Rats Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Rear drawers compressor and tank added 28/2/10

Postby steve1961 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 am

ratstriton wrote:Ok it's been awhile since i have done anything to the triton but just put some wheels and tyres on. MTZ Mickey Ts :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Before
Click to view larger picture
After

You need to redo the pics in a better light Tim ... as they do it no justice after seeing it in the flesh ... one tough looking beast
thanks for tips as well ... looking forward to beer
cheers Steve
steve1961

Re: Rats Build Ultimate suspension ordered

Postby ratstriton on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Here you go steve
some photo's with better light and camera :D :D
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snowman on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Rats,

this is looking very very cool. 8-)

are the dynamic's 16x8 inch?

i am seriously thinking about going 33's .......nooooooooooo :lol:

how do you find the big tyres and the auto? i am looking at diff ratio costs i reckon, then engineering and DON'T LOOK BACK. :mrgreen:
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ratstriton on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Hey snowman
There dynamics are 16x7s ,the mtz go on no problem on a 7inch wide rim :D
You defiantly lose a little bit of punch but I don't use it as a race car so it hasn't bothered me at all. :D
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Rats Build Ultimate suspension on

Postby salt36 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Love the black rims Rats 8-)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby steve1961 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Looks awesome Tim much better pics ... heres a new pic of its not so evil twin

Last edited by steve1961 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve1961

Postby ratstriton on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Nice PIc Steve good to see it with some dirt on the tyers :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey why did the pic shrink it was bigger yesterday.
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby steve1961 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 pm

lmao ..i guess i washed the car and it shrunk

there you go Rehydrated it lol
steve1961

Postby steve1961 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 pm

Organized tyres and wheels today too
Will be allied savvanas or the black dynamics like you have
And iam going to stick to the 265’s either MTZ’S or BFG mt’s
Decided on the Kaymar too … stuff it although I did find a few pics of the ARB bar modded to carry a spare .. Place in WA does it and they look $hit hot
Haven’t cancelled the arb one yet … so still gives me 3 ish weeks to be a “ girl “ and change my mind LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:

steve1961

Postby snowman on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 am

steve1961 wrote:Decided on the Kaymar too … stuff it although I did find a few pics of the ARB bar modded to carry a spare .. Place in WA does it and they look $hit hot
Haven’t cancelled the arb one yet … so still gives me 3 ish weeks to be a “ girl “ and change my mind LOL

nice wheels. can you tell me where the ARB conversion info is please.
:)
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby steve1961 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

Its Ultimate 4x4 in wa ... but having just spoken to them its something that they only do " on vehicle " ... dam shame and just a bit far to travel to have done
http://www.ultimate4wdequipment.com.au/
steve1961

Postby ratstriton on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:03 pm

steve1961 wrote:Organized tyres and wheels today too
Will be allied savvanas or the black dynamics like you have
And iam going to stick to the 265’s either MTZ’S or BFG mt’s
Decided on the Kaymar too … stuff it although I did find a few pics of the ARB bar modded to carry a spare .. Place in WA does it and they look $hit hot

Hey nice wheels, Steve you know you will scratch them when we finally get you off-road go the dynamic's. :D
And don't be girl get the kaymar you know you want it. :D :D
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby steve1961 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Yes i know ... but hey they have to go on something ... i was thinking the same ... and the KAYMAR rear will take quite awhile if i have them fit it ... they are booked solid ... lol as bad as ARB ...and ditto on the bloody roof rack ... your lucky you have a big shed ...
steve1961

Postby ratstriton on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Ok put 20mm spacer's in front to bring it up a bit, I still think it look's a little nose down still or it could be just the drive making it look that way as it slopes towards the gate, also took a 100mm or so of the sides. :D :D :D
Before
After.

And the 100mm or so I took of :D :D
They are for sale no reasonable offer refused.
Just dont tell the wife she wont be able to get in now :D :D
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:55 pm

It does look alittle nose down. But so does mine. measure from ground to flare and ill do the same and we can compare. front is the same now with bullbar and 33's.
ML-VR08

Postby ultimate on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:02 pm

The vehicle looks great ;) The height variance between the front and rear is perfect. It's crucial to maintain this difference to ensure the correct weight transfer through cornering and braking. It also allows you to load up the back or tow a load without running the risk of the rear dropping too low. Keep up the good work and be careful of your sills without the sidesteps. I had to remove the ones off my Prado on the weekend after they were reshaped by a rock. Now the wife complains every time she has to hops in :lol: It would look awesome with some sliders.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby Steane on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:07 pm

I've got ultimate suspension and mine is definitely more nose down than I'd like, if I didn't have to get back to Melbourne I would have asked for it to be raised higher when I went back for the check-up. The ideal 50mm drop from back to front is closer to 80mm.

