Goochie's ML Single Cab

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Goochie's ML Single Cab

Postby goochie on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

G'day there drover, white single cabs are phat! Haha ;) Yeah can't wait till I can get some steps on, just not quite sure where to obtain them. Don't really want them joining my bull bar either haha. My seating is the split bench, just fits three, (skinny people haha). And I would have no idea how comfy the passenger seat is coz I'm always driving! Haha the way it should be.

But after reading through a few more forums and seeing some of the sick ideas on here, my most recent plan is as follows (In any order, depending on what I can source):
Rear locker,
Customish bash plate,
Side steps,
Flares,
New wheels (possibly [probably not] new tyres),
Front locker.

Should keep me going for the next couple of weekends :P
07 ML Triton, 2" Lift, 33's, Snorkel, XROX, Spotties, 3" Exhaust, CHIPIT Chip. Waddup!
goochie

Postby joshua.alexander on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

Nice looking truck mate, Us single cabbys are a minority to these forums, But one day people will understand, Understand that if you rock up to a piss up with a single cab ute, you are not going to expected to be a TAXI were as dual cabs, well i just feel sorry for the driver.
Good work though, its a shame that mitsi doesnt put a tub on the 4x4 single cab MN tritons (correct me if im wrong) but the only way i was told it could be done is by getting one from a 4x2 and put it on a 4x4.
JA
joshua.alexander

Goochie's ML Single Cab

Postby irwazza on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 pm

joshua.alexander wrote:Nice looking truck mate, Us single cabbys are a minority to these forums, But one day people will understand, Understand that if you rock up to a piss up with a single cab ute, you are not going to expected to be a TAXI were as dual cabs, well i just feel sorry for the driver.
Good work though, its a shame that mitsi doesnt put a tub on the 4x4 single cab MN tritons (correct me if im wrong) but the only way i was told it could be done is by getting one from a 4x2 and put it on a 4x4.

I don't believe that is correct. I got plenty of quotes that for some reason were cheaper to get a single cab with a tub than to buy a single cab with nothing.
irwazza

Postby joshua.alexander on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 am

Bloody slack jawed car dealers in the central west , they tell ya lies , atleast i didn't buy my triton from parramatta road
JA
joshua.alexander

Postby goochie on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Here's a quick pic of my car out for a fourby sesh on the weekend, got up everything my mates Triton did without lockers! Was priddy stoked
Click to view larger picture
07 ML Triton, 2" Lift, 33's, Snorkel, XROX, Spotties, 3" Exhaust, CHIPIT Chip. Waddup!
goochie

Postby goochie on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:38 am

Righto since my last post I have removed the 16" Speedy alloys and am selling them, for a set of 16" Dynamic steelies, the alloys just weren't giving the look I'm going for, nothing against the Speedies. My 3" Straight though Scotts Rodds exhaust has arrived and my chip and egt monitor will be on order next week. Can't wait!

goochie

Postby Schnaphappy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey Goochie! I like what you have done with the Xrox and the wheels. But tell me, do you need flares to compensate for the largness (if that's a word), of the 33s? Have you noticed a difference with your speed or odometre? Just really curious. You seem to have a beast there already? Is it chipped?

Schnap
Schnaphappy

Postby OLMATE on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 pm

yer mate its still looking nice, i have not read a thank you lucky any were but!!
OLMATE

Postby OLMATE on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 pm

oi bruza, i just seen what you put about not having lockers, hahaha olmate did it with out a drama you have to give it to her! ;) ;)
OLMATE

Postby goochie on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Righto! There hasn't been update in a while! Been saving a bit of money and blew a bit of dosch on the beast!

Here's what she looks like at the moment!

Since the last post a 3' Scotts rods exhaust has been installed,bit of an issue with the bolts that mounts the dump pipe to the turbo they had kind of melted and seized! Cost a fair bit to have the turbo removed, drill and re thread the holes and install the new pipe! Also got the mechanic to put in the bung for the pyro for my chip!

The exhaust, beast sound!

The pyro for the chip in the dump pipe

And the most recent mod is the ChipIt module with EGT monitor, have hooked up the map sensor too and its running quiet well! Might down grade the tune one hit as there seems to be a tiny delay in acceleration at a couple of small points, but the overall increase in power and torque are amazing!

EGT monitor

Out looking for pigs!

So that's it until the next mod! Haha

Cheers, Goochie.
goochie

Postby RaMpAgE on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

goochie wrote:Here's a quick pic of my car out for a fourby sesh on the weekend, got up everything my mates Triton did without lockers! Was priddy stoked

Mate I just noticed......................there is a gremlin under there!! seee it?

Nice work you've done btw 8-)
RaMpAgE

Postby Sky Miner on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Comming along nicely Goochie :) Better watch the Transport Inspectors thay'll jump ya with no flares on the side's for thoes muddies ;)
Hows that 3" exhuast "REALLY" sound, im also looking at one of these'(from the same mob) but worried about it sounding like a rice racer or farting through a straw :lol: :lol:
Been keping my eye out for some tricked up triton's but iv yet to see any, thay hav all been factory stock ;)
If i see ya ill give ya a wave :D 8-)
Nice Truck bloke :mrgreen:
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby goochie on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Sky Miner wrote:Comming along nicely Goochie :) Better watch the Transport Inspectors thay'll jump ya with no flares on the side's for thoes muddies ;)
Hows that 3" exhuast "REALLY" sound, im also looking at one of these'(from the same mob) but worried about it sounding like a rice racer or farting through a straw :lol: :lol:
Been keping my eye out for some tricked up triton's but iv yet to see any, thay hav all been factory stock ;)
If i see ya ill give ya a wave :D 8-)
Nice Truck bloke :mrgreen:

Yeah thanks mate! Haven't been pulled up for the tyres yet, might just put flares on when they catch me :p

And the exhaust doesn't sound ricer at all! Makes it sound deeper and more rumbly haha, sounds sick. Haven't seen your tri around! Seems to be plenty of bone stock ones though like you said!
Cheers
goochie

Postby goochie on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 pm

RaMpAgE wrote:
goochie wrote:Here's a quick pic of my car out for a fourby sesh on the weekend, got up everything my mates Triton did without lockers! Was priddy stoked
*chop*

Mate I just noticed......................there is a gremlin under there!! seee it?

Nice work you've done btw 8-)

Haha yeah! Wanted to see how much room was under there :p

Cheers mate!
goochie

Postby OLMATE on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:41 pm

OI bruz you in from work this weekend?... keen for a dive sunday?
OLMATE

Postby BEN115 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Looks good mate. Few more touches and she will be unstopable. youve got me thinking of what i could do with a tub back, doesnt help theres one sitting at work!
BEN115

Postby trickydevil on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Great work guys. Lookin good, there's always more mods to do
trickydevil

Postby NickTriton on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 am

Hey mate.. How do you find the IronMan lift??? Was thinking of getting the same for my ute. As they are the closest for me 8-)
NickTriton

Postby goochie on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

NickTriton wrote:Hey mate.. How do you find the IronMan lift??? Was thinking of getting the same for my ute. As they are the closest for me 8-)

Hey mate sorry haven't been on here in a while. Too be honest the Iron man lift is horrible. Looking at upgrading very soon, you can feel every bump and get a lot of steering wheel feedback. I guess you get what you pay for haha.
goochie

Postby Sky Miner on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 am

Ultimate mate Ultimate suspension ;) ya cant go wrong' been very happy with mine ever since 8-)
If ya wanna have a closer look gimme a yell ;)
Sky Miner

Postby goochie on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Sky Miner wrote:Ultimate mate Ultimate suspension ;) ya cant go wrong' been very happy with mine ever since 8-)
If ya wanna have a closer look gimme a yell ;)

Yeah mate I'd love to, would also love it you pm'd me a bit more info on how much you paid to get it to Darwin and what not. That would be wicked!
goochie

Postby Sky Miner on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:06 pm

PM sent mate ;)
Sky Miner

Postby mickkk on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Can I get that info off you to Sky miner. I think I will be renewing my suspension soonish too.

Cheers
mickkk

Postby Sky Miner on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm

mickkk wrote:Can I get that info off you to Sky miner. I think I will be renewing my suspension soonish too.

Cheers

PM sent ;) It is good gear and well worth it 8-)
Sky Miner

Postby goochie on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

Quick update sorry no picks yet, but Ultimate Suspension kit has been ordered, along with LED light bar, new 33's, and the beast goes in on monday to get rid of the tub and a new custom steel tray to be put on. Gonna look a lot different in about a months time. Cheers fellas!

Goochie.

***edit: and front flares should be here very soon....
goochie

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups