Imax's Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Imax's Build

Postby Imax on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:28 pm

I have had my GLX for nearly 12 months now. At first it barely got used as I still had my previous Land Rover to get rid of and a work car for during the week. More recently I have been getting stuck into setting it up to be able to get away camping quickly and easily on the weekends.

I don't have a heap of gear on it yet and at this stage I am planning on just adding a rear bar, snorkel and sorting out a second battery. I can't decide on which rear bar I prefer out of the TJM and ARB. Every time I see one or the other on a Triton I change my mind.

The first additions were a set of track mounted Rhino Racks utilising the cross bars from the Disco. A Great White LED driving light and GME UHF with the main unit tucked up behind the dash.

Click to view larger picture

While the dash was apart I fitted up a 6 switch panel in the single DIN slot. I wired everything in one go so that I didn't have to pull the dash apart multiple times. Not all of the switches are used currently I just ordered all of the ones that I expect to use as they came from the states.

The next big addition was the roof top tent and racks to go with it. The Thule racks are great because they are height adjustable so I can travel with the tent low and lift it up when we get to camp. I really wanted a canopy but the cost and impracticality at this stage with how the Triton is used meant this was the best option for us at the moment.

I am just putting the finishing touches on some of the wiring in the engine bay and will sort out the portable second battery in the next few weeks. I have also got the ok from the other half to put some money aside for the rear bar.
Imax

Re: Imax's Build

Postby tacticaltriton on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Tent's a beauty!
tacticaltriton

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:56 pm

that's some nice work
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby psaunders on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:28 pm

Looking good! 8-)
Love where you put the switches!
psaunders

Postby Imax on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:46 pm

There have been a couple of additions since I last updated this. A month or so ago I got myself a TJM rear bar. I am really happy with the quality of the bar and it appears that it will take quite a hit.

I also got myself a set of stainless bash plates. After reading the comments about the originals I thought I had better replace them sooner rather then later. I knew the originals would be light but didn't expect them to be so light. The replacements will do well.

Now I have to start working on a snorkel and eventually a lift.
Imax

Postby willotriton on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Hey Imax please check your PM,

Cheers,

Willo
willotriton

Return to Member Build Ups