Jungle flares with scrub bars

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Jungle flares with scrub bars

Postby Trentd on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Tried to have a quick search, no luck

Any threads going about modifying the wide flare arches for a triton to fit in between arb bullbar at the front? Just wondering if anyone's cut them down or even gone an extra mile and re moulded them after the cut! If I could be linked to any on going threads that would be great! Otherwise I'll start a new topic! Cheers!!
Trentd

Re: Can't find it? Ask here FIRST, before you start a new th

Postby FredSmith on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:38 am

Trentd wrote:Tried to have a quick search, no luck

Any threads going about modifying the wide flare arches for a triton to fit in between arb bullbar at the front? Just wondering if anyone's cut them down or even gone an extra mile and re moulded them after the cut! If I could be linked to any on going threads that would be great! Otherwise I'll start a new topic! Cheers!!

You'll have to cut them. Leave about a 10 mm gap between bar and flare. Then go to Clark Rubber and by some "pinch weld". I think it is around $6.00 per meter. Cut a piece of this and place over the end of the cut flare.

HTC

Ian
FredSmith
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Fitting ironman bar?

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:57 am

Hmmmm.

Trentd wrote:Otherwise I'll start a new topic!

No, you will not. The subject has been covered numerous times - I got over 50 hits with a fairly targetted search, over 1700 with only two key words.

I've moved the posts here because, although an old thread, it does relate to the flare cutting and there is an excellent photo of the finished result.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby mattz on Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:06 am

When you say "wide flare arches" are you talking about the factory ones or the jungle flares like this?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1900051364
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:04 am

ML GLX-R, mattz, with factory flares. Nice build here
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:12 am

I thought when he said in "between" he might have meant scrub bars but wasn't sure.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:33 am

Ok, now I'm confused too.

Just have to wait until he comes back on and explains. When he does I'll move if appropriate.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby Trentd on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 am

Sorry completely my fault! Was not even thinking properly!

I meant the jungle like ones! Excessively big ones, I have the factory glxr ones on at the moment and want to upgrade to the 4'75" ( I think ) I have scrub bars that are 4'75 from the car body, so I was wondering if anyone's been able to just squash them in? Or re mould the front ones!

Cheers! Sorry for the terrible description
Trentd

Postby Trentd on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:02 am

This actually has helped though, If I did cut them to fit in between the scrub bars I could always use that pinch weld to finish it off..!
And I guess it may look half decent! Was just wondering if there were photos! Of what the arches looked like on a normal triton! Whether it looked funny with the wheels not being super wide
Trentd

Re: Jungle flares with scrub bars

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am

Right. Sorted.

There are a few things you need to consider.

Firstly, those big flares look silly with standard (even 265s) rubber and tyres. You'll need to go bigger tyres and change wheel offsets to fill them. See kwyjibo's:

Click to view larger picture

Unless you're talented/skilled with plastic or fibreglass work then I wouldn't even try to modify the flares to fit inside the scrub bars. Apart from looks you'll have to make the modifications big enough to allow for the fact that the flares are attached to the body while the bars are attached to the chassis. That means that they'll move relative to each other and so any changes to the flares would need to be big enough to allow for this without contact.

I'd say it would be a much easier proposition to get the scrub bars modified so that they run clear of the new flares.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Re: Jungle flares with scrub bars

Postby Trentd on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:39 am

Great help! Thanks heaps for the information!
I probably won't bother then! I have 31" on there now, not sure about offset that's been fitted, I will only be going to 32's with a more agressive tread! Right now I just have wrapped arches to make them all black and got quoted 400$ for them to be sprayed! Was just looking at options and the wider arches look bad ass! Haha
Trentd

Return to Exterior Mods