Mn Triton Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby mra11ytriton on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:37 pm

braydenc wrote:New update
2nd battery installed Iron man Dual battery tray
Gauges are installed boost and Voltage
Roof rack installed


Awning is on got it from 4wd super center

Click to view larger picture

Also fitting the LED Camp lights tonight.

HI Mate
wondering where did you get your roof racks for the canopy looking to do the same any help would be great.
cheers
mra11ytriton
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:00 am


 

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:31 am

HI Mate
wondering where did you get your roof racks for the canopy looking to do the same any help would be great.
cheers



Hey mate It was a Ebay job cost about $150 if my memory serves me correctly but they have 2 poles across the rack which have clamps on the end to hold it to the factory bars then they are tightened with a socket.
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby Ricky on Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Any chance you have a photo of your volts and boost gauges installed in the cups?
Ricky
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:42 am

Ricky wrote:Any chance you have a photo of your volts and boost gauges installed in the cups?


sure can Ill take one tonight.
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby metalheadperth on Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Heya Gang,

I noticed in the topic that someone was looking at installing aftermarket / pod Guages either on the A Pillar or ontop of the dash. I was just wondering if anyone has done this yet and can advise good guages / brand that come with a neat / sexy looking POD/ Guage holder.

Im chasing a compass with inclinometer and maybe somethign with Oil Pressure, outside temperature, boost, digital clock and looks nice to suite the inside of the Trion MN :), Thanks in advance.
metalheadperth
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby 1manwolfpack on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Nice looking rig mate, how are you finding those tyres? I am trying to decide between those and the dueler 697s!
1manwolfpack
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:24 am

1manwolfpack wrote:Nice looking rig mate, how are you finding those tyres? I am trying to decide between those and the dueler 697s!


There good mate I have put 2000ks on them so far the car came with some HIFLY rubbish tyres with little to no grip on or off road so from them they are a huge improvement... but again the starting tyre was rubbish.

I was looking at the 679s and spoken to a few locals with them on and they rate them its a popular tyre but I wanted something different to the norm so I gave Maxxis a chance

Pros,
Great off road for sand and (light) mud very good self cleaning great grip.
Fairly cheap I got mine for $202 per corner but this was mates rates in saying that I have seen them for $235
Seem to be wearing well so far Im going to balance after 5000ks and log how much I get out of them.
Great grip in the wet.


Cons
They are noisy on smooth road surfaces but on coarse there like any other tyre.
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby 1manwolfpack on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:06 pm

braydenc wrote:
1manwolfpack wrote:Nice looking rig mate, how are you finding those tyres? I am trying to decide between those and the dueler 697s!


There good mate I have put 2000ks on them so far the car came with some HIFLY rubbish tyres with little to no grip on or off road so from them they are a huge improvement... but again the starting tyre was rubbish.

I was looking at the 679s and spoken to a few locals with them on and they rate them its a popular tyre but I wanted something different to the norm so I gave Maxxis a chance

Pros,
Great off road for sand and (light) mud very good self cleaning great grip.
Fairly cheap I got mine for $202 per corner but this was mates rates in saying that I have seen them for $235
Seem to be wearing well so far Im going to balance after 5000ks and log how much I get out of them.
Great grip in the wet.


Cons
They are noisy on smooth road surfaces but on coarse there like any other tyre.


I am trying to ditch my stock tyres as well, at this stage anything will be an improvement.

Yea the 679s seem to be popular but like you I prefer something different for some reason...

The price seems good when compared to the duelers and should be able to cover up the noise with the radio. My first 4wd so not sure what to expect with the noise, hoping it is not going to be to excessive though haha
1manwolfpack
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:18 pm

1manwolfpack wrote:
braydenc wrote:
1manwolfpack wrote:Nice looking rig mate, how are you finding those tyres? I am trying to decide between those and the dueler 697s!


There good mate I have put 2000ks on them so far the car came with some HIFLY rubbish tyres with little to no grip on or off road so from them they are a huge improvement... but again the starting tyre was rubbish.

I was looking at the 679s and spoken to a few locals with them on and they rate them its a popular tyre but I wanted something different to the norm so I gave Maxxis a chance

Pros,
Great off road for sand and (light) mud very good self cleaning great grip.
Fairly cheap I got mine for $202 per corner but this was mates rates in saying that I have seen them for $235
Seem to be wearing well so far Im going to balance after 5000ks and log how much I get out of them.
Great grip in the wet.


Cons
They are noisy on smooth road surfaces but on coarse there like any other tyre.


I am trying to ditch my stock tyres as well, at this stage anything will be an improvement.

Yea the 679s seem to be popular but like you I prefer something different for some reason...

The price seems good when compared to the duelers and should be able to cover up the noise with the radio. My first 4wd so not sure what to expect with the noise, hoping it is not going to be to excessive though haha



There no highway terrain but there not intrusive in my opinion.
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby 1manwolfpack on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 pm

braydenc wrote:There no highway terrain but there not intrusive in my opinion.


Thanks for the info mate!
1manwolfpack
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:28 am

Click to view larger picture

Installed this little device today what a difference it makes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby Jacobie on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 am

I've been so up and down about the wind boosters. I really want one, but I haven't gotten around to it. Other mods keep getting in the way!

Is that the 9 mode one?
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
User avatar
Jacobie
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Ipswich, QLD

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:38 am

Jacobie wrote:I've been so up and down about the wind boosters. I really want one, but I haven't gotten around to it. Other mods keep getting in the way!

Is that the 9 mode one?


Hey mate,

http://www.4wdsupplies.com.au/windboost ... -mn-06-15/

no its the original one I believe I couldnt see a need for 9 stages of throttle control :lol: full attack is all I need 8-)
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby touser1 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:23 am

braydenc wrote:Click to view larger picture

Installed this little device today what a difference it makes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk


What is it?
touser1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:46 am

It's a windbooster. See the link above. Basically changes the signals from accelerator to ECU for the better.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
User avatar
Cowboy Dave
Moderator
 
Posts: 18098
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 pm

A new addition to the rig

Click to view larger picture
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:04 pm

Better full shot including angry misses Click to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby Jacobie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Looks good as man! Are they the supacentre ones, if so how much did they set you back?

P.s. I ended up getting a windbooster :twisted:
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
User avatar
Jacobie
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Ipswich, QLD

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Jacobie wrote:Looks good as man! Are they the supacentre ones, if so how much did they set you back?

P.s. I ended up getting a windbooster :twisted:


Yeah mate 7inch style they are pretty damn good to be honest I was trying to be negative but quality looks good light output is great yeah no complaints yet, the windbooster makes a huge difference in drive ability I wouldn't go with out it now
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby Jacobie on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Yeah same, I put it off for so long, couldn't believe the difference when i finally put it on.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
User avatar
Jacobie
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Ipswich, QLD

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 am

So a update on the car,

We have decided to keep the Triton for the next few years as we are quite happy with it no issues so far...

2017 will bring
2 inch lift with possible airbags
ECU remap with exhaust
Full Interior refurbished all silver panels etc to be re painted
New rear bar
Rear Eaton diff lock
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sun May 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Update decided to paint the rims gunmetal grey to compliment the silver looks alright I recon. Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby snakesoup on Sun May 28, 2017 5:12 pm

I like it mate ! what sort of paint did you use ?
User avatar
snakesoup
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Sun May 28, 2017 5:14 pm

This stuff bought it from supercheap. About 20 a can.Click to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

Re: Mn Triton Build

Postby braydenc on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Well I got the old girl lifted 2 inches from the guys at bridgestone Geraldton very very happy with the job the ride is fantastic firm but supple very good over coarse surfaces ill put a review up later on my channel but for now super happy with the height and ride.

Ironman
300kg rear constant
Foamcell shocks.Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
User avatar
braydenc
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:00 pm
Location: Geraldton W.A

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest