Gutters ML GLX-R Build - Back to practical shoes

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build

Postby Tim007 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey gutters. I see so many guys have Baysie bash plates. How do I get onto him to see how much they cost. I tried to PM but it won't go through. I see you have them. How did you get onto him. Are you happy with them and how much do they cover?
Keen to get amongst it!!
Tim007

Gutters ML GLX-R Build

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Have a look at the bash plates reference thread, I'll try and dig up the link later if you can't find it.

Edit: here it is: http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8631&p=168974&hilit=bash#p168974

Needs updating given prestige offroad's new role since it was written.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - New Boots

Postby gutters on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:31 pm

The old D694's have finally worn out and it was time to replace them with a much more aggressive tyre, after reading positive comments about the Federal Couragia MTs and finding them for a very good price I couldn't resist :o :o

Measuring in at 265/75R16, now to get out and try them out... We are camping over at Bribie Island @ Easter so I'll be interested to see how they handle the sand.

Click to view larger picture

Sto Pro Veritate
gutters

Postby TUFF TROOP on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I want to get the federals as well, I reckon as soon as my new km2's wear out I'll be getting some 285s for sure! , triton looks good mate!
TUFF TROOP

Postby gutters on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 pm

TUFF TROOP wrote:I want to get the federals as well, I reckon as soon as my new km2's wear out I'll be getting some 285s for sure! , triton looks good mate!

Thanks TT, I'm looking forward to getting home to have a good look in person. My missus took the car around to have them fitted and I have to make do with photos while I'm interstate. Bring on the weekend.
Sto Pro Veritate
gutters

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - back to practical shoes

Postby gutters on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Its been a while since I posted an update here as I haven't changed much on the Triton.

We are back to being a one car family which means the Triton is back to daily driving duties. So I decided to go back to the Bridgestone D697s in 265/75 R16s as they have much better on road manners whilst still being a good AT for our off road activities.

The Federal Couragias have been awesome offroad and I've traveled just under 7,000kms on them without an issue. I currently don't have the space to keep them as a play tyre so I'll post up an ad for them in the classified section for anyone that maybe interested.

Sto Pro Veritate
gutters

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - Time for a change

Postby gutters on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:03 am

Its been a while since I've been on New Triton and its time to resurrect my old thread.

We got back from our 6 month trip through central and northern Australia a couple of months ago and on that trip we made the decision to sell our camper and make some pretty big changes to the Triton.The Triton was awesome and we are really happy with it as a tourer but the lack of storage in the tub/canopy and its complete inability to keep dust out means we are changing to chassis mount alloy canopy that I'm going to fit out as a camper.

I'm in final quotation stage with 2 Alloy canopy manufacturers and hope to have made a decision on which one to go with over Xmas with a build starting in January.

This means I'll be getting rid of the current tub and canopy setup (going cheap or free) , so if you are interested in a fibreglass canopy, my homebuilt storage system or a 50 litre water tank get in contact with me, pictures are in this thread. I'll get organised and put up some classified ads soon.
Sto Pro Veritate
gutters

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - Back to practical shoes

Postby snakesoup on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:40 pm

brace the chassis while the tub is off mate, adding that style of camper to the back can end badly, very cheap and easy to brace the chassis up ! don't want it to end up like this Click to view larger picture
snakesoup

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - Time for a change

Postby gutters on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:08 am

Thanks snakesoup,

I have seen those brace kits from Superior Engineering and I need to check out the legalities of fitting them in QLD and locate someone skilled/qualified to fit them, would appreciate any feedback from someone in QLD who has been down that path.

My canopy will be 1650 long to try and keep it as short as possible without sacrificing too much, all of the weight will be at the front of the canopy. We learnt on our recent 6 month trip how much stuff you don't need to carry and moving from a camper trailer with a very heavy ball weight to a minimalist setup is what we are working towards.
Sto Pro Veritate
gutters

Re: Gutters ML GLX-R Build - Back to practical shoes

Postby snakesoup on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:14 am

sounds like your on top of it mate ;-)
snakesoup

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups