Jimmy's Little Truck

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Jimmy's Little Truck

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 am

Hey guys,
Finally got my hands on my new 2015 MN Triton.
Stupid me parked in a drain the first day and it stormed over night, came out and it had slid in! Bogged haha
But lucky me, I did get carried away and basically had a pile of parts ready to go from when i got it from the dealer. ;)
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture[/URL[URL=http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/jimy1989/media/IMG_3613_zps8ikftvte.jpg.html]Click to view larger picture
Jimy89

Re: Jimmy's Little Truck

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 am

So Started Bolting my gear on.
35mm spacers, which give 2.5-3" lift
3" straight through exhaust
20" Ballistic Wheels, 33x12.5 Federal Mud Terrains
Scan Guage
EGR Block
Oversized Hard Piped Intercooler pipes
Pod Filter
Catch Can
Wrapped Engine Cover
Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:33 am

Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am

Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am

Click to view larger picture
Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:35 am

Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:35 am

Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Jimy89

Postby Jimy89 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 am

Now looking to get a black sports bar, Jungle Flares, 35mm Wheel spacers, 2" body Lift, Windbooster kit, Paint the sidesteps black, Bigger intercooler, Led Light bar..
So its all starting to come along nicely :D :D :D
Jimy89

Postby Naff on Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 am

Looking good... I looked at those wheels when doing mine but wasn't convinced they would work.

Wrap is different for the engine cover - will it hold up to the heat in the engine bay?

When looking for wheels for mine, it was suggested that I could use some 10mm wheel spacers to open up the options of available wheels to me. But looking into it more I found it was more than likely going to end in tears due to legalities. You are going to draw a lot of attention with the 20" 33's as it is, the 35mm spacers might push an authority over the edge...
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Duck on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:00 am

A Machine, so much in such a short time frame, the ute will be finished before you get your first service :lol:
Wheels look good :) Do you get much road noise from them ?
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:18 am

Nice truck. Mate, not trying to rain on your parade but...

Jimy89 wrote:35mm spacers, which give 2.5-3" lift

I guess that you have read this thread?

Jimy89 wrote:Pod Filter

Is that a really good idea on a 4WD fitted with muddies which I gather mean that you intend to be mixing it with mud and water? Most people go for a snorkel.

Jimy89 wrote:20" Ballistic Wheels, 33x12.5 Federal Mud Terrains

With the spacers you'd already be at or above maximum legal lift. These wheels and tyres will take it way over. Are you intending to have it engineered?

Jimy89 wrote:EGR Block

Catch Can

The electronic EGR solution works better than the plate block and means that you don't need a catch can. Any reason why you think you need this?

Jimy89 wrote:35mm Wheel spacers

Which you realise are highly illegal?

Jimy89 wrote:2" body Lift

Which, with the tyres and spacers will give you 5-6" of lift. That's pretty big. Again, engineered?
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:51 am

Well it is certainly a little different.

Can I make a suggestion though? Your tyre size is already illegal in NSW and you're proposing illegal wheel spacers. Others will comment about that I suppose. But you might be better off not posting images that so clearly show your number plate on a public forum. For all I know you've had it all blue plated so that it's legal now but I'd hate to see some traffic cop or RMS dude get your number plate off this site and plug you into the database for later action.

It might be better to just blur the plate or stick tape over it or something when you take your photos?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby borngeek on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Good work. Love the custom intercooler piping. 8-)
Rims not my bag, not any dishhhhh. :P
Will look crazy with the jungle flares and body lift. Personally would not do the spacers, each to their own.

//You prob getting P0103 codes on your scangauge...? (oh and a pretty yellow light)
Ways to work around it when it happens. ;)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tacticaltriton on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Cool mods bro.
tacticaltriton

Postby triton_guru on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Looks good mate, where did you find the intercooler piping? Definitely attract some attention but 4wds are becoming alot more main stream so soon enough 4wds will be the new skylines etc and i dont know a single 4wder who's car isn't illegal :lol: Not saying you should do all the illegal stuff haha be careful with the wheel spacers I heard of a bloke shearing the wheel studs on the spacer and will over took him and when they looked into the spacers the studs weren't even a high grade haha, not to mention in not sure how they do if your towing? But hey bloody nice truck and very quick build haha ps spray paint the strut spacers black haha try and hide them a little bit ;)
triton_guru

Postby Tony on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Soon as I seen the pod filter I knew this guy was not concerned about the legality thing. :lol: (As CD has suggested, perhaps edit the photos and disguise the number plate unless you have same care factor as I do these days) :lol:

Looks very cool, would look awesome with TMR lights fitted in black.

Like the little toy on the car trailer too. 8-)
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mickkk on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:12 pm

triton_guru wrote:Looks good mate, where did you find the intercooler piping? Definitely attract some attention but 4wds are becoming alot more main stream so soon enough 4wds will be the new skylines etc and i dont know a single 4wder who's car isn't illegal :lol: Not saying you should do all the illegal stuff haha be careful with the wheel spacers I heard of a bloke shearing the wheel studs on the spacer and will over took him and when they looked into the spacers the studs weren't even a high grade haha, not to mention in not sure how they do if your towing? But hey bloody nice truck and very quick build haha ps spray paint the strut spacers black haha try and hide them a little bit ;)

My truck is legal..... Well apart from the smashed rear number plate light which will soon be fixed.
But I'm sure the fella hasn't come here to get lectured about the legalities of his truck, however cd makes a good point on blurring your number plate, you never know.
Also if you want to save a few bucks I wouldn't bother paying for insurance, as it will be all in vain and you will have no chance of any pay out, not to mention if you take our a shiny merc or something.
mickkk

Postby Tony on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:23 pm

On insurance, I not entirely agree you would be 100% wiped by default as depends on circumstances. Just don't cause an accident.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 pm

And be prepared to fight you insurance company if you do cause it.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 4wd26 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Looks the goods
Jungle flares will complete the triton though
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Naff on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:07 pm

100%.. look for the brisbane based ebay seller of the flares.. half the cost of thai sets and are a good fit
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby triton_guru on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:28 pm

mickkk wrote:
triton_guru wrote:Looks good mate, where did you find the intercooler piping? Definitely attract some attention but 4wds are becoming alot more main stream so soon enough 4wds will be the new skylines etc and i dont know a single 4wder who's car isn't illegal :lol: Not saying you should do all the illegal stuff haha be careful with the wheel spacers I heard of a bloke shearing the wheel studs on the spacer and will over took him and when they looked into the spacers the studs weren't even a high grade haha, not to mention in not sure how they do if your towing? But hey bloody nice truck and very quick build haha ps spray paint the strut spacers black haha try and hide them a little bit ;)

My truck is legal..... Well apart from the smashed rear number plate light which will soon be fixed.
But I'm sure the fella hasn't come here to get lectured about the legalities of his truck, however cd makes a good point on blurring your number plate, you never know.
Also if you want to save a few bucks I wouldn't bother paying for insurance, as it will be all in vain and you will have no chance of any pay out, not to mention if you take our a shiny merc or something.

Haha I'm sure it is mate just like mine is :)
triton_guru

Postby motoz on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:29 pm

I like the look.

As others mentioned for off road use the pod isn't the most practical. It will be sucking a lot of hot air in also, some heat shielding and a cold air intake will fix this.

Is the 'sticker burst' engine cover hydro dipped ??? If so its pretty trick I like it.

I'll be watching this build progress.

8-)
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Member Build Ups