Well its been a long time since ive posted in here!
Nothing too big in the new in the mods category to post on.
New mods since I last updated:
-Boost Gauge in dash
- New tub setup - basically an empty tub, some ply on the floor, some storage boxes on the pass. side, a box around the fridge
- Water tank and pump - slimline tank that sits over the wheel arches
- Reverse lights from 4wd supplies - amazingly bright
- New antenna for the UHF, ZCG brand, its awesome!
- New reverse camera screen - cheapie off ebay but really good
Currently working on:
- Fibreglass Switch Panel. -Painting this went all kinds of wrong so am in the middle of sanding it back, ill then give it a new coat of some primer, then re spray the black gloss on (the gloss was the problem)
-Modify the current tub setup. I need to redesign the 12v setup so as i can easily remove the rest of thetub setup without removing the electrical.
- Internal canopy frame for piece of mind. At the same time replace the carryboy roof rack to canopy mounts, 1 to lower them and 2 the carryboy powder coating is extremely poor. It has peeled and flaked. At the same time ill re-powder coat the roof rack also as its just as bad. Not happy at all with their roofrack system!
- An open cage for the fridge rather than a ply box for better air flow
Question time for those 12v wiring minded folks:
I have read the wiring size diagram chart in the dedicated thread, here
, but for the life of me still cant work it out.
What i plan to do:
A piece of pvc/plastic/something that like, create an electrical board to fix everything to. Have a blue sea 12v fuse panel to connect everything to. A pvc box to mount all the switches to. Inverter permanently mounted in the tub.
What I will be running off the fuse panel (I have included links to most items incase i have wrong calculations or if anyone is generally interested
- Projector 600w Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Max Output 60 amps Details Here
- Approx 2m LED Strip Lights - Output approx 2 amps
- 2xLED Reverse Lights - Output 1.7 amps each= 3.4 amps Details Here
- Water Pump - Max Output 3 amps
- 2 x 12v Acc Sockets - Max Output 20 amps each Details Here
- 1 x Narva twin usb 12v socket - Max Output 2.5 amps Details Here
- Engel 40l Fridge - Max Output 2.6 amps Details Here
What I would like to do is run 1 set of wires from the battery to the tub hopefully to run all that. Now obviously im never going to have it all running at once, but if I add all that up it comes to 114 amps give or take a little. Going off the wiring diagram I will be running approx 6m of wire to the tub. What would the wire size be i require? I will fuse it at the battery end and install a circuit breaker at the tub end.
Thanks for any help in advance!