Tassies V6 ML

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Tassies V6 ML

Postby tassie_ml on Wed May 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Homer wrote:Just out of curiosity mate, would it interfere with a winch?

it shouldnt Homer, it sits too high and far back for it to foul a winch I reckon :mrgreen:
Mark

07 Cyber Blue GLX R with a few mods

sent from my mobile rock using smoke signals
tassie_ml

Postby Joe on Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

tassie_ml wrote:out of curiosity, how did you incorporate the electric motor when you shorten the factory bottle, thats what I couldnt work out :oops: :oops:

Used a hole saw and put the rubber grommet in it. I did a shitty job of the welding but hasn't leaked yet.
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Tassies V6 ML

Postby ratstriton on Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 am

Joe wrote:
tassie_ml wrote:out of curiosity, how did you incorporate the electric motor when you shorten the factory bottle, thats what I couldnt work out :oops: :oops:

Used a hole saw and put the rubber grommet in it. I did a shitty job of the welding but hasn't leaked yet.

Yea mines holding up well hasn't leaked at all since I did mine.
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby daemon on Fri May 20, 2011 3:41 pm

tassie_ml wrote:
Then there was the Ironman side steps. Chucked the cheap alloy ones under the house. These ones are bloody heavy and well made. And bolt directly to the chassis

Click to view larger picture

How do you find the sliders? From how it bolts on, it seems there is some break over height that you loose. Does it catch onto stuff when your scraping over something (the times when you really need your rock sliders)
daemon

Postby tassie_ml on Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 pm

hey daemon, I must admit I havent slid over anything yet, but you are right, there would be a slight bump when the brackets ride over a solid surface like a rock or tree.

but I reckon a small bump over such a surface would be better than it bending the sill.

I am going to modify the mounting points one day. I want to take the U bolts off and weld proper U brackets under the chassis rail and up the inner rail, more like a proper slider. Then cut the outriggers and weld a length of pipe under the sill so the sill would slide along a hard surface.

Admittedly, I only bought them as a side step, but I reckon it wouldnt take much to make them more of a slider. The thickness of the tube in them is pretty thick so I have no worries there.

cheers
Mark

tassie_ml

Postby VALERIO on Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey Tassie, I use the same washer bottle kit, but installed in a different place, as i've a ballistic steel protection attached to the battery i use it to hold the bottle support, as a result is very easy to access it, also i'd to use the original pump because the pump in the bottle kit leaks water.
Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture
VALERIO

Postby tassie_ml on Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

thanks Valerio, unfortunately the balistic battery cover isnt something I need just yet :lol: :lol: :lol: but when my wife see's the credit card this month, that might change :oops:

thanks for sharing mate :mrgreen:
Mark

tassie_ml

Postby tassie_ml on Sat May 28, 2011 12:41 pm

a small update. When I bought the bullbar from ebay, it came without the finishing plates underneath, which isnt a big deal especially for the price I paid for it :mrgreen:

but anyway, I was trying to get an alloy offcut to make up a plate under the centre between the bash plate and the bullbar. The wings I am not worried about as they are easily cleaned but the centre hole leaves the wiring, radiators and associated pipework fairly vulnerable to something flying up in there.

Luckily I was given an old alloy bash plate by Steve Tas, all it needed was to be cut down to suit the bullbar which I did this morning. A little bit of cutting and a few holes for ventilation and its all done. Heres the pics

before

the finished plate

fitted up

Mark

tassie_ml

Postby stefanos on Sat May 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Very nice Mark.........only tires now!!!!
stefanos

Postby tassie_ml on Sat May 28, 2011 2:52 pm

yeah mate, still saving for those, hopefully my tax return this year will pay for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mark

tassie_ml

Postby ratstriton on Sat May 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Look's good Tassie :D Finish's the job of nice
I will let you know when I get to tassie it should be about mid June,don't know how much time I will have, work is talking 6 1/2 days a week while we are there. :shock: :shock: :shock:
ratstriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Sun May 29, 2011 8:21 pm

tassie_ml wrote:yeah mate, still saving for those, hopefully my tax return this year will pay for them :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice job with the infill mate :D

Tax return time is the greatest is it not ? looking forward to it actually ;)
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby tassie_ml on Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

any $$ you can get back off the Govt is a win in my books :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mark

tassie_ml

Postby bobtriton on Mon May 30, 2011 12:56 am

Great Triton you have Tassie, wish I have half the options you have there in Australia for Tritons ...V6 mmm what a dream. About those red shocks, are those koni shocks?
bobtriton

Postby tassie_ml on Mon May 30, 2011 11:36 am

bobtriton wrote:Great Triton you have Tassie, wish I have half the options you have there in Australia for Tritons ...V6 mmm what a dream. About those red shocks, are those koni shocks?

thanks Bob for your comments :mrgreen:

the red shocks were Pedders shocks, not sure if they exported but they are a well known company here in Australia. Although I wouldnt recommend them, when I replaced them a couple of months ago, they had only travelled about 30,000klm and mostly all on bitumen but they were stuffed :roll: I now have the Ultimate lift kit on my Triton with new struts and shocks etc and she handles much better now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mark

tassie_ml

Postby bobtriton on Mon May 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Wow Ultimate, another good stuff we don´t have in Mexico ;)
bobtriton

Postby tassie_ml on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:19 pm

bit of an update since I have been absent from the forum for the past few weeks due to an unexpected death in the immediate family :cry:

the old Triton has been christened in the Tassie mud. The once immaculate paint work is now scratched to buggery and the once pristine Ironman side steps are now a slightly second hand set with a nice dent in the passenger side one :roll: it was the lesser of two evils, a mate with a 100 series on 36 inch Claws dropped his wheel into a hole that I avoided and you couldnt see the tyre under the water, so I think I got off lightly

anyway, I have thrown a set of Silverstone mudders on it and yes, I know they are cheap, but at $180 a coner, I dont care if they last me 12 months, they will do until I can get some bigger rubber under it. These one's are 275/70/16's and I had them out in the Tassie mud today and they went very well. The tread pattern in very much like the old BFG KM1 and we all had them for years and swore by them, so i thought I would run them for a while and see how they go.

anway, here some pics

virgin trip into the 'bush', still on the AT's

now with muddies

and Snug Falls, where we ended up today

Mark

tassie_ml

Postby Steane on Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Sorry to hear the family news Tassie.

The Triton is looking 8-) Muddies always toughen up the look.

$180 a corner is a great price!
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 pm

Good onya mark, Cold there I presume, well done getting out there and driving it :D

Much of a difference between muddies and the AT's ?

About to buy some muddies but never had them before....As Steane said mate cheap for tyres...
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby fridgie on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 pm

Sorry for your loss mate, hope you all are going ok :oops:

Looks good with the new boots :D

Salt - muddies are a huge difference I've found! Had AT's for 12 months of wheeling before I changed mine and I can go through places in 2wd(open diff due to locker) I'd have struggled a little bit in with the AT's

Places I couldn't go I now get through and places I never should have gone I give a good crack :lol: :lol:
Mine are a bit noisy though but was expected so no complaints here :mrgreen:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby snowman on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:54 am

welcome back mate and condolences.

no doubt muddies are the go for offroad. just have to put up with them on the hard stuff. great if you can have two sets.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups