timbo's build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

timbo's build

Postby dan.batto on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Great idea with the lights! Looks fantastic mate!!!
dan.batto

timbo's build

Postby timbo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 am

Ok so an update this weekend I installed an outback roof console and my new UHF looks great and the storage it has cleaned up my door pocket now have more room to put my bits of crap haha, also ordered an Arb rear step bar shouldn't be to far off well post up pics of the console later as on tapatalk
timbo

Re: timbo's build

Postby timbo on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Ok some pics, the L.E.D lights put out a good light better than stock
Click to view larger picture
timbo

timbo's build

Postby timbo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok so an update on the build, I installed an aldi winch and put some synthetic rope on it, my lightforce XGT lights are now H.I.D man the rock. I have a second battery in the tray with a redark isolator. And the best one it's now dual Arb locked that I'm yet to try out but only a few days till the HC can't wait well post up some updated pics later on
timbo

Postby Homer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:24 am

Just noticed this thread :oops:

Holy moly, the force is with you....lightforce that is :lol: 8-)

How close to the roof is the foot on the hi lift mate? I've seen a few that are really close but haven't heard of any hitting while 4wding...yet :?

Also what rope did you get for the winch?
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

timbo's build

Postby timbo on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 am

The hi-lift sits enough away that couldn't hit but I mounted it that way just the way it bolts onto the roof rack, I got the rope off eBay had it for a while before I had a winch I picked it up for $140 but it's gone up now don't have the link ATM as on using tapatalk well post up later with pics
timbo

Postby timbo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:55 pm

So its been a long time since i updated my build. A bit has been added, well alot really.
Added an ARB rear step tow bar only after the tub got a kiss from a large rock :lol:
Now My drawers.
We custom made them at work, both sides of the top slide out making life really easy to get carp out of the back, has a 50l water tank that has a pump with the outlet at the face of the drawers. switch panal that control the differant outlets i have in the tray.
I have now got a ChipIt chip with EGT control, also a 3" exhaust and im loving the extra power now.
Cut some holes in the dash to put in a temperture display for the fridge, also a voltage display.
Took off the lights off the roof after a mate of mine got done for having too many lights, so i put on a 52" L.E.D light bar, :o really good light not a big distance light but a good flood.
Replaced my aldi winch after that decided to die after a bit of a hard life and no care, i put in a TJM 9500 winch with bright yellow rope.
After all this extra weight in the rear i had the springs upgraded, now riding and sitting alot better now. My next problem was if the springs could drop how much weight am i holding, well found out that i have just over 100kg left on my GVM :shock: :shock: so not sure on what to do about this yet but iv taken out alot of crap and put the AT's on for now.
timbo

Postby salt36 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 pm

The weight is a problem mate, short of buying F250's have to compromise somewhere....

Is your tank the Enmach Industries?

Can you see it in the mirror ?

I looked at them and it seemed to me it would sit high in the ute body.........
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby timbo on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah the thats to one Salt, it is a higher than the tub body but i dont really notice it in the mirror it sits about the same level as the back seats. Was a mother of a job to get it in mine we had to modify the interal bars for the roof rack. But very happy with it works well and is very compact aprox 100mm thick
timbo

Postby salt36 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 pm

That's what attracted me to it, not much room taken up, Good news then, I forgot to look at the back seat.....

On the shopping list then ;) Sounds like I will get it before making the canopy.
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 am

I have one of those tanks you can have if you want it mate? I can't fit it in front of my drawers :oops: :oops:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby salt36 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 am

Well I can't knock back an offer like that ! What a cool place this is :D

Actually a mate is going to Sydney this weekend....pm sent 8-)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby mattz on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Nice work Timbo........those draws are awesome. 8-).
Can't wait to see the light bar up close either. :o :o

Go hawks!!!!! :D
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby David Maritz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:38 pm

snowman wrote:welcome aboard Timbo - good to see you are already getting amongst it.

so can you get the larger tyre (33's) to fit as your spare?

I also got 33" tyres and could not get that into the rear with out modifying the towbar and exhaust tail piece. So I got rid of them running again on the small ones but next week my 32" tyres will be delivered!
David Maritz

Postby Sav on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:07 am

timbo wrote:So its been a long time since i updated my build. A bit has been added, well alot really.
Added an ARB rear step tow bar only after the tub got a kiss from a large rock
Now My drawers.
We custom made them at work, both sides of the top slide out making life really easy to get carp out of the back, has a 50l water tank that has a pump with the outlet at the face of the drawers. switch panal that control the differant outlets i have in the tray.
I have now got a ChipIt chip with EGT control, also a 3" exhaust and im loving the extra power now.
Cut some holes in the dash to put in a temperture display for the fridge, also a voltage display.
Took off the lights off the roof after a mate of mine got done for having too many lights, so i put on a 52" L.E.D light bar, :o really good light not a big distance light but a good flood.
Replaced my aldi winch after that decided to die after a bit of a hard life and no care, i put in a TJM 9500 winch with bright yellow rope.
After all this extra weight in the rear i had the springs upgraded, now riding and sitting alot better now. My next problem was if the springs could drop how much weight am i holding, well found out that i have just over 100kg left on my GVM :shock: :shock: so not sure on what to do about this yet but iv taken out alot of crap and put the AT's on for now.

Timbo the ride looks great but how did you go about doing the switches? I've just started doing this and just want to get an idea of how other people did it as well

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Sav

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups