Salt's V6 ML

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Salt's V6 ML

Postby tassie_ml on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:54 pm

I am liking the mad max look :lol: :lol: so whats next, blower, side pipes the whole hog :mrgreen:
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby salt36 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I had the cash Tassie....if I had the cash......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby salt36 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:52 am

Just picked up and fitted Unifilter.

First thing I noticed was less inclined to stall when taking off ( the only downside to running LPG )

Seems to have slightly better throttle response and definately pulls smoother and a touch harder.

I took the long way home and took off from lights in the 80k zone floored in second and the sweet noise coming from the snorkel between 3000-4500 rpm is simply awesome sounds a bit like a 350chev BIG smile on my face now and of course I had to check a few times just to make sure I heard it right :lol: :D :D :D

Homer do yourself a favour and buy a snorkel, mate the sound is awesome...... :D

Exhaust will be next :twisted:

Oh the money..... :cry:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby jacky_moo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:11 pm

very good progress mate!

Love the 'black out'

When i ordered mine I wanted to get black but all of the cars in my companies fleet are silver and to quote my boss ' no your enough of a black sheep already'

If your car was black and you blacked out everything as you have shopped it would look insane!

do you find your getting any noise/vibration from the snorkel at hwy speeds?
jacky_moo

Postby Homer on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 pm

salt36 wrote:
Homer do yourself a favour and buy a snorkel, mate the sound is awesome...... :D

Exhaust will be next :twisted:

Oh the money..... :cry:

I've been sorely tempted since I read storm trooper say the same thing...just a dollar versus need thing at the moment.

Look forward to your exhaust though :twisted:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby salt36 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:34 pm

No mate no noise, no vibration

lol your a black sheep already.... :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby tassie_ml on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 pm

thanks Salt. I might have to invest in a snorkel too, if my ML can sound like my 308 HZ one tonner and V8 Discovery, then I might have to get the keys back from the spud peeler :shock:

308 one tonner, V8 disco, V6 ML.....kinda lets you know what I think about oilers :shock: :mrgreen:
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby jacky_moo on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:40 am

salt36 wrote:No mate no noise, no vibration

lol your a black sheep already.... :lol:

yeah mainly because i on occasion need to utilize the triron's 4x4 capabilities to get onto job sites.... and i go an put 20inch mags on it :P
jacky_moo

Postby borngeek on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

jacky_moo wrote:very good progress mate!

Love the 'black out'

When i ordered mine I wanted to get black but all of the cars in my companies fleet are silver and to quote my boss ' no your enough of a black sheep already'

If your car was black and you blacked out everything as you have shopped it would look insane!

You have a black sheep here too :lol:

I am slowly going for the total blackout :twisted: just need to slide bits and pieces in while the Mrs isn't watching... She recon its 'black enough how it is'.. pffft what would she know :mrgreen:
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Salt's V6 ML

Postby Brett05 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 am

borngeek wrote:
jacky_moo wrote:very good progress mate!

Love the 'black out'

You have a black sheep here too :lol:

I am slowly going for the total blackout :twisted: just need to slide bits and pieces in while the Mrs isn't watching... She recon its 'black enough how it is'.. pffft what would she know :mrgreen:

My 2" lift didn't even make it home, before I gave it the black treatment. The yellow front coils stood out like dogs balls. Sprayed them before my partner spotted them....(the springs, that is)

Yep it's looking good Salt, go the whole black out look.
I would love to see what a matt black triton with dark tinted windows would look like.....what's the words they use these days.....it would be "fully sic bro"
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: your all mad !

