Mako76`s Rig

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Mako76`s Rig

Postby mako76 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Have had the new Triton for about 9 weeks now and have given it a good work over to test its capabilities. In all I'm impressed with the truck as a whole, there are a few minor things ( lack of empty switch sockets) that could be improved but are minor.

I have been locked away in the shed with my new toy fitting the many additions purchased, some easily fitted while some drawing my wrath with many a swear word shouted and some drawing blood.However the laptop with this forum continually on display and searched made it an enjoyment in the end and once again would like to say thanks to everyone on here for providing such an informative and helpful site. i still have a number of accessories to be fitted and some loose ends to tie up and tidy.

I didn't get a chance to take any photos of the Triton stock as it pretty much went from the dealer to the shed to be fitted up but we all know what they look like. i hope you all enjoy.

2 hours after we got the new Triton.
Click to view larger picture

Fitted a 6 way fuse box behind the dash near the stereo. The fuse box is wired to a heavy duty relay also under the dash and switched on with the ignition. The cables run through the large grommet on the passenger side with the positive connected through an 100amp circuit breaker in the engine bay. I wanted to be able to connect up all the accessories such as UHF , additional sockets etc from one point instead of running multiple wires into the cab and cluttering up the engine bay with relays.

The following photos are with all the major accessories fitted over a 3 week period.

Interior
Wet Seat covers

GME 3540 fitted under the center console, there is heaps of room in the section below the cig lighter and wonder why Mitsubishi didn't make it into another storage compartment. Have left the screws off so I can get to the UHf if need be.

ARB air compressor, fitted under passenger seat due to a F**** Up from the place of purchase as it was to be supply only but they fitted it. Will leave it here and see how it goes.

Reversing Camera, acquired an ebay special off my mate due to the canopy. This thing is huge so will be downsizing soon.

Under The Bonnet

Provent

drain hose and ball valve secured to the chassis rail

Unifliter (Please note the filter is the wrong way up for the photo, the writing (coarse sponge) should face down.)

Freeing up the battery terminals

Exterior

All fitted out

SJS Canopy

Ultimate and MT MTZ 265/75R16

To be fitted soon
For the headlights

For the spotties

Breather Kit

I will be also running a Samsung Galaxy Tab connected to a Scantool UBDII Dongle via bluetooth and using the program Torque and scanXL pro.

The tab is 7inch and is running OziExplorer which is still in beta development and hopefully available soon as a full working version, fingers crossed.

The to do list is getting shorter but still not complete.

The only issue I have to nut out is the reversing camera. I tapped into the reversing wire on the passenger side which switches the relay when in reverse. The camera and display are powered directly from the fuse box. The issue is the camera and display work fine when reverse is selected but when I brake during driving the camera and display come on. If I am stationary and press the brake the camera and display do not power up, only when driving. ?????. Was going to power everything from the reverse power supply and see how it goes.

Enjoy and happy for any feed back, criticism or questions.

Last edited by mako76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you`re Scared of Mud and Scratches, Trade It In.
mako76

Re: Mako76`s Rig

Postby Snooozy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm

very nice work there, 8-) thats a lot to do in 9 weeks

given me some new ideas :idea: :roll:
& the to-do list will never be complete ;)
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mooons on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:24 pm

^^^^ it just gets longer :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Mako76`s Rig

Postby dan.batto on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Geez mate! You've done well!!! Looks the goods and bet it now goes just as well!! I think I need a transformation shed like that, drive in one side 3 weeks later come out the other all kitted up! :lol: :lol:
dan.batto

Postby mako76 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 pm

It helps when you work a week on week off roster, you can hook in. There were a couple of 16+ hour days and nights trying to finish. It also helps to have elderly neighbours that are deaf ( I have 3) and don't care about noise and a very understanding wife. The renovations on the house have come to a grinding halt since the new toy came along.

Mako
mako76

Postby Steane on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Top job Mako. Looks bloody fantastic!

I really like the way you thought ahead when bringing the wiring into the cab. I don't know why that sort of thing doesn't occur to me... :lol:

I've got a question for you. What did you use to free up the battery terminals like you have, and where can I get one?
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mako76 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Hey Steane

Its as Busbar rated at 100amps that has a rubber cover over it. I purchased it from a local boating shop. It has 8mm threads on either end with 6 small screws between them. I found that you can only use every second screw because of the size of the terminal. Bias boating or whitworths have some with 8mm threads along the entire length but do not have a cover, I think blue sea make one. I will take a close up photo.

Mako
mako76

Mako76`s Rig

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Awesome work mate, that's a 12 month buildup in about 30 seconds. Dead keen of you to have stripped the dash out like that so soon after getting it too. Very impressed.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Mako76`s Rig

Postby mattz on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:58 am

Top stuff Mako. That's one mighty quick transformation.
Well done and keep the pics and info coming.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Homer on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 am

Top looking rig mate 8-)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Gezzansw on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 am

gets my vote for triton of the year.
Gezzansw

Postby Steane on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:53 am

mako76 wrote:Hey Steane

Its as Busbar rated at 100amps that has a rubber cover over it. I purchased it from a local boating shop. It has 8mm threads on either end with 6 small screws between them. I found that you can only use every second screw because of the size of the terminal. Bias boating or whitworths have some with 8mm threads along the entire length but do not have a cover, I think blue sea make one. I will take a close up photo.

Mako

Thanks mate. No need to go to the trouble of a pic for me. Now that I know where to get one I'll find one on the weekend. I'm fitting a winch and wondering how I'm going to get anything else on the positive terminal :roll:
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:35 am

Welldone mate !!!

Its great to see what a fist full of $$$ and a gut load of determination can achieve. I know all about the frequent turrets attack while tooling in the shed, the missus has collected enough off me in the swear jar of late to fund my next serries of mods... :lol:

You've built up a tuff looking rig. Its a great looking canopy also.

I'll be interested in following the diff breather install. The rear diff on my MN has that white plastic cap so plumbing in the adaptor is bit of an issue.

:)
Last edited by motoz on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trickydevil on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:39 am

Sweet build. Now I think a quick trip to the cape is in order :twisted:
trickydevil

Postby daryn on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 am

Man, thats a pretty rough build, a lot of short cuts taken...................

Hell no..........That is a ripper, congratulations on all parts, I hope that NT has played a part in someway otherwise I reckon a lot of here will be learning from you, awesome :D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby borngeek on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:39 am

Well thought out and planned build!

Congrats looks great, now it is time to enjoy it :D
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Longranger1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:06 am

Awesome build Mako. Have to catch up some time being a Townsvillian ;) .
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby reeldreamer on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:37 am

Nice looking rig mate! You going to love the HID's in the Narva 225's makes a good light great!! So whats next?

Mitch
Bash plates and other cool gear from Prestige Offroad Accessories

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=80
reeldreamer

Postby mako76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

To answer a few questions

Motoz

We initially budgeted for a new Hilux , and got a very good deal on the new Triton so even with all the goodies its still well under the price of a stock SR5 on the lot (up here it is anyway). Another thing that helped was fitting everything my self (except the rhino lining), saved me heaps in labor charges and pretty much payed for the canopy.

Daryn

As I said previously, the laptop got a good work out continually searching for tips and solutions on the forum. This made the fitting up easier and more of an enjoyment bar the swearing and little tanties every now and then. Once again thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and information.

Longranger

Have been meaning to catch up to discuss the mod. Been pretty busy with shutdowns at work as well. Had no problems (yet) when the Truck went in for its first service, no mention of the provent , only the tyre pressure. The service manager tried to tell me any issues they deemed to be caused by the tyre pressure and suspension would not be covered under warranty , WTF. Lets just say he has a better understanding after a few choice words.

Reeldreamer

Hopefully will get the HID kits fitted tomorrow and go bunny burning tomorrow night. As far as future mods, looking at a third spotty, still deciding on a dual battery setup, decide between 2 tradesman style roof racks as they need to bolt on to a set of rhino racks. A 2.75 or 3inch exhaust might be looked at. As far as chips etc,still on the fence as Im not an avid fan of these products but who knows. Pretty happy with the power overall but would like a bit more acceleration of the mark. Will see. Im just keen to get the toy dirty finally.

The next thing will be the NTN stickers.

Will be posting some pics of the samsung tab working with the ODBII software.
mako76

Postby Homer on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm

mako76 wrote:Have been meaning to catch up to discuss the mod. Been pretty busy with shutdowns at work as well. Had no problems (yet) when the Truck went in for its first service, no mention of the provent , only the tyre pressure. The service manager tried to tell me any issues they deemed to be caused by the tyre pressure and suspension would not be covered under warranty , WTF. Lets just say he has a better understanding after a few choice words.

WTF indeed :lol: :lol: unreal some of the things you hear about on this forum :shock:
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby biggibbo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 pm

looking awesome - quick Q - is that the way u installed you unifilter or is that for photo purposes? Mine is installed the other way round and hoping I havn't screwed it up.
biggibbo

Postby hodsobre01 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Nice Job !!!

Hey where did you get the "wet seat covers" and how much ???
hodsobre01

Postby Longranger1 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Homer wrote:
mako76 wrote:Have been meaning to catch up to discuss the mod. Been pretty busy with shutdowns at work as well. Had no problems (yet) when the Truck went in for its first service, no mention of the provent , only the tyre pressure. The service manager tried to tell me any issues they deemed to be caused by the tyre pressure and suspension would not be covered under warranty , WTF. Lets just say he has a better understanding after a few choice words.

WTF indeed :lol: :lol: unreal some of the things you hear about on this forum :shock:

That's Townsville for you... even dealing with little issues are problematic, and that's the nicest way I can put it :evil: .
Sometimes "choice words" are the only way of dealing with turkeys... Obviously don't want repeat customers...
The voices in my head may not be real, but they do have some damned good ideas.

If it's feral, it's in peril.

MN turbo lag? What lag??

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Longranger1
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mako76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 pm

biggibbo wrote:looking awesome - quick Q - is that the way u installed you unifilter or is that for photo purposes? Mine is installed the other way round and hoping I havn't screwed it up.

Hey biggibbo

You have installed the filter the right way up, I just flipped it over for the photo. Will edit my first thread so I don't mislead anyone.

With regards to the seat covers,

You can buy the seat covers TJM , but I ordered them directly from The Wet Seat company as the rears have to be customed made, the fronts are a multi fit from what I can see. The total cost with head rest covers was $554.00. Ensure they cut the centre arm rest and the hole for the seat release tab as mine were missing both the first time and had to be sent back.

Cheers

Mako
mako76

Postby MUD LARK on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Mako,
Welcome Mate, $$$ well spent!!! Great built in a very short time!!!
Tough looking Triton.....
Buy some timbers at Bunnings, built a bridge then get over it!!!
MUD LARK

Next

Return to Member Build Ups