No drill Flush mount Tonneau's

Bull bars, sliders, wheel carriers etc!

Re: No drill Flush mount Tonneau's

Postby Dunga71 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Joel wrote:If the rivets havent pulled properly you can sometimes hit the center with a punch to knock it back through then drill the rivet out.

Yeah had a look at that but then pin falls down inside the guard some weren't drilled right through as its where the fold of the tub rim is,probably why they didn't pop correctly
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby sweeper05 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 am

Thanks for that...at least I can't complain about the thoroughness of Mitsubishi's installation. I'll try again removing the rivets today, plus I think there might be some type of adhesive involved where the rails meet the tub. If it p#sses me off too much I might just call Mits and have them do it.
sweeper05

Postby red dragin on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:20 pm

sweeper05 wrote:Thanks for that...at least I can't complain about the thoroughness of Mitsubishi's installation. I'll try again removing the rivets today, plus I think there might be some type of adhesive involved where the rails meet the tub. If it p#sses me off too much I might just call Mits and have them do it.

Genuine?

If so there is double sided tape between the tub and the rails as well - I got a genuine kit off eBay from a dealer in Vic and installed it myself.
2015 MN Triton Dual Cab 4x4 GLX

The wife is always complaining about it being too long.
They need to make bigger car parks :D
red dragin

Postby Joel on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:08 pm

I have found braided fishing line really useful for cutting tape/silicone. Just make sure you wear gloves so you dont cut your fingers.
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby sweeper05 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Well finally got it done. Mits wanted over $300 said it would take 2 hours, so I gave it another go myself. Ended up drilling the caps off the rivets and pushing the remaining pins back through. Most fell out to the tub or on the garage floor. Then had to prise off the double sided with screw driver and rags (should have read Joel's clue for braided fishing line first). Anyway I'm now left with the rail system and sports bar no longer needed and stored in the shed, but the new canopy is great so all good.
sweeper05

Previous

Return to Exterior Mods