I am going to go with the all black, I like it :D

We can all be black sheep bro' :lol: :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Today i video'd taking off in my Triton to try and catch the snorkel noise for Homer and Tassie :D and everybody else of course :D

:o I can hear my own voice, how embarrasment :oops: :lol:

It's not brilliant but you get the idea.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYzjcxm0cw
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby QueenslandeR on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 pm

DAMN you laptop, i cant hear it properly :( , havent even been able to listen to mine much coz its been too cold or raining. Whens the black handles ect going on?
QueenslandeR

Postby msquito on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:17 pm

Sounds better than my v6.. I can hear the difference
msquito

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:34 pm

The noise came alive after I fitted the Unifilter, obviously they breathe waaaaaay better than the standard... :lol:

I havent had any takers to swap my chrome handles and mirrors yet QR, Mitsi want $330 for the black ones....hoping someone will want some chrome...... much cheaper :D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby msquito on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Yeah I have a unifilter too but doesn't sound as good as that lol
msquito

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Ok do you have the snorkel ?

I am trying to get info on performance for the V6...... :roll:

Spoke to Ralliart today and quizzed them on swapping bits to match other 6g74 V6 engines like the 185kw Pajero Mivec engine. The response was 'buy a supercharger, it will be a lot cheaper in the long run' :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby msquito on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Nope no snorkel... I was going to buy one but wasn't sure If it would b worth the money, did it improve your fuel economy?
Might get one in a couple months as it would be nice to not worry about how high the water is over my bonnet lol.

I'm just starting to look for performance stuff for my v6. Don't really know where to start lol
msquito

Postby salt36 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Worth it if you drive in water, yep has made a small difference in economy, but not since i put the Unifilter in, been flooring it everywhere :lol: :lol: :lol:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby msquito on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 am

LOL so a diesel snorkel will fit the petrol engine? pretty sure they have the same airbox
msquito

Postby salt36 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes mate they are all the same, ML, MN, petrol and diesel, ahh not sure about the 2wd versions and their motors but I am guessing they are the same :D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby jacky_moo on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:54 am

That sounds awesome!

in regards to the handles and door mirrors.. why not just buy some of those cheap taiwanese stick on covers and paint them black?

p.s i hate you for your Mitsu Premium Sound :twisted:
jacky_moo

Postby salt36 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks Marty,

What are the covers you mention ?

Sounds like a cheaper option, where do i buy them? Better check em out I feel...... ;)

I have been enquiring at the exhaust shops and none of them will touch the cat converters, as far as I can see there is only two cats (four MAF sensors) and then flange and can put a new resonater and muffler after that :D
One guy said it would be louder than a hotted up V6 commodore :shock:
The general opinion is that the two cats are not restrictive and both finish just before the 'Y' where the flange is, so I could pretty much go any size pipe and cut the flange off to suit....... looking at it though it should be already a big enough diameter for a 2.5" or so system.

Mate has the local Midland mufflers so will go to him, not there today so yet to speak to him, am confident he will be able to fit up what I am after 8-)

OH and V6er's BEWARE THE WATER CROSSINGS ......... the cold water on the hot exhaust can crack one or both exhaust manifolds resulting in a repair bill of approx $700 per manifold, thats the part only :shock: :shock: :shock:

Exhaust guys advice is enter the water crossing very slowly and give the pipes/manifolds time to cool........eg low 4 without the big splash....... :(
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby salt36 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 pm

jacky_moo wrote:That sounds awesome!

p.s i hate you for your Mitsu Premium Sound :twisted:

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: It's actually not bad for a factory wireless, the fact it plays mp3 discs is the best part, 8 hours of music with no repeats..... 8-) :D
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby Homer on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Mate, the third one is also a cat. I got mine changed to a hi flow (100 from memory), but that's as good as an exhaust company guy would do.

A V8 Supercar exhaust guy on the other hand had no issues going engine to tailpipe with custom extractors and pipes, but again from memory it was a couple of grand plus. He also said to go a single 2 3/4" pipe to stop the resonation and give it a better note. They can sound crisp and revy if done right, but also drone like a POS if not right.

SlimV6 has had issues with his lamda sensors and heaters since doing his extractors. I'm hoping he comes up with a solution. He had no issues when he removed both downpipe cats altogether, but he had to put plates in to shield the sensors then.

All too confusing for me ATM...
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups