The beginning.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

The beginning.

Postby JoshM on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey guys, introduced myself in the introductions forum (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18830) and though that I would start a build thread.

So here goes.

2015 GLX+ Triton

Brought at 10 months old with 18,000km's.

The car was stock standard, coming with some rubber mats and some 16*8 ROH black wheels with 265*75 muddies along with the factory wheels and rubber.

First thing I did was order some slim line black and white number plates when I transferred it. I also got a dash mat, upgraded the headlight globes to some 120+ and got a tonneau cover.

I have a OL post type bullbar on the way which should be fitted next week and following this some spotties for the front. I hope to burn the skippies off of the road before I reach them as where I work there are 100's of them. We work 12 hour shifts too so are mostly driving at dawn and dusk especially this time of the year.

Picked up a TJM portable compressor and a recovery kit from the 4wd show the other week (also where I got the bullbar). At a good price too.

EGR mod/kit is in the post and i'm lookng to order some seat spacers also. After 5 hours in the car today they are a must. I really don't know why the Triton seats sit so flat.

Also picked up a fog light switch to go besides my traction control switch which will fit in the blank from air on board ebay.

Will get some photos up at some stage soon. I'm off to read about UHF's as this will probably be my next addition.
JoshM

Re: The beginning.

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Good start, Josh. Keep us up to date. ;)
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby JoshM on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Yeah will do. Also thanks mate I have read allot of your posts (along with allot of other peoples good posts) over the last couple of weeks with some great information in them, especially for someone that is just starting to get into it.
JoshM

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Geez mate you've nailed it from the start. Bash plates will be needed if you're heading off road. Apart from that it looks like you've got it well covered.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby ML2008 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum JoshM, looking forward to seeing your build photos as they become available
ML2008
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JoshM on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks guys.

The EGR mod from tony@spvindustries.com went on when it arrived last week. The hardest part of that install was finding my keys. Although there are other options I can highly recommend this plug and play (as such) option.

Here are some photos. Bullbar went on today, Looks good I reckon and with the change of wheels tomorrow for the trip next week to Robe SA it will look a different car.
Click to view larger picture
Switch for the fog lights from air on board
Bit of a difference in size. Although the muddie is in the foreground.
JoshM

Postby JoshM on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Just got knobbed by this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16710&hilit=replacement+dash+knobs&start=100

Had to buy some ... haha.
JoshM

Postby JoshM on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Wheels are on, looks and drives different of course.
Picked up a rear recovery point this morning, also made up some canvas pockets with velcro for behind the rear seat.
JoshM

Return to Member Build Ups