Whos Truck is this?

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Whos Truck is this?

Postby kwyjibo on Thu May 07, 2015 4:52 am

halminator wrote:Nice!! If you don't mind me asking... what roof rack is that???

Made that one myself, anything available for the triton is too short in my opinion so i made a tradesman rack how I like it, the brackets bolt through the gutter tracks in the roof for strength, and is 1400 wide and 1850 long, it over hangs the front and back of the cab but i like it... Very practical! Lots of places to mount light bars and other accessories!

Also made it very low profile so i can still fit under a 2.03m carpark easily with it on, many others from arb etc were quite tall.

As you can see its not quite finished yet, still covered in cold gal silver... Will get it powder coated one day lol
kwyjibo

Postby Naff on Thu May 07, 2015 6:53 am

paddstar69 wrote:Hi naff
How much work is it to fit up the front jungle flares with the sahara bar. I have the sahara bar and was thinking about fitting a set of fronts.
Cheers steve

I took this photo to show the cutting of the flare required but then I remembered some of the bar had to be cut too.. didn't get a photo of that..

Click to view larger picture

In my mind it's not the best solution.. but it is the easiest in the short term. If I had the ability, i would have liked to extend the bullbar out to meet the flare and have it cut straight across the bottom. If you have an x-rox like Kwikjobs, this is less of a problem as you can space out the wings of the bar. But for now, it is what it is and it doesn't detract from the look.

As for cutting of the bullbar, you basically need to trim it back so it isn't visible behind the flare.

Remember if you trim anything, hit the exposed section of metal.. or fibre glass.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby paddstar69 on Thu May 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks naff
Gives me something to think about. Love the colour of the tri no hiding when your out you can't get away with anything :lol:
What's the size/offset/ make of the rims and tyre size
Cheers steve
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
paddstar69
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Naff on Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 pm

paddstar69 wrote:Thanks naff
Gives me something to think about. Love the colour of the tri no hiding when your out you can't get away with anything
What's the size/offset/ make of the rims and tyre size
Cheers steve

Just makes it easy to find if stolen

Rims are 16x8, 0 offset. Make is Crossfire, Rambo. Tyre size is 305/70/16.
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups