Quote for mods

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Quote for mods

Postby joddan on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:21 pm

I've obtained a quote from the Ironman store at Brendale for a heap of equipment for the ML GLX-R. It's pretty much what I expected, except for the installation quotes. I was expecting an overall quote, but it was individualised for each item, plus no discount or reduction for purchasing this much equipment at once.

Will take the same list to ARB over the coming days to see how they go and compare the products.

Any opinions on the list or preference over ARB/Ironman would be appreciated...

Commercial bull bar - $1089 (instal $385)
Winch - $799 (instal included with bull bar)
HID Lights - $770 (instal $88)
Dual battery kit - $1120 (includes instal)
Rear step tow bar - $685 (instal $220)
Side steps - $595 (instal $132)
Suspension - $1210 (instal $286)
Snorkel - $297 (instal $220)

Non installation purchases:
Recovery kit - $285
Exhaust Jack - $242
Compressor - $169
Tyre repair - $55

Total equip: $7316
Total instal: $1331
joddan

Re: Quote for mods

Postby al coholic on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah i know it probably seems expensive mate but dont forget there is at least 2 days for them to install all that stuff you want, and that is how a business like that will make thier money. They would be selling all those products with little mark up (hence no discounts on products) and relying on installs to make a profit.

I dont think the prices are too bad at all, but in saying that you do get what you pay for. There is no way ARB will even come close to those prices. Dont forget TJM......as good a quality products as ARB but a bit cheaper.

Good luck with it........let us know how you go.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby drover on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:33 am

I think you've got a fair deal there & being itemised I think it shows they are fair dinkum very see-through good buisness ethicks and makes it easy to compare other quotes. :)
drover

Postby mff64 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 am

I got the ARB bar and side rail/step, supply only for $1600 and $1010.
I don't know anything about the Ironman gear but by the prices it should do the job, where is it all made?
The only thing that might be a worry for me is will it stand up to rough and corrugated roads, is it mounted to the car properly in a way that it is not going to start braking mounting points off.
If you could get a look at the way ARB mount their bars and compare it to the Ironman it should give you a good idea.
"DROUGHTMASTERS" Australia's own
Eat more beef and be happy :-)
mff64

Postby joddan on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks for your feedback so far. I took Al coholic's advice and contacted TJM as well. This is the quote from them:

TJM T13 steel bull bar $1705 fitted
TJM Ox 9500lb electric winch $1240 fitted
Dual battery system with Red Centa isolater, Piranha petrol battery tray, and 8" deep cycle battery (40a/hr capacity)  $899 fitted 
Single power outlet to rear of vehicle $160 fitted
Lightforce HID 240 Blitz spotlights $1026 fitted
TJM RB6 rear step towbar $1386.50 fitted
TJM classique alloy side steps $615 fitted
TJM Airtec snorkel $700 fitted
TJM XGS suspension with Gold Edition struts & shocks, +35mm front springs, +30mm +200kg rear springs, bushes greasable shackles & U bolts  $2007 fitted  (note - this includes our "buy 3 get 1 free" offer on shock absorbers, available until January 23rd)

Total - $9578

Will wait for the ARB quote then decide which way to go. I could end up getting a mixture from the different stores depending on the product, eg I think I'd prefer to spend more money on the bullbar and winch.
joddan

Postby daryn on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:45 pm

I think at least you could do your lights and side steps yourself which could save you about $200. The more you can install, the more you are aware if something goes wrong. Also nearly every man and his dog sells Ironman, so it would not hurt getting a quote from a non-Ironman retailer who can install.

Snorkel wise I would go Safari over Airtec but have now seen that Ironman do one similar to the Safari, that is interesting. TJM down here can sell every brand, TJM, Ironman and ARB, maybe your TJM shop can get the Ironman stuff you want.

I would also suggest looking at the Avenger Mako winch over the 2 you are looking at, the OX seems overpriced.

Cant the petrol ml's have a 12" + 10" dual battery tray ? You could also by the cable and fittings for probably $50 or less and run the rear power yourself, it is pretty easy, save a $100, also stay away from the Ironman rear step tow bar, its a honkus thing, TJM or ARB for sure, does this include colour coding the bar and rear step and side steps ?

No recovery gear from TJM ????? Ironman side steps better than TJM I reckon.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby gregned on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm

theres a review of the TJM winch in 4wd action i think it wasnt that good for the money but the tiger 11 seems good value theres a video on youtube it has a better sealing setub and non drum brake for use on synthetic ropes.
Hills maketh the man
Why do you have to ride today? Because getting fat never takes holidays
gregned

Postby B dust on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm

I would check with your supplier on the delivery time to get a Ionrman snokel as I have been waiting for 8 weeks and there is still no answer on a delivery date. My local supplier said to call back at the end of the month to check progress :x. I hope they dont stuff you around that much.
B dust

Postby joddan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:49 pm

B dust wrote:I would check with your supplier on the delivery time to get a Ionrman snokel

It's not a supplier, it's the Qld head office at Brendale. Still not sure which way I'm going as yet. Waiting to hear back from ARB, but thanks for the heads up!
joddan

Postby sam on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

Had a quote today for the Ironman snorkle and reckon they may have given me the wrong price $295 so if this is correct might be worth waiting a bit longer.
Guy at head office said they had to make a few alterations to the instructions or something to keep another manufacturer happy so this has put the release date back a bit for snorkles :roll:
sam

Postby daryn on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:47 pm

Sam, I am sure that is their advertised price.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby QueenslandeR on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:46 am

How did the quotes end up going with ARB ??? ;)
QueenslandeR

Return to Member Build Ups