Fitting ARB towbar step

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: Fitting ARB towbar step

Postby Calblitzen on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:08 pm

So I rang the store and explained that I would need the spacer kit and was told no such thing. I said, try part # 3546230 to which came back a very surprised reply of had did you know about that. Lucky for me they had 2 come into the store that morning. So will be fitting the bar up this weekend.

Must thank the forum for the wealth of knowledge as I think I would have had some trouble otherwise.
No matter what life throws at you, SMILE.

Better to be looking at it, than looking for it.
Calblitzen

Postby mudslinger on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:35 am

great result

these blokes sell and fit this stuff for a living how can they not know or more so not care

certainly won't be getting ARB to fit any more of my gear,not when I'm putting my family in the car.

worse is they were getting part delivered... what a joke!

ARB need to pull up their socks...retail network is letting ya down!! :x
mudslinger

Postby mudslinger on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:38 am

its sad and telling you something when your telling and advising the bloke whos supposed to be advising you ..
mudslinger

Postby mudslinger on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Just been back a second time to get ARB St Peters to fit the rear step with the additional spacers but this time the clowns have put the rear step on crooked. :shock: It drops about an additional 10mm on the left hand side.

Does any one know if this will ultimately twist anything thing else once a load is applied, or will it effect the handling in any way once I start towing? I'll get mechanic down the road to check and adjust...going with ARB has been nothing but a hassle so far. Might be expecting and asking too much from ARB St Peters to actual check it before it leaves the work shop.. not impressed a second time ! !
mudslinger

Postby mudslinger on Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:24 pm

I’ve called ARB Moorebank and they’ve since had a look at the rear step and its fitment. The head foreman Sean & Leon the state Mgr got involved, they’ve installed a brand new one and rectified all issues.

I can truly say that they weren’t very impressed with what had transpired and couldn’t apologise enough, they were professional and timely in resolving my matter, they got the car in straight away and fixed all the issues no questions asked. They only wanted to see the customer happy.

They were professional, timely and ready to address my concerns, rectify the situation and make good on the deal. I can truly say I am very impressed in the way that ARB took accountability for what had happened and stood by their product. Both Leon & Sean took responsibility for the situation and sorted in out. Due to inconvenience, loss of time from work etc. they’ve also offered to install new track mounted rhino roof racks and bars FOC!.

I feel they’ve done an outstanding job to recover the customer relationship, treat me fairly and ensure that I was happy in the end. I now feel comfortable that I can trust ARB to stand by and support their product and have decided to forgo the roof rack offer and take a great discount on Deluxe Bull bar, and they've fitted me in for an install before Chrissie despite an extremely tight schedule.

It is possible to turn the worst customer experience into the best customer experience, just by addressing and listening to your customers concerns. Great work!! I now know where I will be going to fit out the rest of my car with all the goodies.
:D :D :D :D :) :)
mudslinger

Ml triton fitting instruction rear step bar

Postby danhead on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:13 am

Need fitting instructions for a ml rear step bar how to mount and what is needed to fit any help would be great thanks
danhead

Re: Ml triton fitting instruction rear step bar

Postby coughy on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 am

use the search up the top of the page m8 there is heaps in there about it

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16939&hilit=fitting+instructions+rear+bar
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:21 am

Danhead, we really need a bit more information.

What kind of rear step bar? ARB (as coughy thought), another brand or the factory one?

What model are you intending to install on? (tub panels do vary in the ML).

What pieces do you have? Or, what's missing?

I'm going to leave this thread open for the moment, until we establish what it is that you're trying to do and then I'll most probably merge with an existing thread, which is likely where you should have posted in the first place.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby danhead on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:26 am

Ml 08 model and arb rear step bar nothing missing just want photos of one mounted undernearh
danhead

Postby benjimc on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:34 am

Hi, i would also like some pictures underneath of the MN ARB rear step mounted with the fitting kit as i have bought one which came with the fitting kit but no instructions and ARB have not sent me them yet after twice asking so hoping someone here as a couple of pics or info on how the fitting kit goes on.
Cheers,
benjimc

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:18 pm

I am pretty sure I have the instructions somewhere. I thought they were on the forum somewhere too but am on an iPad at the moment and find searching a bit crap on that.

If you pm me a reminder I will find them when I'm next on my pc and post them up for you.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby benjimc on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Cheers Cowboy dave PM sent.
benjimc

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:13 pm

They should have been here:

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13473&p=535899#p327358

but the images are gone as always seems to happen with old image shack posts.

Anyway here's a PDF copy, which appears to be short the last 2 pages, which I assume weren't essential since I used these to put my bar on.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6N39AZd7dAYWlp4TWh3TEJ4MUE

Cowboy Dave

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Proper pdf now attached in case my google drive link ever dies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cowboy Dave

Postby benjimc on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Your a legend thanks heaps now i have some work to do after i get back from holidays.
benjimc

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods