'13 GLX+ build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

'13 GLX+ build

Postby skiddz on Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Thought I'd share my car. it's been a long slow build up, but I've gotten to a stage where I'm pretty happy with it! Having said that I still have a long list of mods and additions I'll get around to doing! :D

Came out of the factory with a soft tonneau and an ARB bullbar (this was a must as I live central QLD, and it's already paid for itself multiple times!!)

Click to view larger picture

One of the first things I did was get a spray on liner from Xtreme coatings in Brisbane. Best thing I've done, love it and still holding up strong ~3 years later. Also added some HID Cheapies from eBay wired into the cab. Use them alot and never have had any issues with them, even after a few animals taking them on. Will probably try some LED type ones next time though when these ones finally give up.

Also upgraded the stero, with 6inch splits in the front doors, and 6 inch 3-ways in the back. Have an amp mounted behind the back seat and a 12inch sub that sits on the floor behind the passanger. Can't fit anyone in the back left seat with the sub in, but it takes all of 30 seconds to take it out.

Also added a dual battery under the bonney, managed to squeeze a 70Ah deep cycle at the back, with a red arc dual sensing VSR.

And this is where she sits now. Other additions include: 265/70R16 Brdigestone A/Ts, 2 inch OME lift, second hand genuine canopy (which needs some work - watch this space), safari snorkel.

Going forward, need to do some 12v work to get the canopy to stage where I want it, with sockets and lights hardwired in to the tray. Project for the next couple of weekends. Also want to add roof console and a 2-way. Other than that, it's pretty much set up how I want it, ready to hit Birdsville races in a couple of months! :twisted:
skiddz

Re: '13 GLX+ build

Postby snakesoup on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 pm

looking tops mate, wish I was going to Birdsville too!! maybe there next year, is brophy still going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Return to Member Build Ups