Best deals for basic ML Triton VR mods - bull bar and canopy

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Best deals for basic ML Triton VR mods - bull bar and canopy

Postby tryhard on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi guys

Just explained my one week intro to Tritons in the Introduction section :).

Going to try to pick up the current VR (well, the pre-Super-Select version, 'cos that seems to be the one with the sharpest deals and I probably won't ever use it - only likely to go up the beach once a year)

I want to start off mods slowly so the ball-and-chain doesn't notice it all happening at once :p.

Initially I think a canopy (ideally flat roof, but high roof would do), and a front bull bar will get me under the radar (she will probably notice they're fitted but if I make some noises about shoe sales it might throw her off the scent)

Any ideas on the best deals in Brisbane area ? I have used Custom Alloy before for bull bars and they were priced well and nice product. I got a phone quote on a TJM canopy which was $1,800 fitted with sliding windows and a fold down front section so that slider window in the cab was accessible.

I have a mate who is ex End Rust but a mobile panel beater who also does decent onsite rust proofing for about $300 which he reckons kills most of the products and shop installs (he spends most of the day dismantalling the interior before application, then putting it all back together) so I'll probably stick with him. None of my other cars have ever rusted but then they only really got near salt for a few days of their life :( Hopefully leisure / work balance will mean the Triton spends a decent part of the year on Fraser :)

Any ideas for bullbars and canopies much appreciated

Cheers
TryHard
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Re: Best deals for basic ML Triton VR mods - bull bar and canopy

Postby joker on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:30 pm

I've got an ARB smooth canopy with 2 lift up side windows. Got in from Nundah ARB for $2500 fitted. Its dearer than most but looks great and the lift up windows make accessing the tray much easier than sliding windows do.
I'm getting Goldcoast 4x4 accessories to fit an ARB bullbar too, they quoted $2100 for a deluxe winch bar, colour coded.
joker

Re: Best deals for basic ML Triton VR mods - bull bar and canopy

Postby tryhard on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks mate - I'll go visit the ARB mob at Nundah for a squiz. Cheers for that.
---

MY10 MN GLX-R 2.5 DiD Auto gunmetal grey
tryhard

Return to Exterior Mods