Jimmy's 2007 GLX-R ML build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Jimmy's 2007 GLX-R ML build

Postby The Village Idiot on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm

So guys, I figured I'd start off posting here with the glorious pride of the fleet, my truck who is yet to be named, but rest assured it shall be something alluring and feminine. (dont let the missus see this)(please) :P

Photos to follow tonight as im working on a project and it gets dark too early these days, but I digress.

Here is a non exclusive list of toys and mods and things and improvements etc.

ARB Front and rear air lockers
Compressor (kinda silly having the lockers and no compressor huh)
Reversing Camera
Reversing Sensors
Caravan brake controller
ARB canopy
Dept of Interior dual drawers
LED lighting in tray/canopy
ARB Tradie roof racks
ARB Rock sliders
ARB Deluxe bullbar
ARB Safari Snorkle
Custom drivers and passengers seats
Rear seat removed, Dept of int. shelf installed
Engel 65L fridge/Freezer
2.5" lift
Old man emu shocks (Because that ride is so worth it. Factory suspension? Please)
Airbag suspension in rear
Long ranger fuel tank
Stock rims with (and this may ruffle some feathers in the coop) Bridgestone ATs

So that's my girl at the moment (Again missus. Don't tell her), but im considering thinking of doing a few things
1. Put rear seats back in, relocate fridge to tray potentially at cost of one drawer for fridge slide
2. Converting a drawer to be a sink/kitchen slide
3. Rooftop tent (top heavy, I know)
4. Switching from the AT's to muddies seeing as she doesn't see much daily driving. I've got the room so why not

And my current project is to install a Suzuki Garmin infotainment system (Double din, ipod, bluetooth, usb, satnav, aux, android OS with an amazing touchscreen thats actually useful) as the headunit and relocate the trip computer to the single din socket. Ill post up a separate thread on that once i have a play this weekend and some photos but ill definitely be using that digoptions thread for the install.

Why Suzuki? because I also own a swift for daily driving (SO CHEAP!!!!!) and the head unit is amazeballs!!
The Village Idiot

Re: Jimmy's 2007 GLX-R ML build

Postby Crash486 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Sounds awesome, can't wait for the pictures, especially the amaze balls unit!!
Crash486

Re: Jimmy's 2007 GLX-R ML build

Postby The Village Idiot on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:44 am

Ok so its been a little while now, but here are the pictures.

All located here in my google drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B62fg53BaJ5ofndDTGN3ZXQ0c0hMY1YzRnljamgzSDVfRW9CUjhVeENGMUZwLXB6VjdROVE&usp=drive_web

Oh and on a slightly embarrassing note, I said Bridgestone AT's earlier. I meant BFG AT's. :?

Click to view larger picture

Not sure if you can see it but the water tank is at the very back of the tub.

And so here is the head unit, FINALLY!!! took me ages to get it fitted, had to "fabricate" (almost destroy) the existing brackets as it just wouldn't quite fit. But it has GPS, Radio, USB, Aux, SD card, Bluetooth, CD player, along with reverse camera inputs.

It was a bit of a mission with a few cut fingers but i got there in the end. Also, seeing as this is a factory Suzuki unit I had to create my own harness going from the Triton 14 pin plug to the Suzuki 20 pin plug.

Just need a single din plate to cover the hole where the old radio went. and to mount the USB socket. Also might relocate the 12v lighter socket to that plate and relocate the old HUD to in front of the gear stick.

Last thing I need here is to find the speed indicator wire and/or the park brake wire so the GPS can see the vehicle is actually in motion and not in park.

Oh and some LED lighting in the rear. NEEDS MORE LIGHTS!!

The Village Idiot

Return to Member Build Ups