Can get it adjusted, which is the beauty of the ultimate setup, but wished I didn't need to.

Mind you, the feedback through the wheel on rough roads has gone, and if that has anything to do with the extra travel at the front then I'll just have to get used to the 1950s drag car look...which will suck...cos it looks stoopid :lol:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ML-VR08 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Hmmm dont get me started on wheel feedback! Mine is shocking - and i have no idea how to fix it.
(ps sorry for the hijack)
ML-VR08

Postby ratstriton on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 pm

ML-VR08 wrote:It does look alittle nose down. But so does mine. measure from ground to flare and ill do the same and we can compare. front is the same now with bullbar and 33's.

Will do mate when I get onto some flat ground pic's don't show but drive out the back is all over the place.

ultimate wrote:The vehicle looks great ;) The height variance between the front and rear is perfect. It's crucial to maintain this difference to ensure the correct weight transfer through cornering and braking. It also allows you to load up the back or tow a load without running the risk of the rear dropping too low. Keep up the good work and be careful of your sills without the sidesteps. I had to remove the ones off my Prado on the weekend after they were reshaped by a rock. Now the wife complains every time she has to hops in :lol: It would look awesome with some sliders.

Brendan thanks for clarifying that.
That is what I thought it should be doing but wasn't to sure.
Again Thank you Breandan for a great product I'm still smiling every time I drive it handles so well now.
Yep sliders are next for sure,the wife is going spit chips at me for taking the steps off, oh well always in the poo anyway it's just the depth that varies. :D :D :D
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Steane on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:38 pm

ML-VR08 wrote:Hmmm dont get me started on wheel feedback! Mine is shocking - and i have no idea how to fix it.
(ps sorry for the hijack)

Mine was with Bilsteins, but the Ultimate gear has improved it out of site. It was part of my brief to Brendan, and that may be why he's left me with some extra travel at the front (ie hasn't gone as high as you can), so I should keep my gob shut... :lol: I'd rather have it lower at the front than have the wheel banging around in my hands like it was.

Sorry for the hijack as well Rats... :D
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby steve1961 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:30 pm

ML-VR08 not that iam any expert ... but also having the crap bashed out of my hands with " other" shocks ... after i put the pedders in that vanished ... so i think thats more a problem with the shocks then the springs / ride height ... but i could be wrong
and Tim .. love the look without the steps .. but i think even the crappy mits ones would be better protection then none at all

PS Tim ... KAYMAR rear bar ordered today
brown & davis bash plates being fitted friday ( fitted or unfitted same price )
steve1961

Rats Build Ultimate suspension on

Postby ratstriton on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 pm

steve1961 wrote:ML-VR08 not that iam any expert ... but also having the crap bashed out of my hands with " other" shocks ... after i put the pedders in that vanished ... so i think thats more a problem with the shocks then the springs / ride height ... but i could be wrong
and Tim .. love the look without the steps .. but i think even the crappy mits ones would be better protection then none at all

PS Tim ... KAYMAR rear bar ordered today
brown & davis bash plates being fitted friday ( fitted or unfitted same price )

Yea I agree about the Mitsubishi sidesteps better than nothing but I will end up putting them back on if they don't sell so the wife can get in.

When do you expect to see the bar steve.
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby steve1961 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Ya game mate ... has she seen it yet ?
and they reckon about 4 weeks ... as i want it color coded to the flares / front bar
steve1961

Postby tassie_ml on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 pm

hi guys, re the side steps, I put the ironman steps on mine, they dont hang as low as the factory alloy steps (I got about an extra 30mm of clearance under them) and being all steel, they act as bit of a slider, as long as you dont drop down onto them hard they should stand up to some punishment....just fyi :D
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby ratstriton on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:56 am

tassie_ml wrote:hi guys, re the side steps, I put the ironman steps on mine, they dont hang as low as the factory alloy steps (I got about an extra 30mm of clearance under them) and being all steel, they act as bit of a slider, as long as you dont drop down onto them hard they should stand up to some punishment....just fyi :D

Hey Tassie -ml
Not sure what side steps I'm going with yet, I'm tossing up at building some myself. :D
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups