Snorkel Purchase

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Snorkel Purchase

Postby Mesiah on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm

hi guys

i have a been looking at buying a snorkel and have been checking out all the usual places my question is this i have found on ebay some reasonably priced snorkels for my NM triton and want to know if these cheaper version are any good or should i give them a wide birth there is such a large price difference in these was wondering why this is so some in ebay are selling for around $140 but the safari is priced at $500 or more in places

your input is much apreciated

Chris
Hello

From Chris and SHOT GUN
Mesiah
Mesiah

Re: Snorkel Purchase

Postby krazed on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Buying a safari you are paying for the name plain and simple . Plenty of guys have fitted the ebay snorkels with no dramas as of yet . Im not saying the safari is not of better quality but the choice is yours at the end of the day . You can get the tjm snorkel cheaper or if you like the look of the safari style ironman's are about half the price .

Refer thread below

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10958&p=247807&hilit=247807
krazed

Postby motoz on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Get one from 4WD Supplies. Boycee's got a great product at a realistic price.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby fridgie on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm

motoz wrote:Get one from 4WD Supplies. Boycee's got a great product at a realistic price.

And he's local to us ;-)

Looks after us well and doesn't just try fob you off like a heap of the ebay sellers...
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Quinny on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 pm

... agree Fridgeman ... check out the forum sponsors first - you always get a few bucks off anyway, just by being on here ... they are decent blokes and would not be stupid enough to put a half-assed product in front of us all ...
Never argue with an idiot ... they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ...
Quinny
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DocBassett on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 pm

I Just forked out the $520 for a safari snorkel and paid $250 to have it fitted. The selling point for me was that it came with a new radiator over flow bottle so I didn't have to do any mods (not sure if this is essential for the MN?!). Also I have heard the cheaper ones use a plastic that is not as UV resistant so can fade in the sun. having said that, you could easily buy 3 ebay ones for the price of a safari to replace any sun fade :S ultimately it comes down to use as well..... if you are taking your triton swimming, a great seal is important, so i'd spend the money. If it's mainly for improved airflow, the cheap would suffice. you could always take $500, spend $140 on a snorkel and the rest on another mod and perhaps some beer :D If you are opting for a safari or TJM, i'd go the safari. not a huge difference in price and i was told the safari has one less bend in the system and therefore better airflow, but i honestly wouldn't know, was just what I was told!
DocBassett

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

That's a sh!t load! I paid a fraction of tha off a forum sponsort. Had some help fitting it but it seals just as well. Can stall the engine putting something over the intake. As airtight as u can get I imagine...
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GLR2012 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:40 am

I bought an eBay one and have had it Installed. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just yesterday 2/3/2113 went through water up and over the bonnet no dramas at all. I'd say go for the eBay one mate.
GLR2012

Postby Duck on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm

I like the look of the TJM snorkel, can get it for $600 fitted, but is truckloads when you compare it to $140 even with $140 fitting :cry:
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby motoz on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Duck wrote:I like the look of the TJM snorkel, can get it for $600 fitted, but is truckloads when you compare it to $140 even with $140 fitting :cry:

So your paying $740 for a product with two more bends in the inlet tract?

:shock:

Buy one off 4wd supplies, get the hole saws from NTN and put the difference towards other mods.

:)
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Duck on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:59 am

No $600 fitted & if I got hold of the hole saws I would be up for thousands in repairs :lol: But I like the look of the TJM not saying its better or worse I just prefer it & no matter what I did I would have to pay to get it fitted :D Unless you are coming for a little drive to do the install :D
Duck

Postby GL-R79 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 am

Duck wrote:No $600 fitted & if I got hold of the hole saws I would be up for thousands in repairs :lol: But I like the look of the TJM not saying its better or worse I just prefer it & no matter what I did I would have to pay to get it fitted :D Unless you are coming for a little drive to do the install :D

Hey Duck, where did you get the TJM snorkel fitted for $600? I was quoted $823 from TJM at Geebung, and around $815 for a Safari one from ARB Nundah! Talk about expensive.:o
"I always enjoyed myself a lot in pre-school." - Valentino Rossi
GL-R79

Postby Duck on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:18 pm

At a TJM store, it didn't sound like it was a special price or anything hope he was looking at the same thing, Might also be something to do with something about a washer bottle he was talking about :? Still 2 much money for some plastic, Any expert snorkel fitters in Brissy, that work for hydration :)
Duck

Postby blainey on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

I'd like to know which TJM store also. Caboolture TJM quoted around the $800 mark fitted.
I do agree TJM looks heaps better.
blainey

Postby Mesiah on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

i bought the ebay item and fitted it myself and it really looks the part ive seen some that look real daggy this one looks like it was meant to be there im really happy with it
Hello

From Chris and SHOT GUN
Mesiah
Mesiah

Postby har05l on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:05 pm

blainey wrote:I'd like to know which TJM store also. Caboolture TJM quoted around the $800 mark fitted.
I do agree TJM looks heaps better.

I agree the TJM item looks better but the twists and turns incorporated within the fitting is a little out there :roll: , not to mention they leak :lol:

I bought the cheapo version and was an easy fit with a little help and the look does grow on you 8-) , total cost was $150ish from memory :D
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby irwazza on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 am

I'm pretty sure mine was supply and fit for $600 also. Mildura, Victoria store

And mine doesn't leak.....
irwazza

Postby har05l on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:27 am

irwazza wrote:And mine doesn't leak.....

Only aimed at 1 member in particular mate and he knows who he is :twisted:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Golden77 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am

This is a question to the guys who have bought one from Boycee or off Ebay. What did you guys do re moving/replacing the Radiator overflow bottle?

Tried to do a search but i am pretty retarded at that sort of thing!!! :)
Golden77

Postby Mesiah on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

mine came with a replacment overflow bottle a nice looking stainless steel 1 but i managed to with a bit of modification fit the original bottle back and all is good

i purchased mine off ebay $145 delivered and it really looks the goods too and all working well
Hello

From Chris and SHOT GUN
Mesiah
Mesiah

Postby har05l on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Golden77 wrote:This is a question to the guys who have bought one from Boycee or off Ebay. What did you guys do re moving/replacing the Radiator overflow bottle?

10 second search ;)

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=12066&hilit=Snorkel+overflow
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Golden77 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:16 am

har05l wrote:
Golden77 wrote:This is a question to the guys who have bought one from Boycee or off Ebay. What did you guys do re moving/replacing the Radiator overflow bottle?

10 second search ;)

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=12066&hilit=Snorkel+overflow">viewtopic.php?f=85&t=12066&hilit=Snorkel+overflow</a><!-- l -->
:D :D cheers Har05l! :lol: :lol:
Golden77

Re: The newtriton snorkel hole-saw rental thread.

Postby Bodgy on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 pm

What's the recommended knock off snorkel for an ML V6?

I'm looking for something under $200 but would be keen to hear from people have experience with them.

Don't need a hole saw haha, I got plenty.

Cheers. Happy Friday.
Bodgy

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:22 pm

@Bodgy - I had an ML V6 with a Safari knock off that was made in Malaysia. Worked well, but the red paint made it go much faster. :D

Rock Climbing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Exterior Mods