Flips MN 2013

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Flips MN 2013

Postby Flip77 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Here is a look at my 2013 MN Triton. I will go through the changes I have made to make this as practical as possible for my needs.
Click to view larger picture

First off a K and N filter

A soft Tonneau cover was fitted with the loopless version. and an under lip tub liner installed.

I then fit an ARB steel bar to the front

and a factory (Hayman Reese) Towball to the rear

A set of ARB HID spotties for lighting the way. I powered them through an ARB wiring loom. I had issues with the passenger side light not igniting, it was replaced under warranty with very little trouble, and the second light did the same thing. I then pulled the light apart and reconnected all the plugs and it hasn't missed a beat since.

Dual batteries were fitted with a 316 stainless tray that came with hardware and mounted up perfectly using the existing bolt holes. It is an Offroad DownUnder product and I rate it, but with the lack of room under the triton bonnet it only runs a 70Ahr battery

Upon fitting the dual battery setup I had to wire a VSR to control it. I came up with Idea of fitting a plate over the 2nd battery clamp and mount it to the plate. keep it high and dry. but it just squeezed the wiper squirter hose enough to restrict the flow. so I rerouted the hose and all good

I put a 12 way fuse panel behind the rear seat with a 6mm B&S cable with a trailer cable to the front behind the dash to run 6 circuits easily and colour coded for ease of tracing. I have also fit Volt gauges behind the glovebox, so when the ignition is on I can open the glovebox and read the battery voltages without getting my Multimeter out.

Next was to fit a few Anderson outlets 2 in the tub, one each side, then one at the rear.

I have fit a few extra gadgets that I certainly don't find necessary but are great in their own way, are the Navman, the reversing camera and the dash cam. I then fit a permanently powered dual USB next to the dash cigarette lighter, a permanent power USB for the dash cam above the rear view mirror, and an ignition controlled USB for the Navman.
The USB leads for the dashcam and navman were motorcycle type USB sockets for mounting to the handlebars. I removed them from the mounting bracket and hid them in the dash. they are a small outlet with a sealed grommet and a prewired lead and fuse holder. Worked a treat. A UHF for the convoy missions with mates and emergencies
Click to view larger pictureAll this leads to the Triton being used for what it was made for. 4WDing through Port Lincoln and Coffin Bay National parks and many Eyre Peninsula wonders.

Well I finally started the list now to keep it up when I add to it, thanks.
Flip77

Return to Member Build Ups