Marks 08 ML Triton

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Marks 08 ML Triton

Postby markus on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi All

I just thought I would share the progress of my 08 ML Triton with you all as I learn new things from this great website which I have to congratulate everyone involved as there is so much to learn from it and from what I have read everyone seems keen to help out with questions and advice. Anyway on the 29th of January 2009 I bought my 3.2L DiD 2008 Olympic Edition ML Mitsubishi Triton (My very 1st brand new vehicle which I might add is a very scary experience as I am always worried about it getting scratched or dent). I also got the dealership to bolt up a mitsubishi tow bar when I purchased it as I do believe it is an essential on any 4wd. Well my 1st outing happened on the 8/2/09 which was just up stockton beach. I was very surprised how nice it was to drive on the beach.
Stockton Beach 01.jpg
Stockton Beach 02.jpg
Stockton Beach 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My kids inheritance has turned into a Triton!!!
markus

Re: Marks 08 ML Triton

Postby amanda on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. Plenty here to keep you busy! Love the signature too :lol:
amanda
Platinum Subscriber

Postby al coholic on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Welcome to the site mate :D Any future mods on the cards????
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby markus on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi. Thanks amanda and alcoholic I am happy to be part of this site :D . Yeah there will be a few mods on the cards but not a huge ammount. Since them photo's I have tinted the front windows, added custom styling to the rear tailgate thanks to a post that jumped behind me while I was reversing in KFC carpark :oops: and then added more custom styling to my rear tailgate thanks to the bloody trailer that decided to roll off a step in the driveway :oops: and have put on 265/65/17 Yokohama Geolander A/Ts tyres on 17 x 8 Osaka Xtreme wheels. I have it booked in on Monday to have 2" lift Ironman springs with Koni shocks installed (any comments as I am definately no expert in suspension and I am new to building any 4x4's). I also plan on getting a bullbar and winch and then maybe upgrade exhaust, snorkel and dp chip somewhere down the track.
markus

Postby clarke-glxr on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:15 pm

silver looks nice in the sun!!
If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!
clarke-glxr

Postby johno on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:19 am

welcome to the site markus, you will find heaps of good reading here, and if you ever have a problem just post it up, someone here will provide you with the answer......eventually
(after you get through all the stirring and the bull-dust :lol: )

clarke-glxr wrote:silver looks nice in the sun!!

Silver looks nice anywhere! 8-)
Cheers Johno
"Ham and eggs... A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
johno

Postby helicoptercow on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 am

welcome mark.

theres a few locals round newcastle now stepping up to the plate so dont be shy and get involved :D Fantastic trips pop up here and there with a very lively crew :lol:

"it's so much easier to apologise rather than ask for permission" - gutters

The Cattle Truck

"Wool-Wheat" = Cotton. Warm like wool, but grows like wheat

helicoptercow
Platinum Subscriber

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 am

I would like to thank you all for your friendliness and yes I have noticed a few locals on this site (I will have to catch up with Daryn from Maryland as he is my cousin in law and have not caught up with him for a long time now but have been reading his build up and his ute is lookin awesome & the grunt to go with it from what I have read. I look forward to hopefully meeting you all and yes I would love to go on some trips and learn so much more about 4wdriving. Cheers
markus

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 am

PS Is there some way I can attach pictures to a reply post???
markus

Marks 08 ML Triton

Postby fridgie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:17 am

Use the 'post reply' button instead of the 'quick reply' or if hosted on a website copy and paste the img code :D
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Homer on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:54 am

Welcome Markus, make sure you tell the suspension guys there is a bar and winch coming...it will make a big difference to what springs they put on it.

If you don't they will have to do it again :|
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks Homer but thanks to this site I did a lot of studying before hand and made sure that was clear but the supplier being Climax Suspension at Thornton was already on to it and asked if I was putting any weight in the front and what sort of loads and frequency in the back :D . I also asked about the vibration in the tailshaft as I have the 2 piece and he stated that some do have a slight vibration but ends up going away? I do appreciate the advice but keep it coming :D Cheers
markus

Postby borngeek on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:28 am

markus wrote:I would like to thank you all for your friendliness and yes I have noticed a few locals on this site (I will have to catch up with Daryn from Maryland as he is my cousin in law and have not caught up with him for a long time now but have been reading his build up and his ute is lookin awesome & the grunt to go with it from what I have read. I look forward to hopefully meeting you all and yes I would love to go on some trips and learn so much more about 4wdriving. Cheers

Gday marcus, see you been signed up a while and a platinum member too and cousin in law with a bloody mod so I will suck up :lol:

People will :roll: at me but.... try talking to one of our site sponsors Ultimate suspension as well. They provide a great package that Daryn will attest to as well... you will not be dissapointed with their product and service and just to give you some goss they are now available front struts preassembled with high quality bushes and top hats. This puts their suspension at the top IMO. They spend their own cash developing this for our tritons and you should take a look... Just ring Ultimate and ask for "the geek kit" drives Ken insane :lol:

anyway look forward to meeting up with you soon... have this yearly stockton pass that I need to drive value out of so hopefully we get something happening up there soon 8-)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Joe on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey markus, welcome to the site. Plenty to find on here and heaps of info. Enjoy :mrgreen:

....he stated that some do have a slight vibration but ends up going away

If you have the shudder once lifted it will stay there unless you do something about it. There are a few quite easy steps to take that can help. Make sure there are caster wedges pre installed on the rear springs, turn the centre drive shaft bearing (5 min job), put 5mm packing plates under the gear box mounts and install a tail shaft spacer. I have done all this to mine and have completely eliminated the shudder.

Brett05 also has done a more radical chop job on he centre bearing with good results >HERE<
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 pm

borngeek wrote:try talking to one of our site sponsors Ultimate suspension as well. They provide a great package that Daryn will attest to as well... you will not be dissapointed with their product and service and just to give you some goss they are now available front struts preassembled with high quality bushes and top hats. This puts their suspension at the top IMO. They spend their own cash developing this for our tritons and you should take a look... Just ring Ultimate and ask for "the geek kit" drives Ken insane

anyway look forward to meeting up with you soon... have this yearly stockton pass that I need to drive value out of so hopefully we get something happening up there soon
Yeah I have read a lot of good comments about the ultimate suspension but the problem is finding time to get the ute to the ultimate dealer at the moment where as Climax suspension is just down the road from work. I have heard a lot of good things about the koni shocks but Im not too sure on the Ironman springs. I have not been to stockton beach since those photos were taken so I am way overdue for a trip up those dunes :D and if anybody is organising a group trip I would love to come along.

Joe wrote:If you have the shudder once lifted it will stay there unless you do something about it. There are a few quite easy steps to take that can help. Make sure there are caster wedges pre installed on the rear springs, turn the centre drive shaft bearing (5 min job), put 5mm packing plates under the gear box mounts and install a tail shaft spacer. I have done all this to mine and have completely eliminated the shudder.
Yeah ok I may have to do some mods then huh. I was only quoting what old mate at Climax suspension told me but yes I suppose when I think about it how would the shudder just dissapear. Thanks for all the advice guys as there are obviously things I am overlooking while doing mods.
markus

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 pm

I just thought I would share a couple of pictures of my modified rear tailgate with ya's for a laugh (well for you anyway).
Bloody post.jpg

bloody trailer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
markus

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

With the new wheels and tyres. 265/65/17 Yokohama Geolander A/Ts and 17x8 Osaka Xtreme wheels
New wheels & tyres.jpg
markus

Postby biggibbo on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi Markus, and welcome. Great to see another local signing up. Pretty sure there will be another stockton trip on the cards soon. Jamo and Helicoptercow were also pretty keen on a Wallaroo drive as well. I'm getting my lift from Ultimate in early March as is Jamo.

Not sure I would trust someone to do my lift who thinks the tailshaft shudder will just dissappear by itself. I know its a PITA to get to sydney, but by all accounts, better to leave it to the experts and get it done right first time.

I grew up in Cardiff BTW and now living just over the hill. I'll let you know next time we have a trip orgnised.
biggibbo

Postby markus on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi biggibbo thanks :D . If you dont mind me asking what are you paying for the ultimate package? Yeah a stockton trip sounds great and Wallaroo wherever that is :? I have only ever 4wd around sugarloaf, stockton beach, belmont beach and a little of the Watagons so havent really been out there to experience what there is to offer. Yes I know regarding the suspension everyone has talked about ultimate but I already booked it in and payed deposit (hope I dont regret it?). If you dont mind me asking how old are you (I am 33 :oops: ) and did you go to Cardiff High School? Oh and what is your name?
markus

Postby biggibbo on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Ultimate fit out is a tad over $1800. Wallaroo is up around Medowie way. Yep- cardiff high. I'll PM you my details
biggibbo

Postby daryn on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:14 pm

every suspension is different to the last with ultimate, they are personalised, so your quote could be from $1500 upwards depending on what is suggested for your needs Mark.

We asked Ultimate to load Gibbo's bill because he has plenty of money :lol:
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby markus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Ok no worries if Gibbo's paying then I will have 2 sets :lol: I am starting to regret it now after all the good comments I have heard about ultimate (wish I had of went with them) but I already booked it in and left a deposit before I got into this website due to a fella at work highly recommending Climax suspension. :( It is booked in for Monday.
markus

Postby biggibbo on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 pm

daryn wrote:every suspension is different to the last with ultimate, they are personalised, so your quote could be from $1500 upwards depending on what is suggested for your needs Mark.

We asked Ultimate to load Gibbo's bill because he has plenty of money :lol:

:lol: :lol:
If gibbo had heaps of money he would not have been buying your old hand me down tyres. I will be giving the magic card a bit of a hit. Wish Brendan did an interest free deal, or better still charge my fleet company for it.
biggibbo

Return to Member Build Ups