come out hilarious!

( 1CP1GS ) I see pigs haha
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:18 pm

Well done mate. Its the same model as mine and also black. Ha ha I like black it just looks better. You have done everything I have plus a bit more and looks good. I use mine hunting all the time and I just love my Triton. :D
deermaster

Postby Trentd on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

deermaster wrote:Well done mate. Its the same model as mine and also black. Ha ha I like black it just looks better. You have done everything I have plus a bit more and looks good. I use mine hunting all the time and I just love my Triton. :D

Smart man! Yours looks great! Where are you from! Would be funny if I saw you out hunting' 2 black tritons built up would look pretty insane coming down the track and the road!
Trentd

Postby mattz on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 am

Where and what do you mainly hunt?
Personally I don't hunt but I've seen a lot of deer around over the last 12 months while I've been driving the roads or tracks in the high country and thought that a little unusual.

Some of those new number plates are funny. They've even had to recall some because they were rude and obviously rude. :lol:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:48 am

mattz wrote:Where and what do you mainly hunt?
Personally I don't hunt but I've seen a lot of deer around over the last 12 months while I've been driving the roads or tracks in the high country and thought that a little unusual.

Some of those new number plates are funny. They've even had to recall some because they were rude and obviously rude. :lol:

Yeah just around high country and some state Forrest's closer to home!
They have absolutely boomed In the last couple of years and are starting to become a pest breaking farmers fences and running onto roads closer to suburbia!

Hahaha, I couldn't believe it! I was like if only I was a pig hunter! And then thought oh hell! I better not get pulled up from the police thinking they're custom
Trentd

Postby scumbag on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:52 am

looking real good mate, what ever paddock they have you in as an apprentice must be a good one!
those draws are the only ones so far that iv seen that look any good, all the others look like they take up way to much room and give no storage, arb bull ball looks shit hot too

hopefully i can get mine looking like yours by the end of the year! keep it up good stuff
scumbag

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:03 am

scumbag wrote:looking real good mate, what ever paddock they have you in as an apprentice must be a good one!
those draws are the only ones so far that iv seen that look any good, all the others look like they take up way to much room and give no storage, arb bull ball looks shit hot too

hopefully i can get mine looking like yours by the end of the year! keep it up good stuff

Thanks for the kind words mate! Haha definitely not, my apprenticeship is terrible. Underpaid, no over time pay, just trying to work my ass off whilst I can! Never know with job security these days. Work as hard whilst I can. Keep my weekends free, and burn all my money on the triton and misses haha
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Trentd wrote:
deermaster wrote:Well done mate. Its the same model as mine and also black. Ha ha I like black it just looks better. You have done everything I have plus a bit more and looks good. I use mine hunting all the time and I just love my Triton. :D

Smart man! Yours looks great! Where are you from! Would be funny if I saw you out hunting' 2 black tritons built up would look pretty insane coming down the track and the road!

Yeah I love it and I reckon it looks good too. I am up in Qld but hunt NT and Cape York a bit too :D

deermaster

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 pm

That's a serious set of head gear those bulls had! Bloody hell! If I'm ever up your way we will have to set up a hunt! Incredible!

That river crossing photo is sweet! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've got to start taking more photos!
Looks like you can set up a mean camp out of it as well!
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:27 pm

Trentd wrote:That's a serious set of head gear those bulls had! Bloody hell! If I'm ever up your way we will have to set up a hunt! Incredible!

That river crossing photo is sweet! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've got to start taking more photos!
Looks like you can set up a mean camp out of it as well!

The river crossing was a sweet spot and way off the beaten track, just as well no break downs out there as would need a chopper to get in to get us. :lol:
The bulls heads left a few grooves in the back of the bull bar, sort of like a memory thing. I should also take far more photos as never take enough. I should have taken one when I was bogged to the tray in a soft creek, but was too worried about getting out and the winch and two long snatch straps made it far enough to get to a decent tree. :D
Those camp stretchers are the go, comfy as and just roll out our swags on them. For $100 each for jumbo they are great.
Always have some tucker and frypan and KFS etc in the drawer in back, drinks and etc in the Engle. Camp usually takes us five minutes to set up and about ten to roll swags and fold up stretcher and be ready to go. We got pretty good at it doing it every night on the drive up to NT and then back down and across and up the Cape etc. :D
deermaster

Postby scumbag on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words mate! Haha definitely not, my apprenticeship is terrible. Underpaid, no over time pay, just trying to work my ass off whilst I can! Never know with job security these days. Work as hard whilst I can. Keep my weekends free, and burn all my money on the triton and misses haha[/quote]

well uv got the right attitude thats for sure! good too see it will put you ahead of alot of others, keep it up and dont let it beat you, because once your done its well worth it.

burn your money if it makes you happy i have been for about 8 years now, dont regret a thing!
might not own a house but sure do have some cool shit !
scumbag

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Deer master
That is unreal! I had that feeling when a situation like that happens! Shot a deer, walked back to get the triton, followed up the track, bam massive massive vertical cliff and no room to turn around! Only up! Attempted it full power all the way up! Triton killed it but was absolutely terrifying!
Yea I just have a swag! Need to get those stretches! I just open up the canope and use the tailgate with the flat sheet metal on it as a kitchen top! Place the cooker on it, set a few angled tarps up and that's camp! Usually I go off on a pack hunt!! Where I hunt it's a lot more forrest and thick gully's! How good is it though that you can do so much with these cars! Amazing!

Hahaha scumbag! That's it! All about some seriously cool shit!
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:53 pm

I'll show you
Last edited by Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Gotta love the outdoors and the toys we get to play with in it! Here's some of my hunting grounds deermaster
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Trentd wrote:Click to view larger picture

Gotta love the outdoors and the toys we get to play with in it! Here's some of my hunting grounds deermaster

Ha ha good stuff mate, here;s some more of mine :D

Some scenery below this was in the absolute middle of nowhere no roads for many miles

Cooktown on the way back

A hill I just had to drive over ha ha

Guess where this is??

The rough track out

Cape Tribulation
deermaster

Postby Trentd on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:45 pm

My god there's some nice areas up there! Definitely going to be on my to do list!
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Trentd wrote:My god there's some nice areas up there! Definitely going to be on my to do list!

Thanks mate, I am off up there again this year too,, NT first for a couple of weeks then up to Weipa and visit a mate and do some more fishing, then down and meet up with mates brother and his friend and off to a big property to hunt for another week. can hardly wait. :D :D
deermaster

Postby Trentd on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Yea nice! Good luck! I'll look out for the photosb
Trentd

Postby deermaster on Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:30 pm

Trentd wrote:Yea nice! Good luck! I'll look out for the photosb

That will be a lot later in the year as August is usually the time we head up that way :D
deermaster

Postby Trentd on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:14 pm

Fitted some black halo headlights! Look pretty good! Would love the tmr ones! Unfortunately my budget couldn't cover them :(

Oh well! Still happy with them!
Trentd

Postby Ticker on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:50 pm

how do you rate the headlights from the original ?
Ticker

Postby Trentd on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Ticker wrote:how do you rate the headlights from the original ?

These are the ones from mars, actually quite good!
I need to go get some new bulbs as I still have the yellow ones in and can't compare too much as I found my other ones far superior!
Though in saying that the projector works well! Cuts off and leaves a nice visible line, good peripheral flood, decent distance!
Adjustability is ok, can go up and down haven't figured out if you can go left and right yet, doesn't appear so!

But other than that I say go for it! Not even a noticeable difference! And they look so much better
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:33 pm

So it's been a while, but I have finally added a few more bits and pieces!
Convinced myself to get an awning for the winter hunting trips and summer fishing trips, fitted it up and cracked a cold one under it and instantly knew I made a good decision, up next I had a bit of bad luck but decided to make it good luck, snapped my only key in half... Shaft straight out of the plastic! Now I know the saying " if you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough " is pure gold, but unfortunately it only worked half the time leaving me with an engaged immobiliser and a car that won't start.. So I had it towed home, got it started one last time and took it straight to wantirna mitsubishi! There they rebuilt my broken key for free.. Cut and programmed me a new one the same day, and then I couldn't help myself but have them add a chrome catch can and plumb it all up! Looks great, fantastic job! Really happy with the end result and they looked after me well! Well worth the money!

Trentd

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups