Glxr Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Glxr Build

Postby moses on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:02 pm

aids84 wrote:Nice looking build Moses. I highly recommend getting the reduction gears if you've been thinking about them. I put mine in a few weeks ago after a year of sitting on the shelf and they totally transform the vehicle on technical rocky stuff. No need to crash and bash through stuff anymore.

Thanks mate, which ratio did you end up with 2.7 or 3.15? I'm leaning towards the 2.7...
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby aids84 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:21 pm

moses wrote:Thanks mate, which ratio did you end up with 2.7 or 3.15? I'm leaning towards the 2.7...

I got the 3.15 in a group buy at the start of last year. They were a special run for the group buy, but it now looks like they're available off the shelf. There's a little bit more involved in fitting them but still fairly straightforward.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Did three days in the vic high country and did some masssssive climbs in 30degree heat, saw the temps reach 114degrees (and i didnt ease off) but never hit the red line. Had some spill from the overflow but she just kept trucking.

Guess if I didn't kill it there I should be safe :roll:

On another note, the old man just picked up a 2012 challenger.. I didn't have enough bad things to say about my Triton to turn him off.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Robe for the weekend. Was unstoppable.12-14psi in the KM2s and no mercy saw everything conquered first go.
There is now sand where there is never meant to be sand.

The more I punish this Ute the better it performs, but every time I see something else (patrol etc) make something look easy I keep doubting and wanting to change..

Maybe a tune and some work on the leaf springs to soften them up/get some more flex might have me happier.. everything else on the market is still a compromise, gu patrol - slow, 79 series - expensive, though the new gladiator Ute might be worth a look.

Anyway here’s some photos

Click to view larger picture
Click to view larger picture
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Towed the old mans camper trailer 8hrs today... kept an eye on the temps the whole way, nothing too crazy, highest temp I saw was about 105 which I know is high but not even close to the highest I’ve seen. Temperature gauge didn’t move.

Thought I was in the clear until I found limp mode.Happened twice in 20 minutes, both times were reasonable hills, high speed, high(ish) revs but temps didn’t get over 95.

No codes thrown (or at least visible on scanner), but engine light came on. Frustrating.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:15 am

Like cordless tools Moses? Just when you need em the battery is flat!

Must be your bull bar causing the over heating! ;) :ugeek: :lol:

I've wondered a few times whether a larger overflow bottle would be worth adding. The factory unit really doesn't have much capacity to cover stressful situations.

Do you still have the standard radiator?

I found after going all electric for the radiator, the double thickness core works much better than the piece of foil from the factory.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:15 pm

RHKTriton wrote:Like cordless tools Moses? Just when you need em the battery is flat!

Must be your bull bar causing the over heating! ;) :ugeek: :lol:

I've wondered a few times whether a larger overflow bottle would be worth adding. The factory unit really doesn't have much capacity to cover stressful situations.

Do you still have the standard radiator?

I found after going all electric for the radiator, the double thickness core works much better than the piece of foil from the factory.

Cooling system all standard. I’m sure it and the intercooler are due a flush.

What gets me is when I hit limp mode the temperature was fine... maybe overboosting? Will have to get Mitsubishi to throw their scanner on it to find out exactly what the cause was I guess.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Two more limp modes with the camper trailer on the way home today, damn dangerous at 100km/hr while overtaking.

Going to remove the muffler delete pipe and reinstate the muffler and get the code scanned at Mitsubishi in the morning.

It pissed me off so much I thought about pulling into a car dealer and trading it in on the spot.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby har05l on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm

It will be an overboost issue and won’t always throw a code. Mine is exactly the same and with 2.5t of van on the rear I’m very cautious of the fact when towing now.
If you have a boost gauge and a hill close by try a few tests with the camper on, first test hold it flat and next try with feathering the throttle.

The feathering technique works a treat for me and I’m constantly watching the boost gauge now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Even though it has never actually let me down, and it has gone everywhere it's ever needed to.. it's time to say goodbye. The Mrs has put her foot down, time for an auto and something more comfortable particularly if we are to be towing more. She has never liked driving it and flat out refused with a trailer hitched up.

Bits and pieces will start to come off it and it will be advertised after a quick tidy up. Shame, I was happy to sort out the overboosting issue and keep it. I will miss it.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Well, we bought a 2015 prado today... the triton is going.
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 am

Pwardo!

Joining the snob set moses? :lol:

If you're doing lots of towing a wagon is inherently better, with less distance from axle to tow ball and the body tying the whole package together better.

Hopefully you get a good run with this unit.
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby moses on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:09 pm

I don't feel like a Prado driver... and I definitely don't look like one :lol:

I've had a great run from the Triton, if I was the only driver I would have kept it. It hurts to sell something you've poured a heap of cash and time into, plus all the adventures. Oh well, time for a new buildup!
moses
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:15 pm

Most PEO people that have them seem pretty happy...but then....they probably haven't had a Triton or other Mitsi. :) :lol: :lol:
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups