spotted these flares on ebay, whatta ya reckon?

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: spotted these flares on ebay, whatta ya reckon?

Postby DocBassett on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:49 am

Hey Motoz, have you fitted these flares yet??? I have some spare tax $$ "laying around" and thinking of getting a new flare that's been missing on my front left for a long time now. Mitsi want $480 for one flare. So i'm looking at buying an aftermarket set. I can't find anything wider than standard apart from the thai ones. But don't want to fork out the money if they don't fit well.
DocBassett

Postby donks1 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 pm

DocBassett wrote:Hey Motoz, have you fitted these flares yet??? I have some spare tax $$ "laying around" and thinking of getting a new flare that's been missing on my front left for a long time now. Mitsi want $480 for one flare. So i'm looking at buying an aftermarket set. I can't find anything wider than standard apart from the thai ones. But don't want to fork out the money if they don't fit well.

$480.00 each??? Glad I dont go to your stealer. $116.00 on the East coast. Clips, seals and all.

Steve
donks1

Postby DocBassett on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:48 pm

It's called the kalgoorlie mining tax!! :lol: I got the exact same quote from a panel beater and body repair business here too.
DocBassett

Postby Lunny on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Tek screws always work lol
Lunny
Lunny

Postby dashers on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 pm

Hey guys got these on my mn needed to do a bit of modifying to get them to fit with the bulbar. Makes the ole girl look quite mean. As for breaking them, had a slight mishap, and only put a small hole in the rear one, which will be a easy repair.
dashers
Platinum Subscriber

Postby motoz on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:33 pm

DocBassett wrote:Hey Motoz, have you fitted these flares yet??? I have some spare tax $$ "laying around" and thinking of getting a new flare that's been missing on my front left for a long time now. Mitsi want $480 for one flare. So i'm looking at buying an aftermarket set. I can't find anything wider than standard apart from the thai ones. But don't want to fork out the money if they don't fit well.

No I haven't fitted them yet. There still in the shed.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby watriton06 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 am

Hey everyone
did any of you end up buying these (if so how did they go?) or find anywhere else that makes and sells similar ones?
regards
watriton06

Postby M.Bas on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm

DocBassett wrote:as far as I am aware, these are the only after market flares you can get that are wider than standard. So not much choice. I'm possibly going to have to get a set to cover my tyres that are a 1cm outside the guards. expensive though, especially for something that's out of Thailand.

In Europe there is a company called Delta 4x4 that makes wider flares. Not sure about price and quality though.
And in Norway there is/was a company called Xtreme4x4 that did Arctic Truck style conversions on L200's, but I don't know if they are still in business. One of their conversions is driving around in the area where I live, maybe I can take some pictures of it when I spot it again.
But a simple search on google should get some results as wel.

Edit: price for the Delta's was easier to find than expected. Approx €1200 incl taxes. :o
Recently I paid less than €40 at the dealer for an original one.
Last edited by M.Bas on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M.Bas

Postby Wulfegang on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Looks good, certainly ups the toughness look.
Wulfegang

Postby Tony81 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:10 pm

I contacted a company some time ago about the arctic style flares and got an initial reply i think it was Jungle Flares or something like that.

The person emailing me back sent me a picture of what they can do for our vehicles as you can see Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Unfortunately he stopped emailing me back when he saw that I had ARB front Bar simply saying that they don't make flares to suit that kind of from bumper.....

I originally got the site and email address from a Navara site that o look at every now and then
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Wulfegang on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Those arctic flares look pretty good, but surely if you're going wheels/tyres that require those flares you'd have a bullbar too anyway.
Wulfegang

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Click to view larger picture
from mase101 shed
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby macca002 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:35 pm

4wd26 wrote:Click to view larger picture
from mase101 shed

This Triton lives around the corner form me. Looks tough!

Has NT plates as of this week
macca002

Postby lachiem on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 pm

It's a serious business look that one.
I don't mind those moulded flares there tony, Different look.
Something profound
Something funny
lachiem

Postby watriton06 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Hey guys.
Bit of an update, I purchased these flares here http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1340682389
And couldn't for the life of me to get them to fit nor could a fitter I visited. Just thought I would warn you all to stay away unless he just made one bad batch.
Regards.
watriton06

Postby motoz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

watriton06 wrote:Hey guys.
Bit of an update, I purchased these flares here http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1340682389
And couldn't for the life of me to get them to fit nor could a fitter I visited. Just thought I would warn you all to stay away unless he just made one bad batch.
Regards.

I concur.
I've had a set painted up and ready to go for the last 6mths. Every time I've tried to fit them up its resulted in a lot of head scratching and $$$ in the swear jar.

Right royal pain in the ass !!!

:twisted:
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Postby M.Bas on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm

Tony81 wrote:I contacted a company some time ago about the arctic style flares and got an initial reply i think it was Jungle Flares or something like that.

The person emailing me back sent me a picture of what they can do for our vehicles as you can see Click to view larger pictureClick to view larger picture

Unfortunately he stopped emailing me back when he saw that I had ARB front Bar simply saying that they don't make flares to suit that kind of from bumper.....

I originally got the site and email address from a Navara site that o look at every now and then

I think I have found the manufacturer of these flares. They are made by a company in Iceland, where else..., and they look exactly like the flares on the Xtreme4x4 L200's for purchase here in Norway.
Looks like the manufacturer only does B2B but I can ask them for retailers if you guys want.
M.Bas

Postby watriton06 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Yeahp..
And now I cant find any standard ones to fit a glxr 2006 ml model anywhere but mitsubishi dealer and they charge a arm and a leg!!
watriton06

Postby watriton06 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:03 pm

M.Bas wrote:
Tony81 wrote:I contacted a company some time ago about the arctic style flares and got an initial reply i think it was Jungle Flares or something like that.

I think I have found the manufacturer of these flares. They are made by a company in Iceland, where else..., and they look exactly like the flares on the Xtreme4x4 L200's for purchase here in Norway.
Looks like the manufacturer only does B2B but I can ask them for retailers if you guys want.

That would be great!
I wonder if they would fit glxr model tritons?
watriton06

Postby M.Bas on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:37 pm

In europe we have different model designations, what is different about the glxr as opposed to other models that might make it impossible to fit different flares?
M.Bas

Postby watriton06 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:06 pm

M.Bas wrote:In europe we have different model designations, what is different about the glxr as opposed to other models that might make it impossible to fit different flares?

Im not quite sure. I know there is little choice on fender flares to fit the glxr models that come with stock flares because they have a different shape?
Hopefully someone on here can shed some light.
watriton06

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 am

I've never heard that before. The glxr has always come with flares and I thought they fit all models, the only issue being that you might need to drill holes if your triton wasn't sold with flares?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby M.Bas on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 am

I have mailed the manufacturer for some info, one thing to take into account is that these flares are made of fibreglass and NOT offroad proof. If you find yourself crawling through tight spots quite often it might be a good idea to not use Icelandic style flares. :lol:

To ease the waiting a couple of pics of L200's with Icelandic style flares currently for sale in Norway. 8-)
All of them converted by Xtreme4x4
M.Bas

Postby watriton06 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:27 am

I love the look of them!
watriton06

Postby motoz on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:56 am

M.Bas wrote:I have mailed the manufacturer for some info, one thing to take into account is that these flares are made of fibreglass and NOT offroad proof. If you find yourself crawling through tight spots quite often it might be a good idea to not use Icelandic style flares. :lol:

To ease the waiting a couple of pics of L200's with Icelandic style flares currently for sale in Norway. 8-)
All of them converted by Xtreme4x4

I want those headlights !!!

8-)
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Exterior Mods