mcnaughtys MN tourer

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

mcnaughtys MN tourer

Postby mcnaughty on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Hey everyone names Craig and bought a MN about 6 months ago. I been playing around here and there moding the car but when I bought it it had arb bull bar, canopy and underbody protection, it also had a long range tank and old man emu h/d suspension (stock height).
Click to view larger picture

Since I have owned it I have owned it I have modified a draw to suit the car (it's still a work in progress but it works for now) also has power to the rear with a switch board, lights,merit plugs and
USB power. I also mounted a uhf and a tablet in the car as a GPS and music hub.

That's all for now but there a lot more on the way a few projects already started and a few I'm still trying to work out how to pull off
mcnaughty

Re: mcnaughtys MN tourer

Postby Joel on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:01 am

The flip up tablet is a great idea. Cant believe i haven't seen it before.
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby mcnaughty on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:37 am

Yea I was playing around for ages to work out a way that I liked it
.. it's also on rare earth magnets to it can be removed completely and all that's left behind is the hinges that tuck up under the stereo surround
mcnaughty

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Any chance of a pic of the hinges? Just trying to picture it but mostly failing.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby mcnaughty on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Spent the last few weeks touring around the south west or WA , collie , Pemberton and yallingup region ... car performed awesome and made its way up and down some pretty full on tracks with no issues.
Today I fitted a chip it chip that I scored for $150 and a set of spotties I got super cheap as well Click to view larger picture
Chip has made a huge difference to overall power and response.
Have started to strip a console cooler I picked up that I'm going to transplant the internals into the existing center console and IL upload how that is progressing in the next few days
mcnaughty

Postby snakesoup on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:45 pm

hey mate, nice work ! what model chip it do you have and what tune you got it on ?
snakesoup

Postby mcnaughty on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

Not sure on the model but it's when they came with the egt gauge... it's on tune 5 at the moment which I'm sure is set up for a 3 inch exhaust which is coming soon
mcnaughty

Postby snakesoup on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 am

sounds like the one I have mate, have you put the egt guage on yet? I'm still unconvinced that mine is working properly to be honest or if it is then it's a bit underwhelming, you seem like yours is working well!
snakesoup

Postby mcnaughty on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Mine Is defiantly working... huge response difference and a noticible overall power difference. ... I'm about to bypass the chip until I get a egt gauge on it as its pumping out smoke on heavy acceleration

The unit never came with the egt gauge as it was second hand
mcnaughty

Postby snakesoup on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:24 pm

yeah well I'm thinking mine don't work then by the looks I put it on tune 9 and still not see any smoke
snakesoup

Postby mcnaughty on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Did you do the map sensor mod as well ??
mcnaughty

Postby snakesoup on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm

mod? the chip harness intercepts the map sensor as well if that's what you mean ?
snakesoup

Postby mcnaughty on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Yeah the older ones need you to splice 2 wires ... I think the newer ones are a straight plug in ... mine was straight plug but the instructions say to splice a few wires
mcnaughty

Postby mcnaughty on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Sorted out some new wheels ... there ssw cliffs had a fair bit of damage when i bought them from being driven on with a flat so i tidyd up all the gouges and scratches and painted them ... tyers are hankook dynapro rf10 resonably tame all terrain as i wanted minimal road noise ... look like a decent tyre and in a 265/65/17 the car feels and looks so much beter with this size

mcnaughty

Postby Minza on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:11 am

Looking 8-) mcnaughty, can't go past the black on white look, how'd you go with the cooler in the centre console, did you come up with something?
Minza

Postby mcnaughty on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Na unfortunately that project has gone on hold as the internals from the doner were way too big to fit... havent given up yet just just have to cone up with a new plan/ parts to fit to it. Cheers ... loving the look of the black on white and the alloys
mcnaughty

Return to Member Build Ups