Dog cover existing sports bar

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Dog cover existing sports bar

Postby tryhard on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi guys

This didn't work out as well as I hoped but maybe it'll start some better ideas ... didn't want a canopy this time or to remove the bars for no reason, so decided to use what was there to support a shade set up for the dogs .. went to local canvas place and they made this ($280) :

Click to view larger picture

It's a bit short / small for the real hot days, will test out over the next week - I think an extension on the rear part is needed (as it is though, it doesn't block any rear view)

Cheers
Carl
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Re: Dog cover existing sports bar

Postby jop on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 pm

I have seen a few made out of shade mesh - which would be cheaper/easier to work with?
jop

Postby tryhard on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:42 pm

yeah I was thinking waterproof first - cos they're spoiled .,. with maybe a shadecloth extension this time :)

Probably will wish I bought a canopy by the time I finish :p
---

tryhard

Postby Dylan 191 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 am

Something like this perhaps , can still open tailgate and it worked out pretty good
Home made from an old tonneaus cover ;)

Click to view larger picture

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2453&p=34595&hilit=Shade+for+me+mate#p34595
Marge bring me your address book ,4 beers and my conversation hat !!
Dylan 191

Postby tryhard on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:18 am

happy puppy :)
---

tryhard

Postby Rienoh on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 am

Quite good timing fellas, ive been wondering which way to go about this for my trip at xmas.
Rienoh

Postby amalinze on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:10 am

So your dogs dont get the front seat too? Maybe thats why my mrs gets pissed......
METHANOL INJECTION ROCKS!
amalinze

Postby tryhard on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:14 am

dunno if it helps but I got a quote for a rear sports/ladder bar style of thing to match the front for $300 (which I assume is way cheaper than anything factory, if there is such a thing) - I figured I could use that to anchor the shadecloth or whatever ... toying with the idea of doing that cos it would be ok for the beach etc - the mob was All Bars is anyone is Brissie based - looks like a good product - http://www.allbarsandracks.com/mitsubishi-1.html - but then again Dylan's looks fine like that. although with my dodgy reversing I might be better being able to see out the rear :)
---

tryhard

Postby BOSSONNOS on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

When we were in asia/Phuket last year i did notice that the Tritons and Hilux's over there had roll bars that went all the way to the rear corners of the tray and alot had canvas covers. would be cheaper than a canopy but i don't know if we can buy that type of roll bar here in OZ. I need more space/height in the tray but the wife doesn't like he look of canopies.

I'll look into some different bars and see if there is something available.

Dave
ML, 3.2, 75hp shot of NOS, sting chip, Manta 3 Inch exhaust,
IRONMAN Lift, IRONMAN dual battery monitor, dual batteries, Narva spotlights, tx300 2 way.
BOSSONNOS

Postby Silver Streak on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:10 am

I should ask a stupid question as a relative newbie to this site, but do the bars have be removed if a rear canopy is fitted??

Silver Streak.
Silver Streak

Postby amalinze on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:22 am

In short, yes.

The long answer involves you looking at the canopy thred that in on here somewhere to see all the canopies that newtriton owners have fitted.
METHANOL INJECTION ROCKS!
amalinze

Postby jop on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm

tryhard wrote:dunno if it helps but I got a quote for a rear sports/ladder bar style of thing to match the front for $300 (which I assume is way cheaper than anything factory, if there is such a thing) - I figured I could use that to anchor the shadecloth or whatever ... toying with the idea of doing that cos it would be ok for the beach etc - the mob was All Bars is anyone is Brissie based - looks like a good product - http://www.allbarsandracks.com/mitsubishi-1.html - but then again Dylan's looks fine like that. although with my dodgy reversing I might be better being able to see out the rear :)

Tjm geebung had a great range of rack/bar options for tradies, and i did hear that since the fire at geebung, coopers plains is having a pretty good fire sale
jop

Return to Member Build Ups